Pipes' Powerlifting Posts

you sick son of a bitch haha whatever motivates you!

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
you sick son of a bitch haha whatever motivates you![/quote]

YOU KNOW IT!!! im deffinitely going to be that guy sitting out in a highschool parking lot, 20 sumthin years older than all the girls with my denim cut off jacket on, playing foghat out of my T-top trans am

Todays Workout:
Bench press:
135x10
165x8
185x5
205x5
225x6 (New PR!)

DB bench press
60x8
65x8
75x10…oo baby im kicking ass!

Parallel Box squats:
135x8
225x6
275x5
295x5
315x5
Really solid, took all weight off my legs on the sit down and blew up. My back holding up really well on the heavier sets. Little to know bendage over very stoaked.

Today’s WO got cut short because they close everything earlier now because of finals, what a dick move by the college lol. HOPEFULLY monday Ill belt up and do some heavy singles on all powerlifts and get some vids of them.

CONGRATS on the PR man. I know it feels great to get PR’s. That’s a nice bench for your weight IMO. I’m hoping you take some videos, that would be cool. I’m hoping to at least get some pictures of some lifting with bench but especially squat. We’ll see!

[quote]alocubano1110 wrote:
CONGRATS on the PR man. I know it feels great to get PR’s. That’s a nice bench for your weight IMO. I’m hoping you take some videos, that would be cool. I’m hoping to at least get some pictures of some lifting with bench but especially squat. We’ll see![/quote]

thanks man, im hoping to get vids, they will be shitty if i get them. Gettin that shit is such a bitch in a public/college gym. And my phone dont take video thats why they are pics of the dead lol. I guess monday yeah will be a mock competition with myself

haha yea i got the same problem with the phone and vids, my piece of shit only takes pics, and super shitty pics at that…great to see your bench is going up so well and your shoulder seems to be holding up real nice!! im heading to the gym soon to do 30 minutes of cardio…13-15 incline, 3.5-4.0 speed…fuckin sucks but i sweat like a son of a bitch, burn a ton of calories, and its helpin me drop a few pounds…i do this about 3-4 times a week…i also jump rope for 5-10 minutes after or before my workouts each day…so that helps me burn some more calories and definiltey warms me up and gets the blood flowing before working out…take care, and good luck monday on your “Competition” haha

Hey man just popping in to wish you good luck, keep at it.

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
haha yea i got the same problem with the phone and vids, my piece of shit only takes pics, and super shitty pics at that…great to see your bench is going up so well and your shoulder seems to be holding up real nice!! im heading to the gym soon to do 30 minutes of cardio…13-15 incline, 3.5-4.0 speed…fuckin sucks but i sweat like a son of a bitch, burn a ton of calories, and its helpin me drop a few pounds…i do this about 3-4 times a week…i also jump rope for 5-10 minutes after or before my workouts each day…so that helps me burn some more calories and definiltey warms me up and gets the blood flowing before working out…take care, and good luck monday on your “Competition” haha [/quote]

sounds pretty good man, and with all that cardio your squat still stays consistently strong? very intriguing…i may have to begin running again… :stuck_out_tongue:

Absolutely, no loss in strength at all…if anytihng it may help me gain strength! it definiltey helps me recover i know that…but yea, no loss in strength! just helps me shed a few lbs thats all…i would love to get down to 177-180 at all times, i think id be pretty ripped haha but hey im a powerlifter not a bodybuilder!!

Hey guys whats goin on?? did everyone abandom this thread??? haha ill post my workout for today and check back later to see if anyone checked it out, if not ill take it that nobody is posting anymore!! i hope thats not the case!!
Anyway, i started singles today with the bench…

Bench
225 x 1
275 x 1
285 x 1
295 x 1
All real easy, blew em all up pretty good…i was really happy with that…i definitely could have done 300 or 305 but i didnt want to kill myself…i still have 3 more weeks of training, so i dont want to peak now!!

Incline DB Bench
75 x 10 for sets, real slow on the way down, and explosive on the way up…went real light…i want to start lowering the amount of accessory work since comp. is right around the corner!

BB Shoulder Press S.S Rear Delts
95 x 10 for 2 sets SPs
60 x 10 for 2 sets RDs

Cable Flyes
1 set of 50lbs for 20

That was it…tomorrow i start singles with Squats, and im putting the belt on tomorrow! hopefully get up to 375 or higher, and work my way up to 405 before the comp if not more…

IronWarrior

Nice workout. On the singles since you are close to competition do you go up to a certain percentage??? Also how do you think a good deload week for bench and squat would look like?! keep up the good work and i’m sure you’re gonna do great at the comp man!

HAHA MAN I COULDNT ABANDON THE UNOFFICIAL T-Nation PNEW JERSEY POWERLIFTING THREAD! I just was saving my self up for a sweet workout today! Today I ran singles cause Ill be moving home from college and all so it will be a while before I get into the gym, so I thought id kinda max today.
SQUAT: war-ups of course
315x1
345x1
365x1
375x1-baby did it hold me in the hole but i blew that baby out!

BENCH: warm-ups
215x1
235x1
255x1-pretty solid
265x0-stuck at the triceps :stuck_out_tongue:

DEAD: warm-ups
315x1
405x1
435x1
465x1-pretty solid, but really effin hard. THOUGHT about 500, but I figured IF i got it, it woulda been the shittiest looking lift EVER, so no rush.

TOTAL:1095 RAW-belt though
Im very VERY pleased with my numbers today, ESPECIALLY my bench. If i knew i was soo close to 1100 i woulda squoze 5lbs on the dead lol. Squat was crazy, I had people watching me in the gym like why does he go so low hes gonna hurt himself! After this total gain i HAVE to go compete ASAP! also, the strength and conditioning coach of the college tried to recruit me onto the football team :stuck_out_tongue:

IRON WARRIOR bench looking mighty strong! Im feeling some 3 cookies on the bar come that competitoin. Im excited to see your squat singles tomorrow, i belted up and did good, and like you said on the bench, dont blow your load tomorrow with that and mess up your regimine. Ill be back here to check up routinely

haha i know im pretty excited to hit the weights today so i gotta control myself…looks like you had a kick ass day in the gym!! thats awesome man, good to see!! all you need is some board work for tris and your bench will go up tremendously!! the carry over is insane from the boards…and ur dead and squat both look real strong and solid!! when u start up your next training routine defnitely start without the belt, i think it will really help in the end…sweeet football coach…yea ive gotten the same thing…i would love to play but fuck that…

my team sucks balls anyway, they are D-1 AA but they get their asses kicked every fuckin year so save me the embarassment of playin on that shit team…we have a pretty good olympic lifting team at my school, the guy always tries to recruit me…he saw me cleaning 275 x 10 and since than he doesnt stay off my case…but too bad for him im a powerlifter and thats it haha but ill keep it in mind maybe one day! anyway, keep up the great work man, im sure when you start working out at your gym at home ur numbers will shoot up even more!

[quote]alocubano1110 wrote:
Nice workout. On the singles since you are close to competition do you go up to a certain percentage??? Also how do you think a good deload week for bench and squat would look like?! keep up the good work and i’m sure you’re gonna do great at the comp man![/quote]

What i do is i work up to a 1RM on my last day of chest before the comp…so on my last bench day before the comp i use that as my opener at the meet…but as an estimate…i went about 90% or so yesterday…and each week from here ill go up about 3% or so…at this point its really just feeling it out…do a real heavy weight, and if u think u can do another 5 lbs than do it, but u dont wanna do to much cuz u dont wanna fail and possibly peak to early…these last few weeks can make or break your comp lift…

As for a de-load week…ive always done about 50-55% of my max on each lifts for 10-12 reps or so…keep everything real light ya know…nothing serious…another thing i like to do is stretch out a ton on a de-load week…no clue but i feel like it helps me… but im sure its just some random ass thing in my head haha but it helps!

D1 AA?? sweet…here we are a D3 and won our first game in 2 years this past season on the very last game, against a deaf team! (not ribbing on deafs though, seriously) Dude I deffinitely did not know you were a cleaning machine too! shit your just the jack of all lifting trades!

I think im gonna by a month to the gym by my house and just build my ass a garage gym. I already got a couple barbells, 300lbs of barbell weights and a bench. I think with my first paycheck this weekend and that $300 grant I could get a squat rack and build a cheap dead platform (seen a thread about how to build one recently)

haha i guess you could say im a jack of all lifting trades…i just like to do a bit of everything…i dont think doing one single type of lifting is correct, i think a bit of everything helps…but thats just me…for example if u notice in alot of my workouts its a mix of a powerlifting and bodybuilding routine, with the drop sets and supersets incorporate after doing heavy powerlifting movements…just something that has worked for me and continues to help me! anyway, here was my workout for today!

Squats
w/u sets…
275 x 1
315 x 1
350 x 1
375 x 1
380 x 1
I said i was going to put a belt on today but i didnt haha o well…380 felt super easy, i really blew it up…next week im shooting for 390-400…after that ill have my last week of training!!

BB Good Mornings
250 x 3 for sets

Glute Ham Raises
BW+25 x 10
S.S
Leg Extensions
80 x 15…120 x 12…150 x 5…180 x 5…
S.S
Glute Ham Raises
BW x 10…it was one big super set pretty much did GHRs to Leg Exts right back to GHRs

Standing Calf Raises S.S Donkey Calf Raises
150 x 10 on Standing
100 x 10 on Donkey…both for 2 sets

That was it…tomorrow ill just do cardio…the past week or 2 ive been cuttin down on my carb intake and overall calorie intake as well to help shed some pounds…its definitely been working especially with the increased cardio…im down to around 183-185ish which is great…no effect on my strength or stamina in the weight room either, been feeling great! anyway i got some studying to do for finals, fuckin sweet…ill be checkin back here probably every 10 minutes just to procrastinate = )

haha man you just said my day with that last paragraph…tomorrow is my last final then my ass is home!! Its good to see that your strength is consistent along with your reduced carb/cal intake…im not sure where i read this, IF i read this and aint just pullin stuff outta my butt here but it allegedly said you could drop to 10-12% BF and still have good strength gains…? Not sure, but your squat looks tasty. Running 2 singles of 375 then 380 WITHOUT a belt. mmm yummy.

At least your 380 wasnt that 10 second blowing your load to get out of the hole and get the rep like mine lol. Gonna be nice to get home for you then go straight into a comp. Nothing like getting used to the homelife by competing in a PL competition

haha yea man, procrastination is key in finals, and i have mastered it!!! but yea i cant wait to get home, workout in my gym for the next 2 weeks, than have my competition, definiltey pumped about that…haha and yea, no 10 seconds to get out of the whole, blew right out of it! so im feeling pretty good…

and i would beleive that 10-12% drop in BF with no strength loss…minimal if any…i think its all mental really…if someone believes that loosing fat will lose strength, than it will happen, if you believe you can lose fat and still gain strength, than you will do that…

this sport is a huge mental game, and as long as you allow ur mind to strengthen you, than your strength gains are limitless…fuck genetics and all the other bullshit people throw out there…if you wanna do something, than fuckin do it…thats my mindset anyway…

o yeah absolutely! giving me a speech pumping me up on a deload week man! shoulda saved this post for next week when i tear into weights again lol

haha i am so very sorry…let me know when your plan on hitting the weights and ill see if i can post some solid inspiration for you…