PL/Strength Gym South East UK?

Ive recently moved to Godalming just outside of guildford. This town has a real case of upper/middle class organic eatting/ soy sucking lovely world gymitis. I refuse to join the local fitness first, their free weights area consists of a single smith machine and two benches and a few dumbbells.

If anyone in the region knows of any decent gyms in the region that are more fitting for powerlifting/oly lifting, because at the moment im drawing a blank.

Hey mate, when im not a uni I live in Petersfield which is about half an hour away from you. Id imagine the best bet would be somewhere in Guildford. Ive heard of a ‘hardcore’ gym in Bordon called KINGS, im meant to be checking out in the next month sometime. Other than that your guess is as good as mine!

Cheers ill have to take a look.

get onto powerliftinguk.com and ask there, you’ll definately get sorted by one of those lads.

thanks Hanley they had a useful thread, UK gyms that cater to powerlifters. There are few within reasonable driving distance.

[quote]Wayland wrote:
thanks Hanley they had a useful thread, UK gyms that cater to powerlifters. There are few within reasonable driving distance.[/quote]

I was hoping you’d find that. Not all of the gym’s are listed their either, so it’s worth registering and posting a message too.