Pirate Cable?

anyone have pirate cable? i had on the house i bought…and local co. just shut it down. will i get in trouble for this?

Yes! Possible Jail time

SO you’re telling us you stole a service/product from a private company which explicitly states they will prosecute those who steal from them? And you want to know what now?

Jail and fine…you are fucked!

I think it’s hilarious that you’ve posted that you’re possibly guilty of committing (intentionally or not) what’s probably a felony offense and you have a public profile and avatar with your picture all over the place.

Brilliant!

Jail and fine…you are fucked!

A buddy of mine had his dad turn on the cable for him at the house he was renting all that happened was the cable co turned it back off when they where out there for someone else.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I think it’s hilarious that you’ve posted that you’re possibly guilty of committing (intentionally or not) what’s probably a felony offense and you have a public profile and avatar with your picture all over the place.

Brilliant![/quote]

Yep, the DA in your county will sure as hell find your omission here.

Just wanted to say thank you for making my cost of living to go up every year. I love the fact that honest people like me have to pay for people such as yourself. Congrats on the high point of your life.

[quote]IAHawkeye wrote:
anyone have pirate cable? i had on the house i bought…and local co. just shut it down. will i get in trouble for this? [/quote]

I worked for a cable company until recently, and let me tell you that they do NOT fuck around anymore when it comes to getting free cable. They take this dead serious and I would suggest that you do, too.

[quote]JGerman wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Brilliant![/quote]

Yep, the DA in your county will sure as hell find your omission here. [/quote]

I think you mean ‘admission’?

And, seriously, one prominant member here is an oral surgeon, another is a federal lawyer, there are other engineers, professionals, doctors, lawyers and LEO’s on this site.

I know of one (elected) sheriff who is a competitive PL’er and lurks on this site. Additionally, you don’t think that a site called “Testosterone” might attract the interest of LEO’s whose job it is to track steroid use (not that I agree with those laws).

Point is you don’t know who reads/lurks these forums and the spectrum of who’s who is probably wider than you might think. The chances of some LEO (town, cnty, state, fed) who might have interest in such a thing isn’t so slim.

Why would anyone posting public information knowingly post information like that?

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]IAHawkeye wrote:
anyone have pirate cable? i had on the house i bought…and local co. just shut it down. will i get in trouble for this? [/quote]

I worked for a cable company until recently, and let me tell you that they do NOT fuck around anymore when it comes to getting free cable. They take this dead serious and I would suggest that you do, too.

[/quote]

Luuuuucyyyyyy, you gots some splainin’ to do!!

Hey, Anyone ever hear about this? My father in law paid for a system that runs off the internet. He has to have a high speed internet connection, and then he paid a one time equipment and setup fee of I think $700. Through the internet he gets access to like 5 or 6 satellites and gets some absured number of chanels, like 3,000 or something. Anyone ever hear of something like this?

V

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]IAHawkeye wrote:

[/quote]

Luuuuucyyyyyy, you gots some splainin’ to do!![/quote]

The department that I work for, was sold to one of their/our vendors. So, now I work for the vendor doing the same job.

That IS what you were ‘asking’, Polo?

They’ll probably contact you and try to reach a settlement first, before they go to court.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]IAHawkeye wrote:

[/quote]

The department that I work for, was sold to one of their/our vendors. So, now I work for the vendor doing the same job.

That IS what you were ‘asking’, Polo?[/quote]

lol … no that was more directed at the OP re:stolen cable … it really had nothing to do with your post besides you’ve worked first hand for a cable company thus having some knowledge (more so than just hear-say) on the subject

BUUUUT thanks for clearing that up Hungry … you da man!!

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]IAHawkeye wrote:

[/quote]

lol … no that was more directed at the OP re:stolen cable … it really had nothing to do with your post besides you’ve worked first hand for a cable company thus having some knowledge (more so than just hear-say) on the subject

BUUUUT thanks for clearing that up Hungry … you da man!![/quote]

Ohhhhhhh…gotcha.

Been here at work, since 1:30pm Tuesday, so i’m on auto pilot…

You guys didn’t get hit hard, huh?

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]IAHawkeye wrote:

[/quote]

BUUUUT thanks for clearing that up Hungry … you da man!![/quote]

Ohhhhhhh…gotcha.

Been here at work, since 1:30pm Tuesday, so i’m on auto pilot…

You guys didn’t get hit hard, huh?[/quote]

Not at all … we were supposed to get 12+ in my area, but we got maybe 6 … maybe

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]JGerman wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Brilliant![/quote]

And, seriously, one prominant member here is an oral surgeon, another is a federal lawyer, there are other engineers, professionals, doctors, lawyers and LEO’s on this site.

I know of one (elected) sheriff who is a competitive PL’er and lurks on this site. Additionally, you don’t think that a site called “Testosterone” might attract the interest of LEO’s whose job it is to track steroid use (not that I agree with those laws).

Point is you don’t know who reads/lurks these forums and the spectrum of who’s who is probably wider than you might think. The chances of some LEO (town, cnty, state, fed) who might have interest in such a thing isn’t so slim.

Why would anyone posting public information knowingly post information like that?[/quote]

Yes, admission is the correct word.

I don’t see why it matters what the professions of this site’s posters include. Even if it was cop in his city. I pray that he would not waste tax payers money seeking this guy. Do you think Prof. X is going to give him a root canal for bootlegging cable?

Sure you may have some officals lurking in the steroid threads but I don’t visualize any LEO taking interest in someone who inherited bootleg cable with a purchase of a house.

I’m a Program Director in coporate America. My girlfriend is a L2 mechanical engineer designing oil drill bits for the Gulf and the Rockies. Signifigant to this point?

It’s okay if we agree to disaggree.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]JGerman wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Brilliant![/quote]

Why would anyone posting public information knowingly post information like that?[/quote]

Doesn’t this mean pretty much everyone who posts in the “steroids” forum is for lack of a better word, fucked? Gee, I disagree with trying to steal cable or what not, but come on.