Pirate Cable?

[quote]JGerman wrote:

Do you think Prof. X is going to give him a root canal for bootlegging cable?

[/quote]

Easily the funniest thing I have read this week.

I hereby award you one internets.

V

[quote]zooropa1150 wrote:
Doesn’t this mean pretty much everyone who posts in the “steroids” forum is for lack of a better word, fucked? Gee, I disagree with trying to steal cable or what not, but come on. [/quote]

Well, no. How the fuck did you get to there?

Talking about steroids on a steroids forum is one thing.

Admitting that you regularly do steroid cycles while posting your picture and other location information on a public website is another.

Are you fucked? No. Is it smart? No.

Admitting that you may be guilty of a felony on a public website-- fucked? No. Smart? No.

Use your fucking brain.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Hey, Anyone ever hear about this? My father in law paid for a system that runs off the internet. He has to have a high speed internet connection, and then he paid a one time equipment and setup fee of I think $700. Through the internet he gets access to like 5 or 6 satellites and gets some absured number of chanels, like 3,000 or something. Anyone ever hear of something like this?

V[/quote]

Does he have a connection to the satellites? I know you can set things up by installing a receiver on your pc and configuring RSS feeds to automatically download encryption keys and then output your video from your pc to your tv and you have free satellite HDTV. Well for the cost of a dual LNB satellite and an interface card.

You can tell who has the set up by looking at the direction people’s dishes are pointing (here).

I don’t actually have such a set up but apparently the encryption algorithms are getting tougher so periodically people running this lose their feed while the guys who upload the keys scramble to figure it out. It’s easier to just pay for the damn service IMO. I know guys who do it though just for the fun of it.

The OP doesn’t have to worry about anyone on this website looking for him and trying to bust him for pirated cable.

BUT, the cable companies DO have technology that can find out people who do have cable illegally.

No, there is no way to prove you are the one that hooked it up. I moved into an apartment the same way. A guy from the company came by hasseling me, and I told him to get lost. Funny enough before he left he was actually offering to let me leave it on for like $10 a month. My family had illegal cable from the time I was in 8th grade until I was in my early 20s. It’s virtually impossible for the cable company to find and enforce it most of the time.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]zooropa1150 wrote:
Doesn’t this mean pretty much everyone who posts in the “steroids” forum is for lack of a better word, fucked? Gee, I disagree with trying to steal cable or what not, but come on. [/quote]

Well, no. How the fuck did you get to there?

Talking about steroids on a steroids forum is one thing.

Admitting that you regularly do steroid cycles while posting your picture and other location information on a public website is another.

Are you fucked? No. Is it smart? No.

Admitting that you may be guilty of a felony on a public website-- fucked? No. Smart? No.

Use your fucking brain.[/quote]

Wow. Someone’s fucking heated. Just trying to have a fucking conversation… do you actually think I’m interwebz attacking you or something? Your the one who brought up poster’s professions for some strange fucking reason making it sound like this guy was fucked. It doesn’t take a fucking genius to figure out what the OP is doing isn’t smart. No fucking brains are needed for such a simple non-issue.

I sent drugs through the USPS.

1 Like

[quote]BBriere wrote:
No, there is no way to prove you are the one that hooked it up. I moved into an apartment the same way. A guy from the company came by hasseling me, and I told him to get lost. Funny enough before he left he was actually offering to let me leave it on for like $10 a month. My family had illegal cable from the time I was in 8th grade until I was in my early 20s. It’s virtually impossible for the cable company to find and enforce it most of the time.[/quote]

They can still fine you, whether you hooked it up or not. Obviously, you aren’t paying a bill for it, so it’s stealing either way.

You can always get a sex change operation, change your name, and take a one way trip to Thailand or somewhere.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Hey, Anyone ever hear about this? My father in law paid for a system that runs off the internet. He has to have a high speed internet connection, and then he paid a one time equipment and setup fee of I think $700. Through the internet he gets access to like 5 or 6 satellites and gets some absured number of chanels, like 3,000 or something. Anyone ever hear of something like this?

V[/quote]

Does he have a connection to the satellites? I know you can set things up by installing a receiver on your pc and configuring RSS feeds to automatically download encryption keys and then output your video from your pc to your tv and you have free satellite HDTV. Well for the cost of a dual LNB satellite and an interface card.

You can tell who has the set up by looking at the direction people’s dishes are pointing (here).

I don’t actually have such a set up but apparently the encryption algorithms are getting tougher so periodically people running this lose their feed while the guys who upload the keys scramble to figure it out. It’s easier to just pay for the damn service IMO. I know guys who do it though just for the fun of it.
[/quote]
Sexy and smart.

Dang…you guys were right! I just got out of Gitmo. MCI does not play around.

1 Like

Good bump… nice work.

1 Like

Worth it to not give those cable fucks one dime though. I hate cable companies

2 Likes