Plasti Dip

Anyone have any experience with plasti dip? I just upgraded my rims to black on my Ram 1500. I’d like to plasti dip the bumpers, grill, door handles, and emblems (which are all chrome).

How well does it hold up / last? Do you like the results post dip?

Thanks

[quote]AliveAgain36 wrote:
Anyone have any experience with plasti dip? I just upgraded my rims to black on my Ram 1500. I’d like to plasti dip the bumpers, grill, door handles, and emblems (which are all chrome).

How well does it hold up / last? Do you like the results post dip?

Thanks[/quote]

I’ve been wondering the same.

I wanted to do it last year but I never followed through. I talked to my neighbor who has used it and said to make sure you put it on thick enough so that when you peel it off it doesn’t fall apart and you can just peel it off in one pass.

I think I’m going to do it next week… I’ll throw up some before and after pics.

Is that the stuff in aerosol cans? If so, both of my brothers have used it for several months, perhaps a year. They seem to be happy with it.

May be too late for you to see this if you’ve already done but I used it on a few parts on my car (dash, door handles, shark fin antenna, etc) and it has held up very very well. Make sure you put it on thick enough as before. Worst case you can always peel it off and reapply.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
May be too late for you to see this if you’ve already done but I used it on a few parts on my car (dash, door handles, shark fin antenna, etc) and it has held up very very well. Make sure you put it on thick enough as before. Worst case you can always peel it off and reapply.[/quote]

Not too late - thanks for the input.