Pituitary Tumor & T Replacement

I am new to this site, and was hoping for some help from the community of others who are knowledgeable and experienced in Testosterone. I am a 36 year old male who three years ago was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor. The tumor was large, causes me to have high prolactin (hormone women produce while pregnant for breast milk) and low testosterone. Looking back at my life, I don’t know if I have ever had normal levels.

After my first week of T replacement I felt like an alien in a different body. I was also given Cabergoline to shrink the tumor and reduce prolactin levels. I could not stop thinking about sex, lost weight, and my facial bone structure changed.

I am wondering if anyone else did hormone replacement later on in life, and how they felt compared to high school or their younger days. I am struggling with the psychology of having this higher sex drive. I have problems forming relationships and am wondering if anyone has dealt with similar issues? Did it change anyone else’s behaviors and thoughts other than obvious higher sex drive? .

Thanks!

You are becoming virilized and that can be quite profound. Some effects will level off with time.

Sounds like you currently do not have a wife or GF.

Many who had normal development who had a decline in T levels and started TRT late in life can go through much of what you describe to greater or lessor degrees. It is normal.

Did the adinoma become large enough to affect your optic nerves? A reduction of with of peripheral vision.

TRT done right involves a lot more than just T. What is been done to preserver your fertility?

Please describe your TRT doses in mg’s in detail.
Do you have on TRT lab work to post - with lab ranges?

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.