Plastic Coffee Machine/Xenoestrogens...Thoughts?

if any of you have plastic coffee machines, do you worry about the xenoestrogens over a long period of time? my mom gave me an old plastic one she used to have.

we have another one at home so i’m gona see if that one is made of something else. it does worry me about boiling the water up in that plastic over the course of a long time.

do they even make coffee machines that are metal or glass or w/e?

[quote]lifter85 wrote:
do they even make coffee machines that are metal or glass or w/e?[/quote]

A French Press is typically glass and metal. Completely different from your typical drip coffee maker though.

I don’t worry about it.

coffee counteracts xenoestrogens according to my data.
I know a lot of health conscious non-coffee drinkers and I’m stronger than all of them.
that’s all the data I need!
:wink:

seriously though, a french press makes great coffee.

Of all the things that I’ll be worrying about in the forseeable future, ‘xenoestrogen exposure’ ranks just behind ‘massive asteroid impact with Earth’.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Of all the things that I’ll be worrying about in the forseeable future, ‘xenoestrogen exposure’ ranks just behind ‘massive asteroid impact with Earth’.[/quote]

I’m more concerned about the SUPERNOVA! It’s comin’ y’all.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
[/quote]

I am DEFINITELY moving that to the top o’ the list.

Now, where the hell is my bicycle helmet, I have to go to the bathroom…

I beg to differ with those who think that xenoestrogens are not a serious issue. I do try and avoid drinking from plastic that has come into contact with high temperatures.

You might want to check out this film “The Disappearing Male” by the CBC.

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/doczone/2008/disappearingmale/

[quote]entheogens wrote:
I beg to differ with those who think that xenoestrogens are not a serious issue. I do try and avoid drinking from plastic that has come into contact with high temperatures.

[/quote]

But you don’t even have hair!

Seriously, why haven’t any T-engineers stepped up to tell the OP that the water is not heated in the plastic holding tank but in a metal tube that contains a heating element? If the water was heated to boiling inside the plastic, the cheap plastic of a consumer coffee machine would surely melt. The hot water only contacts any plastic for minimal time as it passes through the opening of the plastic basket and into the pot. It’s not the same thing as microwaving food in Tupperware. If you’re still worried about the xenoestrogens from this little contact, you have bigger problems, imo.

DB

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
Of all the things that I’ll be worrying about in the forseeable future, ‘xenoestrogen exposure’ ranks just behind ‘massive asteroid impact with Earth’.

- YouTube [/quote]

Fool! CERN will have created a mini-black hole by the end of the week, ending life as we know it!

Can’t we see the results already? Look at society. It’s a soy-latte world out there and the feminine/gay agenda is not just words anymore. It’s in our food and all over our tv.

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

Fool! CERN will have created a mini-black hole by the end of the week, ending life as we know it![/quote]

You mean this?

http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
duffyj2 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

Fool! CERN will have created a mini-black hole by the end of the week, ending life as we know it!

You mean this?

http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/ [/quote]

I’m disappointed. I’d expect that you would see through that sort of government propaganda.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
duffyj2 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

You mean this?

http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/ [/quote]

Holy shit! Up to the minute news converage. I’m putting this on my favourites and checking it every half hour.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
entheogens wrote:

But you don’t even have hair!

[/quote]

Haha LOL, yes, but I am almost 50 years old AND, besides, I do have hair but I shave my head.

Good point. You are right, the coffee maker probably is not an instance that we have to worry about, however, drinks left under the hot sun in plastic bottles would be.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Can’t we see the results already? Look at society. It’s a soy-latte world out there and the feminine/gay agenda is not just words anymore. It’s in our food and all over our tv.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought there was pretty much consensus here on T-Nation about the negative effects of phytoestrogens, like those in soy that Rockscar references above. Why wouldn’t people then be wary of the xenoestrogens in plastic?