Pissed Off At Slow Progress

I trained on a full body workout, namely Homegrown Muscle Program, for 6 months, however I switched to NROL by Cosgrove.

I lifted scrawny amounts on HGM, and it appears that I’m lifting normal to lesser weights. The title of this post derives from my frustration with my apparently slow progress.

Here are my stats:

70 lbs 1x3 Dumbbell Incline Press
185 lbs 1x6 Squat
260 lbs 1x5 DL (regular grip)

I’ve eaten well and enough(I’ve made posts on here about it) for 8 months, yet I’ve seen moderate gains.

Now, I am becoming more ardent about training 4x per week, however I’ve typically done 3x per week.

My stats are, 6’3" and 200 lbs. I gained 25 lbs during the 6 months for which I trained in HGM.

What should I do?

Well you just said you gained 25 pounds in 6 months. Was it mostly fat or something? Also, what were your lifts at when you began training?

[quote]Focus wrote:
Well you just said you gained 25 pounds in 6 months. Was it mostly fat or something? Also, what were your lifts at when you began training?[/quote]

The 25 lbs I had gained was mostly muscle. My lifts were very low when I began training, such as 95 lbs bench press.

[quote]SpadeK wrote:
Focus wrote:
Well you just said you gained 25 pounds in 6 months. Was it mostly fat or something? Also, what were your lifts at when you began training?

The 25 lbs I had gained was mostly muscle. My lifts were very low when I began training, such as 95 lbs bench press. [/quote]

OK so youve gained 25lbs of mostly muscle and your lifts are a lot higher. Youve been doing this a WHOLE 6 months. wheres the problem?? Keep gaining 200 @ 6’3" is not Large by any means, keep busting ass eating etc

Phill

You’re bitching about 25lbs in 6 months?

Seriously guy?

I would consider 25lbs a bitchin’ YEAR let alone 6 months.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

Seriously guy?

I would consider 25lbs a bitchin’ YEAR let alone 6 months. [/quote]

LOL that aint no shit

Phill

How old are you? Unless you are 16, you are making some great progress. Hell, you’re making fine progress even if you are 16.

I have to concur, if you put on 25lbs of muscle in 6 months I’d say you are right where you need to be. Keep up the good work. Remember this is a process that can take years to get to where you want to be. Be patient.

You’re lucky you have those stats. I reached plateaus when I was weaker than I am now, and I’m still weaker than you. I broke my frustrating plateaus by using rest-pause. Instead of resting 2 minutes for the next set, try 15 seconds and lift to failure, then rest another 15 seconds and lift to failure. That’s one set that worked wonders for me.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:

Seriously guy?

I would consider 25lbs a bitchin’ YEAR let alone 6 months.

LOL that aint no shit

Phill
[/quote]

To keep beating the drum…
25lbs in 6 months is nothing to be ashamed of. Sounds like you’re making progress. Just keep at it.