Planning to Cut Body Fat with Test Prop

Trust me, you won’t lose your “hard earned gains” on a modest <500 cal/day deficit, as long as your natural test levels are fine OR you’re on TRT. My suggestion is cut naturally down to your ideal body fat, and save the cycle for when you’re in a calorie surplus and want to build muscle. Just my two cents.

but eventually u increase fat in the process of bulking, hmm. alright but i dont think i look that cut

You don’t have to necessarily. Slight surplus (100-200 calories) is more than enough for muscle growth during a bulk and you won’t get fat. The whole notion you have to slam 500-1000 extra calories to grow is wrong.

I think there are two reasons why that’s a prevalent recommendation.

1. If you’re cycling the goal is to maximize your gains in the short time period you have
  2. Eating a big surplus works

But what you’re saying about a small surplus is absolutely correct. It just isn’t worth it for those who cycle or for those who are looking to get a lot bigger a lot faster. I personally don’t like eating that much more when I’m trying to add size. But I have the luxury of time on my side.

Do you guys aim for progressive overload during caloric deficit or just focusing on doing maintaining weights with a couple of supersets, HIIT based workouts just to elevate the heart rate to maximise fat-burning mode and what I understand is fat loss mode is a risky state where strength is prone to injuries while hypertrophy based workouts are useless. what’s your take

I’ve gotta agree with Cguy here. You’re acting like you’re going to lose 10lbs of muscle on a slight caloric deficit. I highly doubt you’d lose 1lb of muscle in 16 weeks of cutting at a modest deficit and keeping protein intake sufficient. Save the hormonal risk shit for the hard part, adding slabs of muscle.

Fat burning mode is ~75% of the top end of your heart rate (for your age). I tried HIIT the first six weeks of my cut and I lost almost no weight. Why? Well because HIIT is great at burning the shit out of blood glycogen, which means at some point you have to replace it. The carb cravings were insane and I couldn’t stay in a deficit to save my life. LISS along with my usual routine (progressive weights, but not going for PRs or ego lifting) has been way more effective.

Or you could do neither. You abruptly ended you’re previous cycle of anavar and clenbuterol (combined in order to lose some fat) because you’re lipids were off, you weren’t aware oxandrolone skews lipids. You need to educate yourself regarding the risks, what these compounds actually do and how to manage side effects (and don’t acquire knowledge through reading posts from guys on bodybuilding forums… that helps, but you need to do both that and analyse the medical literature pertaining to this subject)

True, but on AAS one can even lose a bit of fat eating in a surplus… suicide cutting on AAS should be reserved for competitors, and even then only when there’s no other feasible way out

1 Like