T Nation

Planet F*ckness Hits West Coast ; (

Well I guess that it was only a matter of time before the Purple People Eater was showing itself out here on the Left Coast, DAMN.

I may suck (ok, I do) at lifting Reeally Heavy shit up and putting it back down…yet I am still compelled to take my 505 dead and dropping it just so I can get kicked out for the shit and giggle aspect
of it…

Where there not a couple of East Coast Killers that where going to dress up. meet up and then slam
some heavy iron down during the evening rush…

How do you fight back against the obvious stupid shit that these places keep perpetrating against
humans ? Or is the modern human destined to even Suck at Mediocrity forever more ? ??

Please do it. And take a video of it. Holymac dissapointed us all.

Their cousin has been here for a few years already in the form of Crunch Gym (http://www.crunch.com/)
Same “Judgement Free” philosophy. I haven’t seen anything about a lunk alarm or free pizza but from the pictures on their website and by walking by their location, but it looks pretty similar to PF.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
Please do it. And take a video of it. Holymac dissapointed us all.[/quote]

He never ended up doing it? I remember reading that years ago, what a shame.

I’ve been to several in NYC (lower Manhattan and The Bronx) to workout with friends and I definitely dint hold back on anything. I don’t grunt annoyingly or slam the weights even in my gym, but I have a feeling they eased up their bullshit rules as I remember my friend telling me a couple of years back they told him he couldn’t workout in a tank top with his arms entirely showing.

You better believe I worked out in a tank top all those times lol, no one said a word to me.

to jldume and others, it really is NOT about going into the place and being an Asshole. It is more the bullshit that they perputrate upon the unsuspecting consumer.

Yeah, there are times when I do get a bit aggrro, but then again who does not.

Moderation in anything is at best Mediocrity !

Look at the russian/louie simmons protocols, sure there are the above 85% days and the dynamic days <60% but they do balance out to about 75%. But if you where to just work out at 75% you would be mediocre at best.

This is my basic point in what the Purple Planet Eaters do …

[quote]jldume wrote:
I’ve been to several in NYC (lower Manhattan and The Bronx) to workout with friends and I definitely dint hold back on anything. I don’t grunt annoyingly or slam the weights even in my gym, but I have a feeling they eased up their bullshit rules as I remember my friend telling me a couple of years back they told him he couldn’t workout in a tank top with his arms entirely showing.

You better believe I worked out in a tank top all those times lol, no one said a word to me.[/quote]

Been to the one on West 225th Street in the Bronx. The pizza was delicious as I washed the grease off my hand with my wife beater…fully exposing my belly

[quote]jldume wrote:

You better believe I worked out in a tank top all those times lol, no one said a word to me.[/quote]

Please stay alpha.

No homo.

No kidding.

I’d be curious to go into one of these places then say its all about the “English shock and awe factor” so these yankee women might become wet in the knickers department.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
I’d be curious to go into one of these places then say its all about the “English shock and awe factor” so these yankee women might become wet in the knickers department.[/quote]

I think your target audience pefers “bloomers”.

[quote]jldume wrote:

I had a PF membership for 2 years. I never heard that bullshit lunk alarm and I never saw one person talked to about anything. The heavier lifters showed up late in the evenings, they had the place to themselves. Deffo not the worst place in the world.

Rob