Planning When To Start Cut

Because I did the CT program. And every time some uses the word “feel” or a muscle that they have no idea what it does or doesn’t know the weight to use when the program actually says what to do… if the program says 6-8, get 6-8 good reps. If you get 12 reps, it’s too light and if you get 4-6 reps, it’s too much weight.

Progression. If you get a few reps where you use a little cheating, you are fine. Next time, you should get less cheating. Once you have the the prescribed reps with ease, up the weight.

Also, this is not an easy program. Take a month to get your groove, work out the kinks and stop looking for outside acceptance. Asking a question about an exercise that you have never done, used light weight is a little bit of a waste.

Again, majoring in the minor.

CT will teach you a butt load of stuff, but you have to stop second guessing yourself on everything and let him teach you.

I’m used to very high rep lateral raises as I’ve done CT’s growth factor shoulder training in the past and tried many shoulder circuits.

I’m a big puzzled by the weights you mentioned, as I’ve done sets of 20 with 10 kg dumbbells in the past, and I’m currently using up to 12 kgs for the heavier part of the dropset (6 reps), although not with the strictest form. I can definitely feel my middle delts during laterals and I believe I have good mmc with that muscle group, although I can’t deny other muscles play a role when I do them heavier, especially once fatigue sets in towards the end of the dropset.

I can’t try the exact scheme you suggested as doing more than one working set per exercise is against the spirit of the program, but I will be upping reps on my only dropset.

I apologize for this, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t fully understand the meaning of that sentence. Either you phrased it wrong or I’m missing something (English isn’t my native language after all)

What’s your take on my problem with chest supported row? Would not being able to fully complete the reps (i.e. Not managing to fully retract the scapulae and maybe holding the position for a split second) considered acceptable? On exercises like this I feel like there’s a curve that goes from doing an easy rep with a weight that’s too light up to complete failure, and doing “half-ish” reps (more like 7/8 of the ROM) is somewhere in between. So how should I go about this?

It’s not always about the weight it’s how your doing the reps and how well your isolating the correct muscle. I obviously can muscle up much more weight to impress the bros but that doesn’t make my side delts grow. Those are genuinely the weights I use and I’m dying in pain after doing that.