Place Your Bet: Which (Big) Bank to Get Nationalized First?

A. Bank of America
B. Citi
C. No Bank
D. Free Choice.

It seems likely at least one big bank is about to get eated, cleaned up and re-privatized by the Govt. It seems like their hinting at BOA or Citi? Place your bets and voice your opinion.

Citi. Without a doubt.

C. No bank

Big government won’t allow any more failures.

[quote]tedro wrote:
C. No bank

Big government won’t allow any more failures.[/quote]

not allowing could lead to A. and B. though.

[quote]100meters wrote:
tedro wrote:
C. No bank

not allowing could lead to A. and B. though.[/quote]

Is there a time limit to this bet?

[quote]tedro wrote:
100meters wrote:
tedro wrote:
C. No bank

not allowing could lead to A. and B. though.

Is there a time limit to this bet?[/quote]

Uh, well I hadn’t thought about time limits…

The thing is, if you were a gambling man, you might be inclined to buy some BOA or CITI stock. It’s a classic coin toss, since the market has priced nationalizing into the stock, no nationalization, and the stock shoots up. If the govt does step in…you lose everything.

Quite frankly we have a much better game going in the EU.

We wonder which country is going bankrupt first.

That would of course mean that our banks go belly up too, with the possible exception of the Ortsparkasse Poetzleinsdorf-West.

[quote]orion wrote:

That would of course mean that our banks go belly up too, with the possible exception of the Ortsparkasse Poetzleinsdorf-West.

[/quote]

I read that a lot of people took out home mortgages in Eastern Europe, and the mortgages were denominated in Swiss Francs. That was the only way that the banks would make the mortgages. So, of course, the value of the Swiss Franc has soared making it much harder for Poles, Estonians, and so on to pay their mortgages.

Who in their right mind lends like this, or borrows like this? What a formula for disaster!

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

Thought Iceland already won that?

Edit: Not a part of EU yet so scratch that.

Citi is going to bite big balls here soon.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Citi is going to bite big balls here soon. [/quote]

Good call!

Looks like CITI about to get eated, possibly multi govt. owned as well…

[quote]100meters wrote:
orion wrote:

[/quote]

Ireland without a doubt, followed closely by Portugal, Spain, Greece, most of Eastern Europe.

GREAT!

GET THE UK OUT OF THIS SHITHOLE !

Whats after happening now is, all these wannabe economies have been screwed, Ireland has 1/4 of her GDP wrapped up with her shite banks, her workforce is dwindling by the day to the tune of 500+ a DAY all the while saying NO to Lisbon.

What a country, we should take it back over and run it for them !

So now Ireland is about to default on her debts as they have no money, France and Germany will have to pump in MANY many billions into a shite economy to stop the euro going bust, all the while the East of Europe is about to go belly up WHY we left them in is beyond me.

Europe has been the biggest joke of the 21st Century. Biggest waste of time, sooner the UK gets out of this jokeshop the better.

Fucking Europe.

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

China, they are deep shit. They have closed over 70,000 factories.

[quote]300andabove wrote:
100meters wrote:
orion wrote:

Ireland without a doubt, followed closely by Portugal, Spain, Greece, most of Eastern Europe.

GREAT!

Whats after happening now is, all these wannabe economies have been screwed, Ireland has 1/4 of her GDP wrapped up with her shite banks, her workforce is dwindling by the day to the tune of 500+ a DAY all the while saying NO to Lisbon.

So now Ireland is about to default on her debts as they have no money, France and Germany will have to pump in MANY many billions into a shite economy to stop the euro going bust, all the while the East of Europe is about to go belly up WHY we left them in is beyond me.

Europe has been the biggest joke of the 21st Century. Biggest waste of time, sooner the UK gets out of this jokeshop the better.

Fucking Europe.
[/quote]

I am not sure the Irish would dig living under sharia law…I pretty sure they’d rather be broke.

[quote]pat wrote:
300andabove wrote:
100meters wrote:
orion wrote:

GREAT!

Fucking Europe.

I am not sure the Irish would dig living under sharia law…I pretty sure they’d rather be broke.[/quote]

Have you looked at Sharia tax law?

If this trend continues I´d give it a try.

4 women AND 2,5% taxes?

[quote]pat wrote:

China, they are deep shit. They have closed over 70,000 factories.[/quote]

Are not China bankrolling most of the Western World at this stage especially USA ??

If they go belly up BYE BYE any loans ye need

Eastern Europe about to go bankrupt.

Hurrah, predict English will vote to get the f*ck of that disaster thats called the EU within 5 years.

Watch this space ^^

Isn’t there a law that prohibits public speculation on bank failures? We could all be arrested on this thread.

Stupid Congress.

For the inquisitive, here’s how AIG screwed the pooch: