Plastic and Estrogens

I read about plastic and estrogens from this site and had to search the web for some more info because truly, I couldn’t believe it… My fears were answered that in fact it is true that many plastics (especially nalgene bottles, which i had been using) ooze estrogens into your water or food causing lower sperm counts in newborn males and early puberty and disrupted hormonal cycles in females… SUCKS!!

So at my job i have two water choices, the cooler or the fountain. Since the cooler is water that has been sitting in a gigantic jug of plastic for days I’ve been choosing the water fountain and have been drinking out of a glasss water bottle… The result? My Libido is higher!! Or maybe thats from the new female mini skirt wearing trainees…

Whatever it is, if you have been concerend about this topic like I had switch to a glass water bottle and use the fountain. Even if the amount of estrogens your getting is negligible when it comes to bed/gym performance glass water bottles and the water fountain can be a great Placebo.

I think you’re too concerned with the small stuff. Did you know by switching from the cooler (may or may not be filtered water) to the waterfountain (unfiltered water), you’re probably getting trace amounts of chemicals that are also known to increase estrogen levels?

I drink from a Nalgene bottle all day long. So, this is unwelcome news. However, my gym performance is very strong and sex drive is still through the roof. So I really don’t know how much credit to give it.

Geez, I thought the Nalgene bottles were better off than refilling those crappy little plastic ones you get in stores. I finally convinced my Mother to get one and not do the whole ‘refill the disposable bottle’ thing.

Of course there’s probably no method that’s 100% perfect, there never is -lol

S

I think I remember reading that it’s only a problem when you heat things in plastic.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Geez, I thought the Nalgene bottles were better off than refilling those crappy little plastic ones you get in stores. I finally convinced my Mother to get one and not do the whole ‘refill the disposable bottle’ thing.

Of course there’s probably no method that’s 100% perfect, there never is -lol

S
[/quote]

Nalgene bottles are supposed to be worse but I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Just don’t heat in plastic and you won’t get much leaching out into your water or food.

I believe I had heard a friend mention that they recently found it can occur when washed with detergents too, I hadn’t ever really checked this out as I’m not worried about much of any of it because it seems so small.

Guess who got a nelgene water bottle for Christmas!