T Nation

Pissing Contests - Rules

It really pisses me off that so many people need to engage in pissing contests, in the discussions following the articles. Some people will say “you don’t have to read these posts” but the authors reply to the better posts. Should the rest of us have to go through 100 junk posts to look for a few quality posts?

It’s usually a response to 1 stupid post. Can’t you just ignore it? I really don’t care if your argument has some famous quotes. I don’t give a shit if your argument is logical. And I just don’t give a flying fuck even if you were right. I just am not there to observe some pissing contests.

Ok, I really don’t expect this to stop. But will you at least have the courtesy of holding them privately? If you decide to engage in a pissing contest with somebody, you can challenge him by messaging him and opening a thread.

You can even notify the rest of us that you have started a pissing contest in response to some post and leave the link to the thread. That’s just 1 post, I can deal with that. If any of us gives a shit, we’ll go to the thread to watch the pissing contest. Maybe the interested observants can declare the winner for you guys too.

Just don’t feel the need to stink up the whole place please.

Seems like you are trying to start one.

I don’t like them either but I do enjoy a good debate. Either way it is the nature of the internet. Unless the mods decide to pull the plug on one it will happen.

I think the best way to stop it is ask people to start a new thread for their pissing contest as it is happening.

Are you going for distance or quantity?

Don’t forget Quality.

Nothing worse than a low quality pissing contest. Flagrant abuse of the “I said so” clause warrants a red flag and benching.

[quote]beeeeef wrote:
It really pisses me off that so many people need to engage in pissing contests, in the discussions following the articles. Some people will say “you don’t have to read these posts” but the authors reply to the better posts. Should the rest of us have to go through 100 junk posts to look for a few quality posts?

It’s usually a response to 1 stupid post. Can’t you just ignore it? I really don’t care if your argument has some famous quotes. I don’t give a shit if your argument is logical. And I just don’t give a flying fuck even if you were right. I just am not there to observe some pissing contests.

Ok, I really don’t expect this to stop. But will you at least have the courtesy of holding them privately? If you decide to engage in a pissing contest with somebody, you can challenge him by messaging him and opening a thread.

You can even notify the rest of us that you have started a pissing contest in response to some post and leave the link to the thread. That’s just 1 post, I can deal with that. If any of us gives a shit, we’ll go to the thread to watch the pissing contest. Maybe the interested observants can declare the winner for you guys too.

Just don’t feel the need to stink up the whole place please.[/quote]

Why do people like you have such a hard timer actually calling out the INDIVIDUALS who supposedly are causing you so much agony? If I had a problem with a poster, I would TELL THEM. I wouldn’t make some beat around the bush post about who I may be talking about.

[quote]beeeeef wrote:

Just don’t feel the need to stink up the whole place please.[/quote]

You’re a gutless wonder. Tell us all who is bothering you so much. Better yet shutup.

It’s me, isn’t it? Well, bring it on!