Planning My First Cut Two Months in Advance

What is wrong with the current routine, it seems similar to serge’s pump training

At 5’10 and 178lbs and you belie e you have considerable fat on your body to lose leads me to believe you have very little if any real muscle mass which means you are going to be pitiful looking if you cut. If I was you I would just eat very clean and add hiit a few times a week to maybe take away some of your fluff but your in no state to be cutting.

[quote]Chopatoua wrote:
What is wrong with the current routine, it seems similar to serge’s pump training[/quote]

No, it’s not.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=5360878

[quote]Chopatoua wrote:
What is wrong with the current routine, it seems similar to serge’s pump training[/quote]

Uh, no. Not similar at all. Seriously, not to be a dick, but pretty much any well thought out routine is gonna work. 5x5, splits, whole body, whatever, it doesn’t actually matter that much as long as you are kicking it’s ass. I mean putting 100% effort into every rep in every set. No throw aways. No fucking around and talking shit for 5 minutes in between sets, unless those sets are really heavy. Even then it should be so tough that you are concentrating on the next set. Dedication and time.

For instance, my legs are fairly decent. Guys ask me what I did to get them. Nothing special, I did 10x10 squats with 225# every Monday and Friday for oh, 8 months. Nothing else. Nope, nothing. It got to the point where I could slam that shit out and then bench after. You must dedicate yourself to awesomeness and let nothing get in the way. Maybe you’re not being honest with yourself in terms of intensity and actual diet. 3500k of clean food is a tremendous amount of volume, unless your making your shakes with half and half or heavy cream. Or eating a pound of almonds a day.

Just some things to think about.

Ha Okay maybe not as similar as first thought. still it is high volume.

So where exactly am I going wrong with my current routine?

[quote]strangemeadow wrote:

[quote]Chopatoua wrote:

Uh, no. Not similar at all. Seriously, not to be a dick, but pretty much any well thought out routine is gonna work. 5x5, splits, whole body, whatever, it doesn’t actually matter that much as long as you are kicking it’s ass. I mean putting 100% effort into every rep in every set. No throw aways. No fucking around and talking shit for 5 minutes in between sets, unless those sets are really heavy. Even then it should be so tough that you are concentrating on the next set. Dedication and time.

3500k of clean food is a tremendous amount of volume, unless your making your shakes with half and half or heavy cream. Or eating a pound of almonds a day.

[/quote]

I have a mass gainer and whey shake during the day and usually have around 300 grams of chicken 200 grams of white rice, bit of fruit and veg and a couple hundred calories go to unhealthy food to make up t the end of the day.

My split usually ends up at around 40C/38p/22f

[quote]Chopatoua wrote:

[quote]Chopatoua wrote:

3500k of clean food is a tremendous amount of volume, unless your making your shakes with half and half or heavy cream. Or eating a pound of almonds a day.

[/quote]

I have a mass gainer and whey shake during the day and usually have around 300 grams of chicken 200 grams of white rice, bit of fruit and veg and a couple hundred calories go to unhealthy food to make up t the end of the day.

[/quote]
The chicken and rice add up to about 2000 cals. The other 1500 are from the gainer(often crap, but I don’t know your brand) whey, fuit,veg and junk?
How long lifting/age?

[quote]Chopatoua wrote:

[quote]Chopatoua wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
The chicken and rice add up to about 2000 cals. The other 1500 are from the gainer(often crap, but I don’t know your brand) whey, fuit,veg and junk?
How long lifting/age?
[/quote]

I am 19, I started exercising after getting to be a fat kunt after high school. I started doing cardio one day and basic weight routine the other about 2-3 years ago.

When I started I was such an out of shape pot smoker I couldn’t bench 6kg dumbbells. So while me maxing out at 70KG for a few reps may still be weak as fuck at a body weight of 75 it is a massive improvement nonetheless.

19? Shit, Dude, now is the time to get on it! Seriously, read the nutrition articles here on TNation, again, get SS by Rippetoe or 5/3/1 and get it together. Nate M. does a bunch of Paleo articles here, Dan John has some good insight on nutrition, Berardi, Jesus! All the info is here on this sight. Cut out the gainer shake, you don’t need it. Switch white to brown rice. Eat eggs and red meat. For the next 2 years do big compound movements first in your work out, then accessory work at the end. In 2 years you should be able to DL 8 plates, bench 4, OHP at least 2 and squat 6. Stop fucking around, now is the time. I am not kidding.

19? Shit, Dude, now is the time to get on it! Seriously, read the nutrition articles here on TNation, again, get SS by Rippetoe or 5/3/1 and get it together. Nate M. does a bunch of Paleo articles here, Dan John has some good insight on nutrition, Berardi, Jesus! All the info is here on this sight. Cut out the gainer shake, you don’t need it. Switch white to brown rice. Eat eggs and red meat. For the next 2 years do big compound movements first in your work out, then accessory work at the end. In 2 years you should be able to DL 8 plates, bench 4, OHP at least 2 and squat 6. Stop fucking around, now is the time. I am not kidding.[/quote]

lol 8 plate deadlift and 4 plate bench in 2 years

[quote]qeynos wrote:

19? Shit, Dude, now is the time to get on it! Seriously, read the nutrition articles here on TNation, again, get SS by Rippetoe or 5/3/1 and get it together. Nate M. does a bunch of Paleo articles here, Dan John has some good insight on nutrition, Berardi, Jesus! All the info is here on this sight. Cut out the gainer shake, you don’t need it. Switch white to brown rice. Eat eggs and red meat. For the next 2 years do big compound movements first in your work out, then accessory work at the end. In 2 years you should be able to DL 8 plates, bench 4, OHP at least 2 and squat 6. Stop fucking around, now is the time. I am not kidding.[/quote]

[/quote]
LOL? Dude, as a young man with a couple years of hard training if you can’t do this you should hang it up. I’d be embarrassed. 4x a week, 50 weeks a year X2 years= 400 lifting sessions. I’d say you’re not committed and don’t want it very badly.
Unless I misunderstand and he should be able to do more?

[quote]qeynos wrote:

[/quote]
LOL? Dude, as a young man with a couple years of hard training if you can’t do this you should hang it up. I’d be embarrassed. 4x a week, 50 weeks a year X2 years= 400 lifting sessions. I’d say you’re not committed and don’t want it very badly.
[/quote]
You not hear, this shit ends on 21st December 2012.

[quote]qeynos wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

when people say plate they mean on one side, fyi

but yeah after 2 years 300/400/500 would be decent numbers

[quote]qeynos wrote:

[quote]qeynos wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I’ve never heard any one say, “I bench 3 plates”, but what ever…
The numbers would be 225/315/405 fyi

[quote]qeynos wrote:

[quote]qeynos wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I’ve never heard any one say, “I bench 3 plates”, but what ever…
The numbers would be 225/315/405 fyi
[/quote]

really? youtube it

those #'s wouldn’t be that good for 2 years of lifting though

[quote]qeynos wrote:
yeah you should probably aim for a target weight of 150
[/quote]

[quote]qeynos wrote:
you should probably start cutting now
[/quote]

[quote]qeynos wrote:
[/quote]
qeynos: maybe you should stop giving advice?

OP: If you cut now you’ll be a rake. Throw some sprints in if you’re concerned about your BF%. You’re 19, any established program will work if you work hard enough and have your diet and rest sorted.

[quote]Just_Matt wrote:

[quote]qeynos wrote:
[/quote]

[quote]qeynos wrote:
[/quote]

[quote]qeynos wrote:
[/quote]

OP: If you cut now you’ll be a rake. Throw some sprints in if you’re concerned about your BF%. You’re 19, any established program will work if you work hard enough and have your diet and rest sorted.
[/quote]
Thank you.

[quote]Just_Matt wrote:

[quote]qeynos wrote:
[/quote]

[quote]qeynos wrote:
[/quote]

[quote]qeynos wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

why? he is obviously fat if he is 180 and has those lifting stats

8 plates = 765 lb deadlift

Would my routine be better if I dropped each exercise to three sets?

I tried going heavier today on the flat bench and these are my numbers

Incline bench press
10@50KG
10@50KG
10@50KG
10@50KG

Flat bench
6@60KG
4@60KG
10@50KG
10@50KG

CG bench press
10@40KG
10@40KG
10@40KG
6@40KG

Flies
12@14KG
12@14KG
10@14KG
10@14KG

Single arm dumbbell tricep extension
12@6KG
12@6KG
6@8KG
12@6KG

Compared to last monday

incline press
10@50KG
10@50KG
10@50KG
10@50KG

Flat bench
10@50KG
10@52.5KG
10@52.5KG
10@52KG

Flies
10@14KG
10@14KG
10@14KG
10@14KG

CG Bench press
10@35KG
7@40KG
10@35KG
10@32.5KG

Single arm tricep extension
10@6KG
7@8KG
10@6KG
8@6KG

Would it be a good idea to choose a weight I can do 4-6 times and keep at that weight till I can do 12 every set then up the weight to one I can only do 4-6 times?

[quote]Chopatoua wrote:

carbs peri workout [/quote]

Is this pre or post workout bud?
[/quote]
Peri, mean around. Before, during, after, as long as your kicking ass is not a big deal. You think your maint. is 2000? Unless your like 5’5" and 40 I think you’re gonna starve yourself.
How old are you, weight/height? Idea of bf? roughly and where you wanna be?[/quote]

Damn, I must be older and shorter than I thought! I’m at around 2000 cal/day right now, shedding 2-4lbs/week and even made a few PRs last week…def not starving. This is why you have to be careful with throwing out numbers. Different strokes for different folks.