T Nation

Plateaus

ok guys...ive come for some advice...

first off im not the leanest guy in the world or the chubbiest dude in the world...im what you would probably call average(185lbs 15-16%bf..top 2 abs visable)...i am a ffb though(250lbs)...

my dilema is ive never been to that lean stage where i can see my abs...and i would love to...but then again..i don't want to be a skinny guy..like 175lbs w/ abs...i would love to be 220lbs and 12-14% bf in the future...

i've yo yo'd...between 185-200lbs for over a year now...and its starting to piss me off....

i would love just to bulk up and get big...thats what i lift for...i want my numbers to go up ...and i would much rather have huge traps and a big powerful look ...then a sufer 6 pack look...

i think im just nervous to look how i used to look....and gain more fat than muscle eventhough my diet will be on point..... how did you get over this fear??? if anyone had this dilema

What I did was to slowly increase my caloric intake, so that I was gaining weight each week but not too much. Your body won't store much fat if it could instead use those nutrients to repair muscle.

how lean were you when u started bulking up/???