Planning My Routine

Hi, im 19, 5,11 ft tall and weight 154 lbs. Im relatively new in weightlifting, i have been going to a gym close to my house for about a year and a half.

I gain some weight but i want a change in my routine to gain 15 lbs. I’ve been reading the information on this site, especially the Chad Waterbury articles and i decided to planning a new routine and get started soon as posible. Tell what do you think about this, for a begginer like me and wiht the goal of putting some weight on.

Goal: Hypertrophy … and maybe some strenght
Level: Begginner
Frecuency: 3 days per week
Mondays: 6x4 with 6RM
Wednesdays: 6x6 with 8RM
Fridays: 6x8 with 10RM

Progression:
Weeakly increase load by 10 lbs in barbell exercises (Because the smallest plates in my gym are of 5 lbs (aprox)
Anyway, the volume (total repsxload) proggresion is always increasing week by week.

Excersises
Squat
Deadlift
Cable Pulldown
Incline Row (In a machine that supports your chest)
Bench Press
Shoulder Press

Sit ups with weight (Mondays)
Tricep extensions (Wednesdays)
Calf extensions (Wednesdays)
Bicep curls (Fridays)
Forearms curls (Fridays)

This goes for about 6 weeks, then i deload for a week… and then i will see.

Tell me your thoughts and EVERYTHING… i won’t get offended if you destroy my routine hehe, iam glad of reciving advices from experienced people.

In particular i wonder if:
Would be better rotate excersises
The sets/reps configuration has to change more often and more drastically
If increasing 10lbs of load weekly is too difficult

Well that’s all, thank you very much answering.
PD: Sorry if iam not clear enough, but english isn’t my native lenguage :slight_smile:

[quote]kurgan00 wrote:
Hi, im 19, 5,11 ft tall and weight 154 lbs. Im relatively new in weightlifting, i have been going to a gym close to my house for about a year and a half.

I gain some weight but i want a change in my routine to gain 15 lbs. I’ve been reading the information on this site, especially the Chad Waterbury articles and i decided to planning a new routine and get started soon as posible. Tell what do you think about this, for a begginer like me and wiht the goal of putting some weight on.

Goal: Hypertrophy … and maybe some strenght
[/quote]

Id drop the maybe and make that priority as well they come hand in hand more often then not

Not much variance there couple more reps and consistent higher volume each day. Id look at Chads stuff and usually youll have one day outside the box 12-25 even 20 rep. You say your not worried about strength yet your teetering near the So called strenght zone all the time and just touching the hypertrophy zone once with the 8 rep day

spend the 5 bucks and get some 2.5 lbers it will help even smalller plate and bring then with you

Your doing all this all three days ?? ive give Squat a day, DL a day, bench OH press etc each a day three big moves one push one pull one legs one core, maybe assitance if you still alive

[quote]
Sit ups with weight (Mondays)
Tricep extensions (Wednesdays)
Calf extensions (Wednesdays)
Bicep curls (Fridays)
Forearms curls (Fridays)

This goes for about 6 weeks, then i deload for a week… and then i will see.

Tell me your thoughts and EVERYTHING… i won’t get offended if you destroy my routine hehe, iam glad of reciving advices from experienced people.

In particular i wonder if:
Would be better rotate excersises
The sets/reps configuration has to change more often and more drastically
If increasing 10lbs of load weekly is too difficult

Well that’s all, thank you very much answering.
PD: Sorry if iam not clear enough, but english isn’t my native lenguage :)[/quote]

Hope that helps

Phill

Hey, thanks for the advice… maybe i should change that 6x6 in wednesdays for a 3x12. And, if i understand what you said, put the exercises something like:

Day1: Squat, Pulldown, Bench Press
Day2: Deadlift, Shoulder Press
Day3: Squat, pulldown, Bench press
Day4: Deadlift, Shoulder Press
etc…

[quote]kurgan00 wrote:
Hey, thanks for the advice… maybe i should change that 6x6 in wednesdays for a 3x12. And, if i understand what you said, put the exercises something like:

Day1: Squat, Pulldown, Bench Press
Day2: Deadlift, Shoulder Press
Day3: Squat, pulldown, Bench press
Day4: Deadlift, Shoulder Press
etc…
[/quote]
NO prob and yhea that looks better but id get some variety bro and mainly in your rowing. that 3x12 day would be a good day for unilateral leg work as well lunges or the like

something like this IMO:
Day1: Squat, Bent Over Row, Bench Press
Day2: Dead Lift, Shoulder Press, Pull up/pulldown
Day3: Lunges, Face pulls , Dips
etc…