T Nation

Planning the Next 8 Months

So I'm considering some options, and wanted to get opinions from you guys on what to run leading up to a powerlifting meet, probably in about 6-8 months. I'm blasting and cruising, so PCT will not factor in. Assume I know how to use ancillaries... I don't really want that to be the focus of the discussion.

So I want to throw out a few ideas, and get some feedback on compounds and amounts. Keep in mind, strength is the primary focus. Weight gain is acceptable as well. I can eat appropriately, and I can manage water weight as the meet approaches.

I want to run 2 blasts of 10-12 weeks, with a month in between of cruising on 250mg test only. I'm looking at running test/tren for sure in each blast. The first blast would be something along the lines of 500mg of each, along with running an oral for the first 4 and last 4 weeks of the blast. I haven't tried anadrol, so that's a strong option. I respond well to Dbol as well. Anavar is also something I'd like to try.

The third injectable compound I'm looking at would be EQ, run at a similar level (500ish). This is where I'd definitely like some opinions, as it seems that opinions on what EQ should be run at are all over the map. I'd like to run it in the first blast to see how I like it, and if I do, I would incorporate it into my second blast. I felt like 500 was a good starting point. Some people have suggested it needs to be run relatively high, but others have said that they get what they need out of less than this number. I'd say appetite would be one of the biggest benefits for me.

The only thing I've got really set in stone at this point is running halo the 4 weeks leading up to the meet. I ran it for my last meet, and it was incredible.

Anyway, any feedback is appreciated. I left a lot of this vague on purpose. You guys know me, so I don't expect 'do your research' questions/comments.

Also, we won't be talking about Deca. Because I'm not doing that.

i don’t have any real suggestions on your “blasts,” but was thinking it might be worthwhile to run some hGH or peptides in your “off” time, for injury prevention, keep your strength up, bodyfat down, etc…

just a thought…

fuck anadrol, and EQ’s a bit meh to be honest.

Have you ran tren before?

I don’t have any advice on how to run this but it looks like a great choice of compounds and i look forward to seeing how this goes for you.

Do you mind sharing your thoughts on deciding to blast and cruise? Is this to push for a meet then come off or are you thinking of B&C long term?

Cyco: I would love to run HGH, but it’s not in the budget. I have considered peptides, both while blasting and not, but they don’t seem to have nearly as much bang for the buck. I can be convinced otherwise though. Did you have any particular ones in mind? I sort of figured my cruise wouldn’t require anything since it’s so short, and the ‘TRT’ dose is relatively high. Maintaining strength for 4 weeks of cruising shouldn’t really be an issue.

Yogi: I’m aware of your opinion on anadrol :wink: It’s actually the main reason I haven’t run it already. But you’re just about the only person I’ve come across who reacted that poorly to it. EQ has been recommended to me by a zillion people. The main reason people seem to like it is the appetite increase, and/or the fact that they can run it at higher doses with little to no sides. And it’s not particularly pricey. I don’t THINK I ran tren… Sourcing may not have been reliable. I’m relatively convinced it was actually Deca, based on how long it took to start working, sides, etc. Just seemed more consistent with Deca than Tren. This next run will be sourced differently, so I should be able to tell.

pex: probably b/c long term. My goals are relatively lofty, and likely cannot be attained by running PCT’s. If I decide to come off within the next couple years, I would probably try some sort of restart, but otherwise I’m pretty ok with just TRT forever.

Rock it flip - I love your posts and look forward to following this thread.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Cyco: I would love to run HGH, but it’s not in the budget. I have considered peptides, both while blasting and not, but they don’t seem to have nearly as much bang for the buck. I can be convinced otherwise though. Did you have any particular ones in mind? I sort of figured my cruise wouldn’t require anything since it’s so short, and the ‘TRT’ dose is relatively high. Maintaining strength for 4 weeks of cruising shouldn’t really be an issue.

.[/quote]

honestly, i kinda quit paying attention to the peptides since MK677 became available… that might be worth looking into.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Yogi: I’m aware of your opinion on anadrol :wink: It’s actually the main reason I haven’t run it already. But you’re just about the only person I’ve come across who reacted that poorly to it. EQ has been recommended to me by a zillion people. The main reason people seem to like it is the appetite increase, and/or the fact that they can run it at higher doses with little to no sides. And it’s not particularly pricey. I don’t THINK I ran tren… Sourcing may not have been reliable. I’m relatively convinced it was actually Deca, based on how long it took to start working, sides, etc. Just seemed more consistent with Deca than Tren. This next run will be sourced differently, so I should be able to tell.
[/quote]

I’ve become predictable, beige, a broken record. How will I continue on? To be fair, I understand the appeal of drol, hence why I ran it in the first place. Just have some nolva on hand!

EQ was ok, I’m just not convinced that it did anything that a comparable dose of testosterone wouldn’t have accomplished. Need to frontload the absolute buggery out of it. I think if I ever run it again (which I probably won’t, I can’t see myself staying on longer than 6 weeks in future) I’d run like a gram of it just to see.

You know what you’re doing though man, I’m sure whatever you choose you’ll totally kill it.

I wish I had something to contribute here but, alas, I have none.

Hopefully, Reed will show up.

Good luck!

[quote]dt79 wrote:

Good luck![/quote]

I talk to Reed outside of TNation. I have his opinion. :slight_smile:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

Good luck![/quote]

I talk to Reed outside of TNation. I have his opinion. :)[/quote]

tell that motherfucker Yogi wants him to post more!

Hi Flipcollar,

Just wondering if you have put a plan together and if so when does it all kick off?

Tren and Dbol make for some pretty good strength gains. I too am interested in EQ and was considering throwing it into my next go around something like

1-12 Test E 600-750
1-12 EQ 600
1-12 Tren E 400 OR 8-12 Tren A 600
1-4 Dbol 50mgs
8-12 Var or winny

I’ve also been interested in NPP. although the strength may not be quite like Tren it an interesting compound I’de like to try. I know you said no to Deca for sure already. Have you considered NPP?

I started last Monday. Running Test E @ 550, Tren E @ 400, and Dbol @ 50/day.

I kinda considered NPP, not oppoosed to it, but I decided the above would be good for this run. Im gonna run it for 12 weeks, take a couple months off, then maybe run a bigger cycle after that, depending on how this goes. I’m considering running the Dbol throughout the cycle.

As a side note, I just missed a 600 lbs deadlift at the knees early last week, so I’m in a very good place as far as strength goes to be at the beginning of a cycle. Should put up some big number in the next 6 months. At the very least should be able to total elite in the 198 class.

Sounds good Flip. Let us know how it goes. I already miss the tren man, that shit made me feel like a beast. I would take a break on the Dbol in the middle of the cycle if it were me. But one thing I did notice, not sure if it was the tren or the Dbol but I got serious lower back pumps. They were crippling. Cut my squat and deadlift sessions pretty short. I tried taurine but it didn’t help much. I hope you don’t get that as bad as I did. Really fucked up my workouts some days. Anywho keep us posted!! Let us know when you hit 600!!

I use taurine for all my workouts, and I think it’s been pretty effective.

I’ve run Dbol before, and I respond very favorably to it. I’ve never had the back pump issues that people seem to get with it.

I probably won’t hit a max deadlift for a few weeks, but I’ll post when I get it done.

I’m going to try Taurine on my next cycle - i do suffer from back pumps just on 500mg test so i am hoping this will help.

Are you going to go ahead and cruise between cycles?

I look forward to seeing your progress.

I you’re going to run a 3rd injectable on your next blast I’d highly suggest npp somewhere around 450mg. Eq at 500 is kinda meh, but the biggest factor is for a 12 week blast with how long of an ester it is… not really worth it IMO.

I’m a huge fan of npp for fullness and growth. Total broscience but seems to bring my arms and chest up more than test or tren.

As far as orals I can’t say enough good things about anadrol. Overall is my favorite AAS because in terms of strength it’s the only thing close to tren for me and my body absolutely loves it, like I mean least sides of anything besides test.

Visualy/size wise anadrol blew me the fuck up, like looked liek someone took an airpump to my muscles, also felt it made me more vascular than tren.

I ran anadrol 6 weeks into a powerlifting meet, pulsed preworkout, so 4 doses weekly and the last week before the meet took it everyday.

Ran from 50-100mg

I you’re going to run a 3rd injectable on your next blast I’d highly suggest npp somewhere around 450mg. Eq at 500 is kinda meh, but the biggest factor is for a 12 week blast with how long of an ester it is… not really worth it IMO.

I’m a huge fan of npp for fullness and growth. Total broscience but seems to bring my arms and chest up more than test or tren.

As far as orals I can’t say enough good things about anadrol. Overall is my favorite AAS because in terms of strength it’s the only thing close to tren for me and my body absolutely loves it, like I mean least sides of anything besides test.

Visualy/size wise anadrol blew me the fuck up, like looked liek someone took an airpump to my muscles, also felt it made me more vascular than tren.

I ran anadrol 6 weeks into a powerlifting meet, pulsed preworkout, so 4 doses weekly and the last week before the meet took it everyday.

Ran from 50-100mg

Just saw you said you have halo already. lawd have fun OP.

Agree %100 that shit is nuts.