Pitching a No Hitter On LSD...

On June 12, 1970 Dock Ellis pitched a no hitter in MLB under the influence of LSD, Dexamyl, an amphetamine, and benzedrine, another amphetamine.

Nobody will really know if its true or not, but I think this beats taking mushrooms in class…

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:383/the-dock-ellis-lsd-no-hitter-now-even-more-awesome

Pretty awesome if it’s true.

Oh, it’s true!

Someone just sent this to me, lol.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all. Someone who is not me one time played almost all of God of War 3 on hard difficulty on LSD, and that person said that it was extremely intense and overwhelming, but his skills were precise.

Not that I’m comparing a video game to a major league baseball game, but you know what I’m sayin.’

[quote]SSC wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised at all. Someone who is not me one time played almost all of God of War 3 on hard difficulty on LSD, and that person said that it was extremely intense and overwhelming, but his skills were precise.

Not that I’m comparing a video game to a major league baseball game, but you know what I’m sayin.'[/quote]

In college, I had inadvertently taken a ten strip.

It was about 3 games of mario cart in, that the entire world began to melt around me and I was lost in a sea of dream…

On a low dose I can see this guy pwning, but any moderate amount of good shit, and he isn’t pitching a god damn thing, lol.

Lol! I threw a no-hitter in a summer league when I was 18 under similar circumstances. I’d been at the beach all day and I’d eaten a shitload of shrooms and was completely plowed when it dawned on me that we had a game that night that had been rescheduled to that night instead of the night before. I wasn’t sure if I was going to start or not, but I was pretty sure I was so I drove back over the hill into the valley with six cups of coffee that I bought at the gas station. My friends were holding them all for me and I was driving at about 45 mph over Highway 17 back from Santa Cruz while I slammed them as fast as I could.

So I get to the game and of course I’m starting so I start warming up in the pen, after spending the entirety of the team stretching with my hands on my knees staring at the ground. In the bullpen I puked, which sent me into a whole other realm for about 30 minutes where I couldn’t stop giggling. My catcher asked what was wrong, but I just told him it was something funny that the coach had told me earlier.

By the time the game started I had calmed down, a little. But the first inning was a near-disaster. I struck out the first batter on a pitch about a foot off the plate, then walked a batter, wild-pitched him to second and third, then got out of the inning on a flyball to right when he was thrown out at the plate to end the inning. The next inning I walked the first three batters on a grand total of 12 pitches, then the next batter swung at the first fucking pitch I threw and tapped it back to me for a 1 2 3 double play, then I struck out the next batter on three pitches that weren’t close to the strike zone.

After that I settled down and cruised, but I still had at least one baserunner per inning. When it was all over the catcher came running out to me and I started backing up away from him. I had no clue what was going on until he said I just threw a no-hitter against the best team in the league. I was so fucked up I didn’t even know who I was pitching against and I certainly had no idea that I had a no-hitter. Our scoreboard was broken so I was partially convinced that I had given up a couple runs in there somewhere that I didn’t remember. In fact, I didn’t even know we had won until the catcher started running out at me. That’s when I told him how fucked up I was. He was blown away.

I have always insisted that a moderate dose will make you a better athlete. Last time I had a good one I shagged hail mary after hail mary in the snow. My friends arm wore out before my legs did.

It makes me very intense, very ‘up’, focused and gives you really good ‘feel’ or coordination in your limbs.

Fine motor like drawing goes to shit though I noticed.

[quote]Eli B wrote:
I have always insisted that a moderate dose will make you a better athlete. Last time I had a good one I shagged hail mary after hail mary in the snow. My friends arm wore out before my legs did.

It makes me very intense, very ‘up’, focused and gives you really good ‘feel’ or coordination in your limbs.

Fine motor like drawing goes to shit though I noticed.[/quote]

I agree with this, actually. I spent like 9 hours playing basketball one time and I was flawless from EVERYWHERE, 5 ft, 30 ft, trick shots, whatever. It was awesome. Although very disappointing the next day!

And very interesting story DB. Always funny to hear about things like that.

[quote]Eli B wrote:

http://www.cowboybooks.com.au/html/acidtrip1.html

Pretty interesting.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:

http://www.cowboybooks.com.au/html/acidtrip1.html

Pretty interesting. [/quote]

His shit got pretty interesting after 2 and a half hours.

Clearly we need some ASTERISKS around here!!!

Anyone have any ideas what might happen if you walk up all fucked up to the gym?

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Anyone have any ideas what might happen if you walk up all fucked up to the gym?[/quote]
Try it and let us know how it goes.

While we are on the topic, the general perception is that LSD permanently changes your brain chemistry.

Has anyone here experienced anything like that in themselves or others?

I am also not saying this is a negative.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Anyone have any ideas what might happen if you walk up all fucked up to the gym?[/quote]

you would either destroy weights or hurt yourself. Sports are fun, lifting is dangerous.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
While we are on the topic, the general perception is that LSD permanently changes your brain chemistry.

Has anyone here experienced anything like that in themselves or others?

I am also not saying this is a negative.[/quote]

I am about to write you an essay.

Part 1.

Flashbacks are, I think, a complete fabrication. Most noticeable thing I have noticed is depression, dullness or fuzziness the next day. My guess is serotonin depletion because the day of the trip is near complete euphoria (if you get some good pure stuff)

As far as lasting negative effects nothing.

I have a friend who took a course in college, something like recreational drugs and neurobiology or something. He told me the way they covered it its basically safe.

ON THE OTHER HAND.
People with mental illnesses like bipolar, personality disorders and the like should stay the fuck away. These are the people prone to bad trips who experience abject terror and give the drug a bad name.

In my case Im plenty fucked up in generic ways. Probably some depression, maybe some ADD. Loads of anxiety problems and whenever I take LSD I think, “I need a prescription for this stuff” I become completely free of anxiety. At the same time, I don’t think its really habit forming. If you dont have a healthy respect for the stuff after taking it, you were probably an idiot to begin with.

Its also pretty hard to obtain so the risk of overuse is probably negligible.

/Part 1.

Get ready for part 2 I think.

Part 2.
I was going to try and explain how it feels. Impossible.

This is the best I can do:

I draw. Pretty well. ID is probably better but hes older too. A lot of people hate drawing. This is because they suck at it. Adults have been conditioned to be virtually unable to access their right brains by our structured society. Right brain governs visual perception (basically) and left brain governs language (basically)

So adults try and draw a person, they have limited access to right brain, so they use wrong (left) brain to analyze what they see. Instead of drawing THAT head they draw a metaphor or symbol for the the head. They draw a circle. In reality the head more closely resembles a cube but thats not the symbol we have developed. The nose becomes an upside down 7 etc etc symbols not reality.

When you take LSD your brain becomes flooded with serotonin. The reward system of the brain. Actually thinking and perceiving becomes incredibly rewarding. Movement becomes rewarding. Most of the time there is way more information in the world than we want to deal with. So we convert it into manageable symbols and never really deal with stuff.

On LSD helps you strip that stuff away and see with fresh eyes.

You spoke of lasting side effects. I feel that I am now able to access a part of that state without the drug. I gained perspective that cant be taken away or unseen.

Tonight I drew for four hours. After about hour three I suddenly saw the world with depth. I understood spatial relationships. Trees burst with life like fireworks. I was euphoric. I had entered that same state without LSD. Its not as powerful but I dont know if I would be able to get there, or if I would be able to recognize or use what had been happening had I not greased that groove in my brain with a little LSD.

/

[quote]Eli B wrote:
Part 1.

Flashbacks are, I think, a complete fabrication. Most noticeable thing I have noticed is depression, dullness or fuzziness the next day. My guess is serotonin depletion because the day of the trip is near complete euphoria (if you get some good pure stuff)

As far as lasting negative effects nothing.

I have a friend who took a course in college, something like recreational drugs and neurobiology or something. He told me the way they covered it its basically safe.

ON THE OTHER HAND.
People with mental illnesses like bipolar, personality disorders and the like should stay the fuck away. These are the people prone to bad trips who experience abject terror and give the drug a bad name.

In my case Im plenty fucked up in generic ways. Probably some depression, maybe some ADD. Loads of anxiety problems and whenever I take LSD I think, “I need a prescription for this stuff” I become completely free of anxiety. At the same time, I don’t think its really habit forming. If you dont have a healthy respect for the stuff after taking it, you were probably an idiot to begin with.

Its also pretty hard to obtain so the risk of overuse is probably negligible.

/Part 1.

Get ready for part 2 I think.[/quote]

Thank you. I was aware of the fact that most drugs get vilified in the media and in general perception…but this one fascinated ,e because of how in depth the military has tested these drugs on people for both examination of direct drug effects and its use for paranormal research.

I think there is a lot here that most don’t know about…and vilifying the drug ensures that the truth stays even more hidden.