Plastics and Xenoestrogens

Do you actively avoid the use of plastics when it comes to storing things you consume?

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/41628/title/Bottled_water_may_contain_â??hormonesâ??_Plastics

I don’t, I drink 3-4 bottles of water at work and will also put down a whole lab wear bottle full of liquid while training.

I use BPA free as often as possible, but won’t turn down buying a water bottle from a convenience store.

I pack food for teh day in BPA free tupperware, even then I don’t microwave in it.

Makes no sense to willingly consume stuff on a regular basis from normal plastic.

I avoid drinking water from plastics. I store some foods in plastics, but do not microwave in them.

I quit wearing polyester, especially underwear just because I read it was plastic. I avoid touching receipts because they have bpa. I the thought of using a plastic spoon scares me.

I walk around in a bubble. A glass one.

Stupid question, I store stuff in glass containers, but put a layer of Cellophane or Saranwrap over it, am I fucked ?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Stupid question, I store stuff in glass containers, but put a layer of Cellophane or Saranwrap over it, am I fucked ?[/quote]

Don’t let the food touch the wrap when its in the fridge. Also, never EVER heat your food with any kind of saranwrap draped directly on the food: that shit leeches all kinds of chemicals.

Joke all you want, but do you ever wonder what factors are contributing to the plummeting test levels in males? If science is demonstrating examples of this, I’ll listen.

Take zinc, eat lots of green leafy veges, keep bf level down, and drink a lot of green tea in addition to these other tips. Reservatrol may help too but I don’t have experience with that one.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Joke all you want, but do you ever wonder what factors are contributing to the plummeting test levels in males? If science is demonstrating examples of this, I’ll listen. [/quote]

I don’t think the majority posting here are joking. I’m not terribly militant about avoiding plastics, but I’m sure not too fond of them if I can avoid them. It’s not wrong to be paranoid of those plummeting test levels. Take a look around at the majority of “men” today and it’s hard NOT to be paranoid.

Damn, my business is plastic manufacture… dinner ware etc, am i guna go bankrupt?

FYI the stuff we make is FDA food safe!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Joke all you want, but do you ever wonder what factors are contributing to the plummeting test levels in males? If science is demonstrating examples of this, I’ll listen. [/quote]

or males with gyno :wink: granted, excess body fat is a big factor as well

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Damn, my business is plastic manufacture… dinner ware etc, am i guna go bankrupt?[/quote]

Nope, Americans as a whole don’t give a F about their health

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Damn, my business is plastic manufacture… dinner ware etc, am i guna go bankrupt?[/quote]

Nope, Americans as a whole don’t give a F about their health[/quote]

Exactly. In spite of medical science studies and public health awareness, the tobacco industry is doing quite well.

Oh, LOL @ FDA approval!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

Nope, Americans as a whole don’t give a F about their health[/quote]

Exactly. In spite of medical science studies and public health awareness, the tobacco industry is doing quite well.

Oh, LOL @ FDA approval![/quote]

what do you expect when a BB website has posters that defend people for smoking :wink:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I inject that shit so fuck it

Even if you wanted to, it would be impossible.

Everything you buy from a grocery store practically comes in a plastic container.

If given the choice I will opt for glass/steel but I won’t inconvenience myself.

My food containers are all glass and I don’t heat plastic. Other than that I don’t do much else.

oh man i’m with you guys. i hate estrogen and girls >.<. one time my penis accidentaly touched a girl so i had to rub it clean with soap and water until it sneezed milk

[quote]eremesu wrote:
oh man i’m with you guys. i hate estrogen and girls >.<. one time my penis accidentaly touched a girl so i had to rub it clean with soap and water until it sneezed milk[/quote]
I loled hard. So hard I sneezed milk all over the computer… I was drinking milk.