Pissing Away Money...Literally

When do you know when a supplement/multi is too much? I know when your urine is neon yellow you have an excess of whatever your taking in and your urinating it out but when do you know enough is enough?

I’m taking Nutrilite Double X which is supposed to be pretty damn good and my urine is slightly neonish, should i go to half the recommended dosage?

The fact that vitamins and minerals are eliminated in urine can be a controversial issue.

Skeptics are quick to point out how useless these products must be, but I do not necessarily agree.

However, it can make sense to split your dosages in order to keep blood levels of various nutrients at desired ranges for longer periods of time.

Finally, for example, B vitamins are well known for causing a neon effect.

So i’m not pissing away the multi, it’s just the vitamin B (Which Double X has quite a bit of in multiple forms) that is what’s making my urine neon, so i have nothing to worry about?

your body will absorb what it needs and piss or poo the rest. it works the same way with naturally derived nutrients in your diet.

you probably don’t need most supplements really, so you may indeed be overdoing it, but if you think you need the supp, just keep using it and your body will filter the excess after it takes what it needs as usual.

personally, i take half a vitamin on off days, and on training days i take half at lunch ( a few hours after lifting) and half at dinner to reduce the amount i’m putting in my body at once. this doesn’t include what i get from my food.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
your body will absorb what it needs and piss or poo the rest. it works the same way with naturally derived nutrients in your diet.

[/quote]

No it doesn’t.

At least not always.

I heard that some minerals can be dangerose in high consentrations, think iron might be one of them, but i’m no expert.

The metals are especially toxic in high concentrations. That’s why it’s a good idea to cycle off of mineral preps for a week or two every so often. Or only take them every other day.

DJ

Iron is the only thing men need to worry about getting too much of. It’s not nesessary to have iron in a multi-vitamin, we get enough from food.

Too much iron is a bad thing for men because an access of iron will cause it to oxidize in the body making free-radicals. Which in turn destroys our brain and muscles.

Woman on the other had have no problem with iron or other mineral buildups because they flush all un-nesessary minerals out of they’re blood when they menstrate once a month. Men don’t have that ability. heh

So just get a multi-vitamin that has no iron in it and you’re safe. Just look at mega-men vitamin from GNC. It’s time-released and doesn’t contain, you guessed it, iron. Thanks for reading and have a nice day. Phil

Yeah, stay the fuck away from Iron in multivitamins, ones with iron in them are meant for vegitarians.

You’ll end up pissing out most of the B vits like someone else said because people simply don’t absorb them for shit orally.

But taking a multivitamin is generally worth the money.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
[/quote]

That statement can be misleading, it is not true in many cases.

Too much can be a bad thing and the body can not handle it.

Even too much water can kill you, remember the “hold your wee for a wii” contest ?

We only piss out the water soluble vitamins. The fat soluble ones stay with us.

As I understand it,the psychedelic pee effect is primarily from thiamin, but it may well be from excess riboflavin as well, since it is present in endothil(stupid crap)which I took for a small while and that made my pee glow.

As somebody said, B vitamins are poorly absorbed orally, so multis often contain 30 times the daily recommendation of those vitamins. This also causes a little energy buzz and flushing if you’re unaccustomed to it.

I was curious about all the talk of iron and it’s dangers. I take a pack of BodyTech’s Beast Pack and one of the multivitamins contains 30 mg of iron, or as it says 167% of the daily value. Is there anything I can take to prevent any onset of liver toxicity of taking the Beast Pack? I take 50 mcg, or 71% of the daily value, of selenium and on the front it says Antioxidant Protection Against Free Radicals, which i’ve seen that too much iron can lead to. Could this help?

i’m sorry for my poor grammar, it seems that the more i try to correct it the more i get frustrated by it not changing in the thread.