PL Program Advice?

Alrite, so I don’t know alot about powerlifting style training as far as designing a program does.

Anybody have some suggestions for good powerlifting routines? I’m working away on 5x5 right now, but in a few weeks a may consider going with PL routine, or I may stick to 5x5 we’ll see.

Thoughts?

One word, Westside

I thought that might be the answer ;}
Thanks.

If you don’t like westside, try sheiko.

Sheiko http://www.elitefts.com/sheiko/default.asp
Westside http://www.elitefts.com/documents/9week-training-program.htm

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
If you don’t like westside, try sheiko.

[/quote]

If you don’t like Sheiko, try progressive overload.

The Ed Coan deadlift cycle’s a good place to start there.

There’s any number of progressive overload bench and squat cycles out there too.

If you don’t like progressive overload, try dual factor theory! Geez I wonder what the next guy will suggest :slight_smile:

If you don’t like dual factor theory, try table tennis. :wink:

Lol, I’m already working on dual factor theory.

[quote]Matt McG wrote:
If you don’t like dual factor theory, try table tennis. ;-)[/quote]

Haha!

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Lol, I’m already working on dual factor theory.[/quote]

Bah I thought you meant you were doing madcow’s bill starr thing. You can always re-arrange your cycle differently, like another set/rep scheme or variations on core lifts or something. There are many applications to this theory anyway!

Power Factor & Static Contraction Training!!!

because actually moving weight is waaay overrated.

I almost bought into that crap when I was starting out, thank god I found this site.

[quote]evansmi wrote:
Power Factor & Static Contraction Training!!!

because actually moving weight is waaay overrated.

I almost bought into that crap when I was starting out, thank god I found this site.[/quote]

I think I saw some of that Pete Sisco crap on askmen when I first started, but they piled the BS on so thick even I didn’t buy it.

Wait dammit, I am doing madcow…doesn’t he talk about dual factor, fuck me I need to go back and read that I guess…

Forget what I said lol.

Alright, so assuming I haven’t trained PL before and I want to start Sheiko…

I would first do Sheiko #29 for 4 weeks, then move on to Sheiko # 37 for the next 4 weeks?

[quote]GetSwole wrote:

I would first do Sheiko #29 for 4 weeks, then move on to Sheiko # 37 for the next 4 weeks?[/quote]

I think that is right, but I recommend taking a look at Eric Talmant’s log over at elitefts.com…he has a lot information about sheiko in there including links and recommendations and stuff. It’s not just his training log per say.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:

I would first do Sheiko #29 for 4 weeks, then move on to Sheiko # 37 for the next 4 weeks?[/quote]

You could do #29 and if you want to test your max do the first week of #32 then a week off and start #30.