T Nation

Pirates & Emperors - School House Rock

Going to the heart of the difference between thuggery and government.

That rocks.

Don’t seem to remember that one from Saturday mornings.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
That rocks.

Don’t seem to remember that one from Saturday mornings.[/quote]

Nope, probably not. It is now part of my “propaganda” collection that I will use to educate my children.

Why, I’m fighting a war on ducks. Any ducks come around here, I’m gonna blast them!

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
That rocks.

Agreed, schoolhouse rock rocked. I still know the preamble because of that.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
That rocks.

Well that one wasn’t. That’s just commie propaganda. Kids like batter animation now a days.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
That’s just commie propaganda. [/quote]

Are you dumb?

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Agreed, schoolhouse rock rocked. I still know the preamble because of that.[/quote]

Schoolhouse Rock is probably the only reason a lot of people know what an adverb or a conjunction is, how a bill becomes law, and indeed, the words to the Preamble of the Constitution. Its demise ushered in a new era of American dumbing-down-ness.

But I don’t think this little cartoon can be considered “commie propaganda;” nothing in there that was promoting Communist ideology, rather it was criticizing the monopoly and abuse of state power.

If anything, it’s anarchist propaganda.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
tom63 wrote:
That’s just commie propaganda.

Are you dumb?[/quote]

No, but you are.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
tom63 wrote:
Agreed, schoolhouse rock rocked. I still know the preamble because of that.

Schoolhouse Rock is probably the only reason a lot of people know what an adverb or a conjunction is, how a bill becomes law, and indeed, the words to the Preamble of the Constitution. Its demise ushered in a new era of American dumbing-down-ness.

But I don’t think this little cartoon can be considered “commie propaganda;” nothing in there that was promoting Communist ideology, rather it was criticizing the monopoly and abuse of state power.

If anything, it’s anarchist propaganda.[/quote]

Exactly right, I need to be more exact in my terms. To me it all falls under commie propaganda, which also sounds funnier than anarchistic propaganda.