Plaque In Your Arteries

Can anyone tell me if the plaque that builds up in your arteries can be fought with exercise and fat loss phases. Or does it have to be removed by external forces. I have done a lot of research and they all talk about diet, which is very important, but I want to know about the exercise aspect.

I ask because, like most of you on here, I eat a lot trying to gain size all the time. And its hard for me to eat clean being a college student with no money (I know this is not an excuse). Besides having a bulk somewhat of a bulk gut, there are times when I fell a slight pain in my chest. Almost like a heart attack. Im think it could be the arteries but people have told me its heartburn.

So I wanted to know if I’m really putting my self in serious danger. And whether exercise helps combat any of the negative effects of a fats.

[quote]realt81 wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the plaque that builds up in your arteries can be fought with exercise and fat loss phases. Or does it have to be removed by external forces. I have done a lot of research and they all talk about diet, which is very important, but I want to know about the exercise aspect.

I ask because, like most of you on here, I eat a lot trying to gain size all the time. And its hard for me to eat clean being a college student with no money (I know this is not an excuse). Besides having a bulk somewhat of a bulk gut, there are times when I fell a slight pain in my chest. Almost like a heart attack. Im think it could be the arteries but people have told me its heartburn.

So I wanted to know if I’m really putting my self in serious danger. And whether exercise helps combat any of the negative effects of a fats.
[/quote]

Yes. Diet and exercise can help.
In fact, fish oil protects the heart by preventing the formation of blood clots; it also prevents the formation of fatty deposits -which is plaque- on the arterial walls.

You want to stay away from hydrogenated oils/trans fats because these can damage the arteries and thats another reason how the plaque can form.
As always, make sure you’re eating plenty of fiber too.

What about the current plaque in your system?

[quote]realt81 wrote:
What about the current plaque in your system? [/quote]

While it may not remove all of the plaque in your arteries over night, it will within time. Try doing a fish oil protocol of maybe high doses lasting for 6-8 weeks, with the right diet.
Don’t avoid eggs either. They actually help lower your cholesterol.
I would lower my milk/dairy intake during this protocol too.

[quote]realt81 wrote:
What about the current plaque in your system? [/quote]

I’ll PM you for more detailed information.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
realt81 wrote:

I’ll PM you for more detailed information.[/quote]

Can you also PM me if you get a chance. I’ve always looked for information as to whether existing plaque could be reduced and never could find an answer.

From what I could find doing a rapid litt. review on PubMed, the only thing shown to potentially reverse (slowly) existing plaques are high dose newer generation statins.

Fish oils and other lifestyle components where shown to slow the progression of disease, not reverse it.

Heart disease is a bitch
AlexH

[quote]as wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
realt81 wrote:

I’ll PM you for more detailed information.

Can you also PM me if you get a chance. I’ve always looked for information as to whether existing plaque could be reduced and never could find an answer.[/quote]

Thanks a lot for all the information guys.

Pain in chest = see a doctor. The above posts are good recommendations, but not a diagnosis of the problem. If you have such a problem, you want to know.

-Cloth

And of course all research performed is unbiased and not intended to support the drug companies push to get everyone to use their statins instead of just changing their lifestyle.

…yeah

Exercise definately helps, but at the same time bad diet can offset this.

Stay well away from statins - even if they do lower heart disease they do not lower mortality! As the previous poster mentioned, don’t eat rancid veg oils.

Fish oil is a primary intervention, and I think many would agree that lowering carb intake will help too (especially refined ones!).

Anti-oxidants def reccomended to protect arteries.

I have read some interesting info on chellation supplementation, this is one of those ‘pharma cover-up’ stories, alternative therapists claim this clears arteries by removing heavy metals etc (note that heavy metals can cause huge free radical production, which may attack arteries).

Oh and one thing for sure - gulp your green tea, I can almost feel it cleaning me out (lol this may be psychological but green tea does feel like it does something good and it is proven to lower blood fats!)

While I love the sarcasm ever present American-conspiracy theories on BigPharma, fish oils being able to slow down progression of plaque is already something major which is on par with low dose or early generation statins. And also there exists pharmaceutical grade fish oils on the market.

It is just not that effective that it can reverse the process. But on the other hand, they have many other benefits that statins do not have.

You guys could take red yeast rice if you wanted natural statin. I think it was the original compound of Mevacor.

Anyway, not being in the states, my fish oils at moderate doses cost me more per month than a prescription of Lipitor or Crestor would.

Personally, it is not an either/or situation. Someone with a proatherogenic lipid profile or CAD family history should be on both and some Vit B complex while we are at it.

Good Day,
AlexH

I’ve heard that systemic enzymes can clean the blood, but I have not personally researched this too deeply. I have read clear research that they reduce inflammation and if you recall, heart disease is largely a disease of inflammation.

Vitalzym brand that I’ve heard is most reputable for the enzymes: VITALZYM: Free Shipping.

Also, I believe that avoiding excess iron (specifically sources of synthetic iron) and taking in natural copper can prevent heart disease. Check out this article for more information on that: http://www.westonaprice.org/men/ironmask.html.

[quote]Dandalex wrote:
While I love the sarcasm ever present American-conspiracy theories on BigPharma, fish oils being able to slow down progression of plaque is already something major which is on par with low dose or early generation statins. And also there exists pharmaceutical grade fish oils on the market.

It is just not that effective that it can reverse the process. But on the other hand, they have many other benefits that statins do not have.

You guys could take red yeast rice if you wanted natural statin. I think it was the original compound of Mevacor.

Anyway, not being in the states, my fish oils at moderate doses cost me more per month than a prescription of Lipitor or Crestor would.

Personally, it is not an either/or situation. Someone with a proatherogenic lipid profile or CAD family history should be on both and some Vit B complex while we are at it.

Good Day,
AlexH[/quote]

I agree. I believe that cholesterol statin drugs are one of the biggest money making scams ever. Someone I work with recently was thinking about taking a statin drug because their doctor recommended it. After I wrote out a simple protocol, her cholesterol levels dropped within a two week period. Good for her, bad for the drug companies. In England, pharmaceutical grade fish oil is given all the time to patients by their doctors.

[quote]edvizard wrote:
Exercise definately helps, but at the same time bad diet can offset this.

Stay well away from statins - even if they do lower heart disease they do not lower mortality! As the previous poster mentioned, don’t eat rancid veg oils.

Fish oil is a primary intervention, and I think many would agree that lowering carb intake will help too (especially refined ones!).

Anti-oxidants def reccomended to protect arteries.

I have read some interesting info on chellation supplementation, this is one of those ‘pharma cover-up’ stories, alternative therapists claim this clears arteries by removing heavy metals etc (note that heavy metals can cause huge free radical production, which may attack arteries).

Oh and one thing for sure - gulp your green tea, I can almost feel it cleaning me out (lol this may be psychological but green tea does feel like it does something good and it is proven to lower blood fats!)[/quote]

Correct. Grapeseed extract actually acts like a sponge, scrubbing the arterial walls.