Pizza Help Needed

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I’ve made the cauliflower and almond flour pizza crusts and they both taste downright bad compared to the real thing.

I don’t see what the big deal is in eating pizza once a week. [/quote]
I think people make it a big deal because they don’t know how to eat during the week in a consistent manner, or in a way that works for their body comp goals. For me (during the week) I have my 1/2 cup of oats in the morning, and large sweet potato post-workout, and don’t really feel the need to eat ‘crappy’ foods. And then on the weekend, a friend will want to order a pizza, and I say go ahead, and I’ll have some slices until I’m full. I won’t gorge, but my physique will be just fine if I ‘generally’ stick to eating in a way that benefits my physique.

<----is now very interested in what the “never eat pizza” crowd actually looks like.

Seems to be a lot of cauliflower pizza haters in here lol… All of which seem to have someone else’s picture as their avi. Hmmm…

EDIT: didn’t see prof X’s last post before posting this

I think if you’re fat and you know it, you should stick to the cauliflower. Pizza once a week or so is fine if you’re not a fatass and you’re carrying enough muscle to use it.

I’d say that if you have to ask, your diet probably can’t afford it :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t matter if you’re cutting or bulking, if you’re endo or ecto, if you have a 30% or 3% bf,
‘cauliflower’ and ‘pizza’ shouldn’t even be in the same sentence…

kbye

(cauliflower pizza is an abomination, btw)

FFS.
Let the kid have his pizza.

Kiddo, if you must eat this pizza, atleast go to a authentic italian restraunt and order a wood fire oven pizza. Order medium size and have a pint of beer or 2 glasses of red.

And cauliflower pizza should be banned. So should almond flour pancakes.

tweet tweet

[quote]MODOK wrote:
I draw the fucking line at a cauliflower crust.

One meal a week of any capacity isn’t going to make ANY difference in your physique metabolically. The only potential problem is if you are mature enough psychologically NOT to extend it into two, three more meals and/or the next day. My fat loss phases always have more junk food in them than my maintenance diets. I would have jumped head-first into a wood chipper a long ago without them.[/quote]

That’s impossible. You should be obese by now…because everyone who eats pizza is obese.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I’ve made the cauliflower and almond flour pizza crusts and they both taste downright bad compared to the real thing.

I don’t see what the big deal is in eating pizza once a week. [/quote]
I think people make it a big deal because they don’t know how to eat during the week in a consistent manner, or in a way that works for their body comp goals. For me (during the week) I have my 1/2 cup of oats in the morning, and large sweet potato post-workout, and don’t really feel the need to eat ‘crappy’ foods. And then on the weekend, a friend will want to order a pizza, and I say go ahead, and I’ll have some slices until I’m full. I won’t gorge, but my physique will be just fine if I ‘generally’ stick to eating in a way that benefits my physique.[/quote]

Almost exactly the same.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

The underlying sentiment in your post is that you prefer one thing over the other. If someone prefers cauliflower pizza everyday, then why suggest that he/she should like regular pizza periodically?
[/quote]

No, the underlying sentiment is that if someone can’t eat a single slice of anything referred to as “pizza” without eating ALL of it, then making fake tasty foods out of vegetables is a band aid and not a solution because they’re still eating without restraint and will sooner or later fall off the wagon and blow through a truckload of some sort of food that’s not made out of cauliflower, splenda, and ground almonds.

Go check out the “other side” of this site and see how many lean individuals there really are over there posting pictures of their science experiment foods and compare it to how many of them are caught up in a constant cycle of binging and weight loss while stuffing their face the whole time…the only variable that changes is the caloric density of the food they’re stuffing it with. If you can’t eat a slice of fucking pizza without having to eat the whole fucking pizza, then maybe you shouldn’t be eating ANY pizza until you’ve got the willpower to not eat the whole thing.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

(cauliflower pizza is an abomination, btw)[/quote]

[quote]MODOK wrote:

One meal a week of any capacity isn’t going to make ANY difference in your physique metabolically. The only potential problem is if you are mature enough psychologically NOT to extend it into two, three more meals and/or the next day.[/quote]

[quote]tolismann wrote:
Doesn’t matter if you’re cutting or bulking, if you’re endo or ecto, if you have a 30% or 3% bf,
‘cauliflower’ and ‘pizza’ shouldn’t even be in the same sentence…[/quote]

Bazinga, all of these.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

The underlying sentiment in your post is that you prefer one thing over the other. If someone prefers cauliflower pizza everyday, then why suggest that he/she should like regular pizza periodically?
[/quote]

No, the underlying sentiment is that if someone can’t eat a single slice of anything referred to as “pizza” without eating ALL of it, then making fake tasty foods out of vegetables is a band aid and not a solution because they’re still eating without restraint and will sooner or later fall off the wagon and blow through a truckload of some sort of food that’s not made out of cauliflower, splenda, and ground almonds.

Go check out the “other side” of this site and see how many lean individuals there really are over there posting pictures of their science experiment foods and compare it to how many of them are caught up in a constant cycle of binging and weight loss while stuffing their face the whole time…the only variable that changes is the caloric density of the food they’re stuffing it with. If you can’t eat a slice of fucking pizza without having to eat the whole fucking pizza, then maybe you shouldn’t be eating ANY pizza until you’ve got the willpower to not eat the whole thing.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

(cauliflower pizza is an abomination, btw)[/quote]

[quote]MODOK wrote:

One meal a week of any capacity isn’t going to make ANY difference in your physique metabolically. The only potential problem is if you are mature enough psychologically NOT to extend it into two, three more meals and/or the next day.[/quote]

[quote]tolismann wrote:
‘cauliflower’ and ‘pizza’ shouldn’t even be in the same sentence…[/quote]

Bazinga, all of these.[/quote]

This is pretty solid… I mean most everyone who eats something that tastes GOOD…well, they will want some more of it. That’s just the way it is. It’s definitely that way for me…of course if I eat a slice of really good pizza, I’d like to have 5 more slices of it. I don’t though. It’s simple…Make sure your diet is consistent atleast 80% of the week and then eat what you want on the other 15-20%…honestly.

LOL at this now being the advice when people spent at least 8 years here acting like me saying the exact same thing was making people obese.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Bazinga, all of these.[/quote]

LOL @ Bazinga hahah

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LOL at this now being the advice when people spent at least 8 years here acting like me saying the exact same thing was making people obese.[/quote]

LOL at you turning every thread into a “HAI GUIZ LOOK THEY USED TO ATTACK ME FOR THIS” and then wondering why threads you post in so often degenerate into people attacking you.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

LOL at you turning every thread into a “HAI GUIZ LOOK THEY USED TO ATTACK ME FOR THIS” and then wondering why threads you post in so often degenerate into people attacking you.[/quote]

Lol@Strong - I was just reading the zercher squat thread.

Good stuff. : )

[quote]theBird wrote:
FFS.

Kiddo, if you must eat this pizza, atleast go to a authentic italian restraunt and order a wood fire oven pizza. Order medium size and have a pint of beer or 2 glasses of red.

tweet tweet[/quote]

Are you kidding dude? There is only one type of pizza, New York style.

[quote]ethanwest wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:
FFS.

tweet tweet[/quote]

[/quote]

lolol…come on man…you live in Georgia. Every big metro area in the country has good pizza…in fact, I’m from Boston…goto Santarpios pizza in East Boston please. Thanks. NYC has good pizza…but no it’s not the ONLY pizza…no the yankees aren’t the ONLY team in baseball…no it’s not the ONLY city worth it. I think the NYC thing is getting a bit played out…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LOL at this now being the advice when people spent at least 8 years here acting like me saying the exact same thing was making people obese.[/quote]

You gave me the same advice when I was completely clueless on here 5 years ago. I made good gains whenever I was weight training and never really got “fat”. Unfortunately, I tend to do this in cycles…I train hard for 2 years…and burn out…stop…another year I do the same. Consistency is obviously key.

Point that I’m trying to make is…I agreed with you then and agree with you now…and agree with anyone else on this forum that basically follows an approx. 80%/20% rule when it comes to nutrition.

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]ethanwest wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:
FFS.

tweet tweet[/quote]

[/quote]

lolol…come on man…you live in Georgia. Every big metro area in the country has good pizza…in fact, I’m from Boston…goto Santarpios pizza in East Boston please. Thanks. NYC has good pizza…but no it’s not the ONLY pizza…no the yankees aren’t the ONLY team in baseball…no it’s not the ONLY city worth it. I think the NYC thing is getting a bit played out…[/quote]

Reminds me of that episode of the Office where Michael goes and gets some “authentic New York style pizza”…at Sbarro!

Turns out pizza was inevitable the next day cos it was my sisters birthday
! but I got up at 5:45 the next morning for the gym as I have been for the last two weeks and I’m definitely seeing more definition in my chest and arms. Starting to think maybe that I can’t be over 20% bf having looked at pics of people who are. Sure I’m more like 18 :smiley: