Placing Supplement Order, Advice

Aminos on top of sufficient protein is redundant and unnecessary

I have. It’s kinda silly. But I really think it is splitting hairs as regards which is better.

Also, as an update, I had a right shit day yesterday, but aside from that, mon/tue/fri have been incredible workouts, with plenty of left over energy at the end. I’m usually too gassed to function after work/lifting most days. This week, even up to today, a deadlift/squat day, which I ramped up the weight on because I was full of piss and vinegar, I still feel great.

So regardless of what may or may not be affecting it, or placebo or not, I’m so far pleased with it.

(Granted I havent so much as taken a scoop of whey, as far as supplements go, in probably 2 years at this point, so it was bound to have some positive effects)

I wouldn’t doubt it, but they’re cheap as dirt, it cant hurt, and they add some flavor to my creatine, so why not.

Buy steak !

1 Like

That is excellent!

I’ve noticed over the years that if you’re dragging ass by thurs/Friday day, you need to up total (per day) cals.

But if you’re heading into the weekend feeling good/charged you’re in a good place.

While I appreciate the compliment I probably know just about jack when pitted against someone that actually studies this stuff. I just remember what is useful to guide my own process making me no better than a glorified regurgitator of what others have written.

With that caveat emptor: no statements by the author stands out as unreasonable.

It’s appreciable that the author is trying to make a point within a given context (a versus scenario), but it’d would have been a nice compliment to after the point had been made describing that there are three different simple sugars (glucose, fructose and galactose) and that by incorporating food sources that contain/break-down to these sugars is theoretically ideal as each have different transport mechanisms. This is true both pre- and post-workout.

I. e., 500 ml of chocolate milk with it’s added sugar (sucrose) will break down into fructose and glucose. Meanwhile, the milk sugar (lactose) breaks down into galactose. In lactose-free variants this process had already occurred and the lactose pre-digested by bacteria into galactose.

But then compare that to say, puffed rice (glucose), a banana/dates (fructose), and low-fat yoghurt (galactose) and you potentially have something better than chocolate milk. Not sure how the price comparison holds up at that point.

2 Likes