T Nation

Plan Input Needed

It’d be great to get some input on whether my new plan needs some improvements.

Day 1

• Bulgarian Split Squat (DB)
  • Flat Bench Press (BB)
  • Barbell Rows
  • Rocking Calf Raises (BB)

each 5x5 @ 70% explosive lifts (all but the rocking calf raises of course)

Day 3

• Dips
  • Pull-ups
  • Hanging Leg-Raises
  • Arnonld Press

each 5x10 @ 65%

Day 5

• Sumo Deadlift
  • Incline Sit-ups
  • Single Staning Calf Raises

each 10x3 @ 80%

Goal: explosive functional strength + hypertrophy

I just finished ABBHI

THANKS!

[quote]2cond wrote:
It’d be great to get some input on whether my new plan needs some improvements.

Day 1

• Flat Bench Press (BB)
  • Barbell Rows
  • Rocking Calf Raises (BB)

each 5x5 @ 70% explosive lifts (all but the rocking calf raises of course)

Day 3

• Dips
  • Pull-ups
  • Hanging Leg-Raises
  • Arnonld Press

each 5x10 @ 65%

Day 5

• Sumo Deadlift
  • Incline Sit-ups
  • Single Staning Calf Raises

each 10x3 @ 80%

Goal: explosive functional strength + hypertrophy

I just finished ABBHI

THANKS![/quote]

few questions…i take it you are doing this one day on one day off, right? is that the order in which you are gonna do the exercises? just wondering, something i like to know when looking at someone’s routine…

anyways…to me it’s a really weird mixture of exercies, specially days 3 and 5, i’m sure you have your reasons to pick this exercises but to me even with the sumos there’s not enough heavy leg work for maximum hypertrophy…

on day 3, are the hanging leg raises true hanging or assited(with a belt or on a stand)?..if they are true than i don’t like them there, i would rather save my arms for shoulder pressing and maybe move the raises to day 5 after sumos since you’re not using your arms after that…and since i’m on that, day 5 seems kindda bare bones…i would add some other big movement, maybe something else for chest?

on a side note…not me or any of the big/strong guys i know ever worry about loading %'s…we just load up a bunch of weight and move it as many times as we can…moved it too many times?..add some more weight:)

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT

few questions…i take it you are doing this one day on one day off, right?

RIGHT.

is that the order in which you are gonna do the exercises?

THAT IS THE ORDER I INTENDED TO DO THE EXERCISES IN.

anyways…to me it’s a really weird mixture of exercies, specially days 3 and 5, i’m sure you have your reasons to pick this exercises but to me even with the sumos there’s not enough heavy leg work for maximum hypertrophy…

WHAT IF I ADDED REGULAR SQUATS TO DAY 3 (1st EXERCISE) @ 5x5. WOULD THAT BE SUFFICIENT? I DEFINITELY DON’T WANT TO NEGLECT THE LEGS. (AND THE IMPACT ON OVERALL HYPERTROPHY)

on day 3, are the hanging leg raises true hanging or assited(with a belt or on a stand)?

ON A STAND (DIP TOWER). I’LL MOVE THEM TO THE END OF DAY 3. (MAKING IT SQUATS, DIPS, PULL-UPS, ARNOLD PRESS, LEG RAISES)

day 5 seems kindda bare bones…i would add some other big movement, maybe something else for chest?

HOW ABOUT ADDING 10x3 INCLINE BENCH? TOO MUCH FOR THE SHOULDERS? ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

on a side note…not me or any of the big/strong guys i know ever worry about loading %'s…we just load up a bunch of weight and move it as many times as we can…moved it too many times?..add some more weight:)

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU TAKING YOUR TIME TO REVIEW MY PLAN!

those changes actually look really good from where i stand…and if you feel your shoulders are getting too much work you can always dump an exercise, i think it looks ok but i’m used to ALOT of volume…anyways, good luck with your training and take care:)

[quote]2cond wrote:
Day 1

• Flat Bench Press (BB)
  • Barbell Rows
  • xxxxxxxxx

each 5x5 @ 70% explosive lifts (all but the rocking calf raises of course)[/quote]

ugh … none of those are ideal explosive lifts … sure, they can work