T Nation

Pipes' Powerlifting Posts

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
NICEEE! glad to see you still got in there after a long weekend man…I actually just walked in from my workout, bench and squat day. Today was strange. I decided to pop my “chain and bands” cherry at the gym today (cause you say they work good). I went asking for chains, and the lady in the school gym said they were each 25lbs. I was like ok…so i went 185 and was gonna do a cluster set. So i just start ripping out 10 straight!!

needless to say i freak out, but regain my compsure and look at the chains. I take them to the scale, weigh them, 10 POUNDS EACH!! i dunno whos dummer: me for not noticing that HUGE difference when hooking them up, or that girl. But heres WO as follows:

SQUAT" (warm-ups of course)
sets:
275x5
295x5
315x5
275x10 (these mighta been a lil too much beings no belt and goin so low)
Bench:(warm-ups of course)
CLose grips:
205x5
215x5
225x4 (got the ego goin, lookin for those damn plates on the close grips)
185x10-the total chain fiasco

That was pretty much it, i completely shot my load just blowing squats cause im soo impressed with how well im squatting without ANY gear whatsoever belt or nothing. Thanks ironwarrior, Im gonna have a record breaking squat someday, but since all my juicegoes into that ill have pitiful lifts everywhere else!! :P[/quote]

that really sucks you only have such light chains!! o well…its fun to do just for a change…and im happy to hear your doing well with no belt!!! trust me, when you dont use for a while, and you save it for when you trully need it, you will see a huge difference and it will really improve your lifts…its also good to see ur doing well with your bench considering your shoulder problem!!i repped out 225 for 17 on close grip last week after doing my close grip with a 3 board…i did 320 for 3 off a 3 board for 2 sets…anyway im gonna go shower, cant wait for legs!! talk to you guys tomorrow!

Hey everyone just stopping by since I’m on a quest to become a raw powerlifter… Before deciding to train to become stronger in the big three i focused a lot on bench which is why My best in bench is 275 and squat 275x5 and deadlift 335x5 no where near where they should be!

Just wanna say pipes you wanna trade some of my bench strength for your squat and dead strength? lol you are one strong dude man…

and IronWarrior and are one strong man! I just read the whole thread and i have to say you give some really good advice!

Cheetah I’m pretty sure you’ve had enough praise from everyone else! lol good job with your accomplishments

well just looking for some advice from people stronger then me! haha so yeah i have a log of my own ‘Alocubano’s Log’
LOL so feel free to stop by! ttyl!

[quote]cheeta wrote:
Hey boys, workouts are looking KILLER :smiley: Its awesome how motivated you two are :slight_smile:
IronWarrior I also always get excited for leg days, they are the best, and Pipes I just wish we had chains at my gym :frowning:
[/quote]

well if the shiping cost wouldnt be in the thousand dollar range I would think of sending them out there to you :slight_smile: and to our new thread follower, if i could trade some of that to you i wish i oculd, my bench is poopin on me lol. good luck lets see how this bad boy thread turns out!

[quote]alocubano1110 wrote:
Hey everyone just stopping by since I’m on a quest to become a raw powerlifter… Before deciding to train to become stronger in the big three i focused a lot on bench which is why My best in bench is 275 and squat 275x5 and deadlift 335x5 no where near where they should be!

Just wanna say pipes you wanna trade some of my bench strength for your squat and dead strength? lol you are one strong dude man…

and IronWarrior and are one strong man! I just read the whole thread and i have to say you give some really good advice!

Cheetah I’m pretty sure you’ve had enough praise from everyone else! lol good job with your accomplishments

well just looking for some advice from people stronger then me! haha so yeah i have a log of my own ‘Alocubano’s Log’
LOL so feel free to stop by! ttyl!

[/quote]

Heyyy its great to have another member to our thread!! thanks for the compliment! im always willing to give advice, unless i have no clue what someone is talkin about than ill just keep my mouth shut…but if i can help, ill put my 2 cents in…take care and good luck in your training

whats up guys, today i did legs and had a pretty great workout!! aside from the kid squatting next to me with 225 for a shitty half rep and than slapping his buddys hand in the air and screaming “Leightweight” like a fuckhead, it was a great time!! but he seeemed to quiet down after i had 350 on the bar = )

heres my workout for the day…

Squats…w/u sets!

275 x 5
315 x 3
350 x 3
350 x 3…again, no belt!! the weight felt real light today, it was nice…next week i think ill be shooting for 365, im looking forward to it!

BB Good Morning S.S GHRs

225 x 8 GMs…BodyWeight x 10 GHRs…
235 x 8 Gms…BW x 10 GHRs

I try to do both my GMs and GHRs real nice and slow, as if each one was almost a single…i explode on the way up for both GHRs and GMs but obvioulsy on the way down real slow and controlled…i wear a belt for the GMs

Leg Extensions
20 x 50…12 x 90…5 x 130…2 x 180…all drop sets, with a big solid contraction at top of each rep…burns like a bitch, but always fun!!

Standing Calf Raises
120 x 10 for 3 sets

Tomorrow i have off than Thursday is my Tricep/Boards day…probably gonna do 4 board this week…ill check back later!

ahha i just read your post about half rep heros on alocubano’s log then read your 225 fuckhead HA made me piss myself. Looking strong with 2 sets of triples at 350…are you going to flip into some singles or mock competitions anytime soon in preparation for the comp?

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
ahha i just read your post about half rep heros on alocubano’s log then read your 225 fuckhead HA made me piss myself. Looking strong with 2 sets of triples at 350…are you going to flip into some singles or mock competitions anytime soon in preparation for the comp?[/quote]

Yes…on my last week of training i work up to a 1 rep max, and i usually use that as my opening lift for the competition…since i know i can get it up in training (sounds kinda dirty??) than i know it should be super easy in a meet…and from there i can gauge how much more i should do on my next 2 attempts…after this week i believe i only have 2 more weeks left wow, cant believe how fast time has gone! well im headting to class now, than heading up to the gym to do some cardio, ill check in with you guys later today, take care

GREAT LIFTING DAY POWERLIFT WISE!!
Deadlift:(warm ups of course)
315x3
345x3
375x3
405x…wait for it…waiiittt…6!!!

Wow no belt it was amazing! I snapped them up…I didnt think people would believe this massive jump so i had my buddy snap some pics with my phone…got a couple showing no belt, and one showing weight cause camera phone blows! and their is no vid on it cause its gay.

Dead hang Pull-ups
BW 3x sets of 4…couldnt do more each set. shitty

Barbell Rows
3x8-155 not bad…cheated on the last set not good.

Shoulder barbell press
4x6-115…no real shoulder aches, happy about that.

Barbell curls-
4x8- 80lbs straight bar on that bicep rack thing.

Hammer curls:
2x8-30
2x8-40

full shot

ahhh pipes, nice lifts man!! thats great!! 405 x 6 is definitely some solid shit, good to see…ill be going for 420 x 3 this week on the deads…maybe more?? we’ll see how it goes…and ill definitely have to work on getting some pics up haha and deifnitely a video after my meet! so cheeta, your video request will hopefully be answered!

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
ahhh pipes, nice lifts man!! thats great!! 405 x 6 is definitely some solid shit, good to see…ill be going for 420 x 3 this week on the deads…maybe more?? we’ll see how it goes…and ill definitely have to work on getting some pics up haha and deifnitely a video after my meet! so cheeta, your video request will hopefully be answered![/quote]

haha sounds good man! I couldnt believe the huge jump i took neither! I told my buddy…ADAM!! get my phone take a pic of this! I dont want my reps to be flamed by t-men and cheeta :P…videos ironwarrior for your comp would be SWEEET!! and ill try to get a vid when i run singles in the next 2 weeks

Yea im actually going to begin doing singles next week…i have today and tomorrow, than exactly 3 more weeks of training…the 3rd week ill build up to my 1RM and use that as my opening weight at the comp…ill definitely try and get some videos, my girlfriend is coming to the competition with me along with my dad and bro…i know she is going to take pics but im sure she will take video if i ask! = ) so im sure we will have video soon!

Alright this will be SWWWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTT! haha

heyyy whats goin on guys?? Today i did my tricep work and had a kinda shitty day…last night i slept like absolute shit, and it definitely showed in my workout today…pretty much embarassed to be postin these numbers and what not but whatever, thats how it goes!!

3 Board Close Grip Bench
w/u sets…
275 x 5
315 x 5
330 x 3
stopped their cuz i felt like crap…

DB Floor Press
100 x 8 for 3 sets

Dips with 2 plates (90lbs)
3 x 10

Rope Pushdowns
80 x 15 for 1 set

So today was a bit of an off day…it happens i guess…but ill definitely be getting a great nights sleep tonight, tomorrow morning i got deadlifts…ill be in the gym around 715ish and ill post my workout sometime in the mid/late morning…if i dont get a good workout tomorrow i may become suicidal haha but i wont let that happen!! tomorrow the weights are my absolute enemy and are in for some punishment = )

they dont seem like that much of a bad day to me man, but then again we all cant be 181lb. state ass whoopin champions like you! HA…yeah good luck on your workout tomorrow im pullin for ya! If u come back on here before my squat bench workout tomorrow…you think high box squats would be a decent variation for my squats? or should i go heavy fronts? I back squatted only for a couple weeks and want to throw in a variation workout before I single

box squats are excellent for obviously shooting out of the hole for ur squat, but also great if you pull sumo style…it looks like you pull conventional but it will help transition…another good thing to do is on ur last set of squats, rep out 225 til failure…obviously switches shit up and is a totally different rep scheme, so ur body will definitely use it to make you stronger!! front squats are also an excellent movement for both squat and deadlift, especially deadlift in my opinion…your destroying your abs and tons of stabilizer muscles…soooo MAYBE if you want too, try this!

Do your box squats, go pretty heavy, wear a belt, than do 1 last set of Front Squats, no belt, til failure…but shooot for like 15-20 reps, maybe even 25 if ur feelin good! just something i would haha so maybe you can give it a try! ill be back later to post my workout!

Heyy guys, whats up…had a great workout this morning!! pipes your probably still sleeping like a normal person haha but i did give u my input about the Front/Box squats in the post above ^^^^^
anyway, here it is…

Sumo Deads…btw, i dont really do a real sumo, its kind of a sumo/conventional combined, but it definitely looks more sumo, its like a real close sumo?? if that makes sense? haha ill get pics up and you will see what i mean…

Deadlifts…
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 3
405 x 3
420 x 3
430 x 2…probably could have gotten 1 more but i already hit a PR with the 420 x 3 so i figured id stop at 2 with 430…NO BELT WITH ANY!!! = ) next week ill slap a belt on though

Rack Pulls
405 x 10
440 x 10

Reverse Hypers S.S Close Grip PullUps
120 x 10 for 2 sets on RHs
BodyWeight x 10 for 2 sets on CG PullUps

Hammer Rows S.S Fat Bar Curls
90 x 15 HRs
100 x 12 3-0-3 Tempo, real nice burn with that haha

So that was my workout! Definitely a great one, next week i start singles and ill be back at my gym at home as well…i finish finals at school next thursday, so im pumped to get back in a serious gym working out with a great goup of guys!

Looks like a good workout! when you described your deadlift stance it made me think of a crab LOL…i finish my finals on wednesday and cant wait to get back home and hit a gym with chalk!! haha…but today is gonna be a hard workout for me, i got really REALLY tanked last night and accidently pissed on my roomates 5000 DOLLAR trombone… :confused: good thing he had it in a case LOL

hahahahaha wow, thats a great story!!! and why dont you just buy some chalk and bring it to the gym with you!! thats what i do… www.prowriststraps.com great place to order equipment from…especially belts, wrist wraps/straps, excellent place, you should definitely check it out…i ordered all my equipment from their, wraps, straps, belt, and chalk, and i love alll their stuff…haha and yea my deadlift stance is like in between the two, its weird haha but it works!

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
hahahahaha wow, thats a great story!!! and why dont you just buy some chalk and bring it to the gym with you!! thats what i do… www.prowriststraps.com great place to order equipment from…especially belts, wrist wraps/straps, excellent place, you should definitely check it out…i ordered all my equipment from their, wraps, straps, belt, and chalk, and i love alll their stuff…haha and yea my deadlift stance is like in between the two, its weird haha but it works![/quote]

My college gym is gay, chalk is not allowed. I was thinking of buying that instant-dry spray shit on the titan website but i dunno how well that would work. Next week when i go home the gym i work out at same deal! BUT…cause i kept in such good ties with the football coaches at my old HS, they would let me in there to workout every so often so ill do my deadlift days there. (free chalk too! lol) Plus, nothing like pulling the little petifile by impressing them 16-17 year old highschool bunnies with a sick dead HAH