T Nation

PL Gym in State College, PA?

Guys,

I will be in State College, PA for a week for work from 12/4 through 12/9. Naturally, a little work away from home cannot stop me from training. Does anyone know of any good PL-friendly gyms (chalk and chains are a bonus) in the area? Since I am not an alumni, I figured I can't get into PennState's gyms, but figured that kids from the area would know what's up.

I am staying in the Hilton Garden Inn on State College Ave. I have no idea what the work scheule would be like, but I am used to training in the mornings (6am - 7am), cause you never know when the man would want you to work late.

I searched for PA gyms on powerliftingwatch but there are so many, that I have no clue which ones are in the vicinity, so I figured it would be faster if I ask here.

Thanks!

http://www.victorysportsperformance.com/sports-performance/facility/

They're pretty friendly in there.

That's only 3 miles from my hotel looks good. Big thanks!

I checked their website nad the facility looks impressive. Also called them over the phone - I like the working hours -- 6 till 9:30 plus its not gonna be expensive for a week. Have you ever trained there? The girl on the phone wasn't sure when I asked her if they allow chalk and the use of chains and bands so I am curious --- don't wanna be in for a bad surprise when I go in there.

Thanks!

They sponsored our powerlifting meet in early November. I would invite you to train with the team, but our facility doesn't allow that. Victory has an awesome staff. They have a GHR, reverse hyper, racks, chains. Absolutely go there.

I work out there. It isn't a powerlifting gym, but it an awesome place. fThey have chains and bands that you can use. They have a few other things powerlifters might be interested in - boards for board presses, boxes for squats, etc. No one has ever tried to stop me from using chalk, but you will have to bring your own because they don't have any. They have a couple of power racks, several benches and lots of floor space for deadlifts.

It will definitely be the best gym for you in the State College area.

I work out there. It isn't a powerlifting gym, but it an awesome place. fThey have chains and bands that you can use. They have a few other things powerlifters might be interested in - boards for board presses, boxes for squats, etc. No one has ever tried to stop me from using chalk, but you will have to bring your own because they don't have any. They have a couple of power racks, several benches and lots of floor space for deadlifts.

It will definitely be the best gym for you in the State College area.

Thansk guys, I'm convinced! Can't wait to hit it up - only chance I ever have to fool around with GHR and Rev Hyper is when I'm o nthe road because my gym doesn't have either.

Yay for the chains and bands as well! I'm stoked.