Pipes' Powerlifting Posts

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
Well i guess since i became a part of this thread ill post my workout for today as well…4/24…

Tricep Day

3 Board Close Grip Bench
Warm up sets
275 x 5
315 x 5
315 x 5
330 x 3

DB Floor Press
100 x 8 for 3 sets

Body Weight Dips S.S w/ Close Grip Explosive Pushups

dips 2 x 10, verryyy slow, concentrating on putting as much work on the tris as possible…than BW close grip pushups for 2 x 20…the explosive pushups were a killer!!

tomorrow is my deadlift day…maybe ill be back to post depending on feedback i get from my tri day! [/quote]

LOL!! well dont expect much feedback besides me here…Are you preparing for that competition you got coming up? Are you going to be using bands and chains for bench too along with your dead? Im excited to see how your dead day works out with how your routine in shaped

[quote]cheeta wrote:
I know nothing about nothing so ill just stick around and be the chearleader for you guys, this whole english thing is too foreign for me to understand :slight_smile: so ill just say good job keep it up ;)[/quote]

AWESOMMEEE!!! JERSEY BOYS GOT A CHEERLEADER…im gonna go hit the gym right now!!

cheeta…your awesome (just need those chuck taylors to be high top though :P)

Haha this has become a great thread i must say, we even have a cheerleader now!! thanks Cheeta!! = )

As for my bench, i may add chains next week, if i do ill let you know…this past week i did 260 x 3, pretty easy and strong, so im looking forward to next weeks bench at 270…i do deadlifts/back early this morning thats why im up at 630, im leaving for the gym soon…ill be back and post my workout!! and yes, im preparing for that competition at the end of May…i am 6 weeks out, and have 5 training weeks left!

WELLL!!! just got back from my deadlift/back workout this morning, and i had a great workout!!

Sumo Deadlifts…all Raw, NO BELT for any sets
Warm up Sets first…
315 x 5
365 x 3
385 x 3
405 x 3
I really blew up each and every rep, it was great!!

Rack Pulls
315 x 8
405 x 8
405 x 8
Went a bit lighter today on the rack pulls since i went a bit heavier on the Sumo Deads than i was supposed to be, but its all good

Reverse Hypers S.S Close Grip Pull Ups
100 x 10 for 2 sets on RH machine
BodyWeight x 10 for 2 sets on CG pull ups

Chest Supported Row S.S Fat Bar Curls
80 x 15 for rows and 100 x 12 on fat bar curls for only 1 set

Today was a great workout, i really felt good…last saturday i did a super small meet for a special event for kids, all i did was deadlift, i made it my workout pretty much and i pulled 500 on my 2nd attempt real easy and stopped there…i obvoiusly just did it for fun and didnt want to go overboard…500 will most likely be my opener for the meet at the end of May…Pipes i hope your workout today goes as well as mine!!

ahh man sweeeet workout…no belt? damn…how well are you keeping your form without a belt? And when do you actually begin to wear a belt in relation of % to your 1RM? Ha I love those little meets like that, nothing to really get nervous about so theres no jitters messing up your lifts. It would be nice to pull 500 sometime before the end of the summer, but I know i will :stuck_out_tongue: keep at it Ironwarrior and ill be back on around 7 to post my workout

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
ahh man sweeeet workout…no belt? damn…how well are you keeping your form without a belt? And when do you actually begin to wear a belt in relation of % to your 1RM? Ha I love those little meets like that, nothing to really get nervous about so theres no jitters messing up your lifts. It would be nice to pull 500 sometime before the end of the summer, but I know i will :stuck_out_tongue: keep at it Ironwarrior and ill be back on around 7 to post my workout[/quote]

Believe it or not, i keep my form just about perfect even without a belt…i try to not use a belt until im about 4 weeks out…so ill try to get in 1 or 2 more weeks without a belt than ill throw it on when i get to those real heavy weights…when i do put the belt up, it gives me a ton of support obviously and it makes me much stronger…also, training with it will get you extremely strong becuase your not relying on anything but yourself, so when u do put it on, well, its amazing haha so its worth holding off from wearing it if you can!! thats just one of those little things that i do that has definitely helped me…i also do it for squats as well, no belt until im a few weeks out and the weights really begin to add up…and you will definiltey hit 500 before the end of the summer!! im looking to get 600 by the end of summer on my dead and atlesat 500 on my squat by the end of summer Raw obviously…good luck in your training, hope to see your workout numbers later!

alright well how about this…we get our own little competition…the deadlift and squat race…Im hoping to do 4 plates/405 by the end of the summer along with my 500 dead…so i will pit that against your 500 squat and 600 dead…and we will need video confermation for full T-Nation bragging rights so we dont get flamed by the entire T-Nation community for our ungodly numbers haha…heading to the gym now

Ok, here is my workout, kINda off the beaten path (gym was DEAD ASS EMPTY) so some things got tampered with.
Squat: All Raw NO BELT…just for you ironwarrior lol

Warm-up:
135x6
185x6
225x3

Sets:
275x3
295x3
315x3
335x3-slow low…OO BABY IT WAS TASTY! I couldnt believe I rocked them out without a belt, damn i was wiggin out!

Bench(kinda)-No1 remotely able to spot :confused:
Close grips:
165x10
185x10
205x8-struggled, no spotter, not taking that chance.

Dips:
4x8: BW plus 35lb weight on chain around hips.

I would have done goodmornings and Hack, But i did hack on Wed (dont ask why) and My back was TIGHT after those squats so Ima take the weekend off and smash it on Monday.

[quote]cheeta wrote:
L.E.T.S.G.O

Lets go! Lets go!

good job boys :wink: :slight_smile: keep it up

oh and pipes i do believe my pink converse are high tops :)[/quote]

ooo…really??? hmm…my bad…well then your just plain out AWESOME!! and since your part of our bad ass PL triangle you can begin to post your workouts here too if you want lol…im sure ironwarrior wont mind

hahaha thanks for specifying all RAW no belt for me haha but i hope you felt the difference!!! thats how you gotta do it my man, hold out til you really really need it…if ur back is that tight without the belt, than ur lower back could probably use some strengthening!!!

haha maybe not but just a quick thought…and of course, CHEETA can definitely start posting!! after my next meet ill get some pics up and a video if possible…sounds like you had a great workout today! see, no belt makes things fun!!

hahaha yeah man!!! crazy,…!!! i hope my back aint THAT tight after every squat workout or else that would suck!!!HAHA…ima post vids and pics wen i can

well Cheeta what do you do?? powerlifting i hope?? do you have any goals and what not?? well im heading to the gym now to do some cardio…have a great weekend!

[quote]cheeta wrote:
well boys :slight_smile: Yes I am a powerlifter (well at least working on becoming one)

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=thelma+sæta+power&search_type=

Here is a link to my lifts that I have on youtube from my first competition. Still working on putting my newest one online from the Icelandic IPF nationals where I set a new Jr.Record in the squat :slight_smile: yay I currently hold all the icelandic junior records in my weight class.

Have been loging on the Powerfull Women Forum under: Thelma’s quest for Louise and Muscle if ya wanna get to know your cheerleader a little more :slight_smile:

Anyways today is an offday for me but tomorrow is upper back my greatest weakness! SO hope you two have a good day today :slight_smile: and I will fill ya in tomorrow ;)[/quote]

haha well i just watched one of your deadlifts and you just smoked it!! great job! keep it up! congratulations on all the records, i feel insignificant now = ( sorry i dont hold any records haha…ill definitely have to check out your log in the Powerful Women Forum…keep up the great work!

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
cheeta wrote:
well boys :slight_smile: Yes I am a powerlifter (well at least working on becoming one)

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=thelma+sæta+power&search_type=

Here is a link to my lifts that I have on youtube from my first competition. Still working on putting my newest one online from the Icelandic IPF nationals where I set a new Jr.Record in the squat :slight_smile: yay I currently hold all the icelandic junior records in my weight class.

Have been loging on the Powerfull Women Forum under: Thelma’s quest for Louise and Muscle if ya wanna get to know your cheerleader a little more :slight_smile:

Anyways today is an offday for me but tomorrow is upper back my greatest weakness! SO hope you two have a good day today :slight_smile: and I will fill ya in tomorrow :wink:

haha well i just watched one of your deadlifts and you just smoked it!! great job! keep it up! congratulations on all the records, i feel insignificant now = ( sorry i dont hold any records haha…ill definitely have to check out your log in the Powerful Women Forum…keep up the great work![/quote]

haha missy i knew you were a powerlifter…your just too AWESOME not to be :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :)…congratulations on all your records!! nice nice nice…and IronWarrior, looks liek this summer me and you gotta start moving some weight and get our own lil cash of records :wink: Im deff gonna roll over to your thread now cheeta

Just thought I’d say hi.

Silly question: you guys compete raw, or single ply?

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
Just thought I’d say hi.

Silly question: you guys compete raw, or single ply?[/quote]

Hey there. Im a raw competitor, but I will wrap my kness and wear a belt when allowed in that specific meet. Im beginning to get into the use of gear, beings as i have worn and owned gear before.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
Just thought I’d say hi.

Silly question: you guys compete raw, or single ply?[/quote]

RAW just a belt, no wraps for squat, just for bench! but i hope to get some gear maybe this summer, we will see!

yea Raw is definitely more hardcore and bad ass haha but wearing gear is pretty sweet as well…im looking forward to it…i got chest and shoulders later on today, so ill be back than to post my workout…i only have 4 more training weeks til my competition…im definitely getting pretty pumped/anxious about it…and im really happy this thread got started, it keeps me motivated in the gym knowing i have to post my numbers for others to see!! so thanks Pipes and Cheeta for the motivation and the great committment to this thread! = )

whats up guys, today i did chest/shoulders and had a decent workout…i went out saturday night and had a few drinks and wow im still feeling it…i NEVER drink, and i usually always get to bed before 12 or 1ish…well saturday night was definitely not the usual for me haha and it did effect my lifting a bit, but no more of that til after may 31st!! anyway here are the numbers…

Bench
Obviously did some warm up sets first…
250 x 5
275 x 3
275 x 3
did a drop set to 225 for 8 just for fun

Close Grip Bench
225 x 8
225 x 8
205 x 8 super slow

Incline Hammer Machine S.S Hammer Shoulder Press

90 x 10 for 2 sets for Incline
55 x 10 for 2 sets on Shoulder Press

Hammer Fly Machine S.S Hammer Rear Delt

80 x 15 for 1 set on Flyes
40 x 15 for 1 set on Rear Delt

i switched things up today and used some machines, i normally use DBs but the gym was packed at my school today for some reason…i thought the shitty weather would keep kids out of the gym but obviously i was wrong about that one…but all in all it was a good workout…saturday night definiltey took away some of that POP on the bench but i still felt pretty good…got legs tomorrow, im super excited for that!!! you wont find many people sayin that!! = )

NICEEE! glad to see you still got in there after a long weekend man…I actually just walked in from my workout, bench and squat day. Today was strange. I decided to pop my “chain and bands” cherry at the gym today (cause you say they work good). I went asking for chains, and the lady in the school gym said they were each 25lbs. I was like ok…so i went 185 and was gonna do a cluster set. So i just start ripping out 10 straight!!

needless to say i freak out, but regain my compsure and look at the chains. I take them to the scale, weigh them, 10 POUNDS EACH!! i dunno whos dummer: me for not noticing that HUGE difference when hooking them up, or that girl. But heres WO as follows:

SQUAT" (warm-ups of course)
sets:
275x5
295x5
315x5
275x10 (these mighta been a lil too much beings no belt and goin so low)
Bench:(warm-ups of course)
CLose grips:
205x5
215x5
225x4 (got the ego goin, lookin for those damn plates on the close grips)
185x10-the total chain fiasco

That was pretty much it, i completely shot my load just blowing squats cause im soo impressed with how well im squatting without ANY gear whatsoever belt or nothing. Thanks ironwarrior, Im gonna have a record breaking squat someday, but since all my juicegoes into that ill have pitiful lifts everywhere else!! :stuck_out_tongue: