T Nation

PL Gyms In NKY

Does anyone know of any PL gyms in NKY? Id love to find a private gym to work out at over the summer when i'm home for school, or a dedicated crew that lifts at a commercial gym if at all possible. I've lifted at the local FitWorks for the past few summers, and I'd love to find a place with a reverse hyper, glute ham, ect.

The only gym that would really come close to what you are probably looking for is Dixie Fitness (I think that's the name). It's in Highland Heights on Alexandria pike.

Any other options out there? I'll check into that gym, but I was hoping for a private gym somewhere. Probably wishfull thinking in that area...

I have looked around a little bit, but I have never found anything. Private gyms are obviously harder to find, so...happy hunting.

Are you from that area? If so, where do you train at?

I've lived all over Northern Kentucky. Right now, I live in Florence and train at the local Fitworks. It's not the best, but it's close and does the job.

I've lived all over Northern Kentucky. Right now, I live in Florence and train at the local Fitworks. It's not the best, but it's close and does the job.

Yep, that Fitworks is about 5 minutes from my house. In fact, ive probaby seen you up there if you were lifting around Christmas. What kind of routine are you doing? I'd love to have someone to lift with this summer if your on a Westside routine as well, since its hard as hell to do max effort without a spotter.

I do a full-body split. Basically lower body in the morning/Upper body in the afternoon. This is usually M-W-F. I have been seriously thinking about getting a power cage/bench, etc. for a home gym. Because of this, I'm not really sure about continuing my membership (which actually terminates in June). Time will tell, I guess.