Placebo or Improved Immune System?

I don’t recall coming across it specifically in my reading thus far, but is there a relationship between TRT and improved immune function? I feel like since starting in April, I have been less prone to catching colds than before. Even when my wife passed one on to me, it just threatened to become a real thing and then went away before really developing.

Is this a thing for most guys? Hope so!

Now quadruple your dosage and become superman

Possibly just your body working more efficiently. I don’t see why it wouldn’t help. Being on T makes you healthier and more resilient. I will tell you this, if you TANK your estrogen, expect to get sick.

Bigger factors are:

• Vit-D - which has probably increased with summer sun exposure.
  • Thyroid hormones and iodine - eating more fish and seaweed?

I was also thinking along the lines of overall stronger and more resilient. It seems like it would make sense for that to be the case.

No increase in fish or seaweed. Still haven’t managed to convince myself to enjoy those foods, as readily available as they are here. Certainly more exposure to sun. Been outdoors a lot this summer so that should help as well. Hopefully it continues throughout the colder months.

I did enjoy the comment about quadruple dose resulting in being superman. Might have to give that a whirl!

There is iodized salt there?
Or find multi-vits with 150mcg iodine and 200mcg selenium.

In south Korea people have ample amounts of iodine from consumption of sea weed and sea food. If you do not eat like a Korean, you may be in trouble. Iodized salt would not be needed by general population, but you might be able to find it. Do take this seriously.

Wow. I never really worried about it before. Just took a look at the salt I have and it just says that it is 100% sea salt. I suppose I should perhaps look at a supplement since I don’t add salt to most of what I eat. Even if I did buy iodized salt it might not be enough right?

Additionally, in terms of thyroid, latest bloods:
TSH 0.93 (0.27~4.2)
FreeT4 1.06 (0.93-1.70)
FreeT3 3.8 (2.0-4.4)

Also, the T3 had gone up from 2.7 the previous test.

Those are the main ones for thyroid function correct? Looking ok?

My immune system is a lot stronger since I started TRT, in the past whenever I would leave my bedroom window open I’d catch a cold real quick, now it requires me to leave my windows open for at least a week before I get the first minor symptoms of a cough which can be quickly reversed before it breaks out I to a full blown cough. This is with slightly low body temps (98.2 afternoon) which I’m supplementing with iodine.