T Nation

Plan to Increase OHP to 100kg?

Hi

Could you please provide some suggestions on how to create a program to reach this goal in 3 month time frame ?
My current OHP max is 87 kg at 83 BW.
Any of your help and suggestions would be much appreciated

I have found the layer system to be very effective at increasing the performance (strenght) in one lift especially for pressing movements. Maybe you have a look at the old
" limit strenght layers ".

Thanks for this Akidara

Any other ideas on this ?

I train 4 times a week using upper and lower split.

Yep for rapid OHP strength you could do one strength layer workout per week and one strength-skill OHP workout a week (8-12 sets of 2-3 reps at around 80% focusing on speed and technique)

Many thanks for this

Should what progression model i should use for the strenght-skill OHP workout ?
I mean should i add a weight or reps maybe
Once again thank you for your time and help

Strength-skill you don’t have to focus on progression as much. The goal is perfecting technique and being “in charge” of the weight.

One approach that I like is the fixed weight progression.

You use the SAME WEIGHT for 4-5 weeks but you do the reps differently

For example:

Week 1: 8 x 3 @ 80%, normal reps
Week 2: 8 x 3 @ 80%, slow eccentric (5 sec down)
Week 3: 8 x 3 @ 80%, two 3 sec pauses DURING THE ECCENTRIC
Week 4: 8 x 3 @ 80%, two 3 sec pauses DURING THE CONCENTRIC
Week 5: 8 x 3 @ 80%, slow eccentric and slow concentric (4 sec down and 4 sec up)

Then you can start over with 10lbs more

Hey CT,
In this set up what do you think of a pendulum wave ? What I mean by this is that you would increase the intensity and decrease the volume similar to the dynamic effort pendulum wave explained in Louie Simmons articles. What do you think in general of the “pendulum wave”? I have never heard you speaking about it.

I assume you mean with strength-skill in general, not the fixed weight progression model

The pendulum wave for strength-skill can work IF the loads remains in the strength-skill zone of 75-85% for submaximal reps.