Pins and Needles in Hands - CTS?

I am confused as to why anyone would even do a squat using a technique that seems to put your body in that awkward of a position.

Most of these guys are NOT high level athletes. Shit, most don’t even look like they work out so why the hell is there so much fascination with these “exotic” techniques and routines?

The majority of these fuckers need the basics only for a few years…yet we have 4th graders attempting astro-physics…and failing.

I followed riptoes advice for 2 weeks and it put 30 pounds on my squat and alleviated knee tenderness i had been having issues with doing regular squats.

there is no astrophysics here. I had issues with a traditional high bar squat which ive been trying to solve for 2 years now. I tried something that alleviated the issues I had, and it did what I wanted in those areas.

Unfortunately misuse and awkward hand positioning on my part led to this nerve/muscle fall out and so I came onto the board to get some feedback. This was helpfully given by some such as BBB. Others decided to crawl down my throat for daring to ask a question that could and has prevented me chronically screwing up my body.

but then again these people (or person) seems to spend most of his time moving from thread to thread picking holes and generally giving harsh and uneccessary judgements.

Look, the way I see it you didn’t put 30 pounds on your squat because with the bar in a different position, it’s a different movement.

If you have knee issues from regular squats and then ulnar nerve issues from 2 weeks of high bar squats, you’ve got to get yourself fixed up, and that should be your highest priority right now. You probably have restrictions in your hips and don’t recruit them, and you probably have poor extension in your thoracic spine.

If you try to get your numbers up with problems like that, trust me, you’ll regret it.

The first thing Professor X said in this thread – why would you do something that causes pain, especially something exotic that obviously requires an awkward position – was brilliant. Let’s be purely rational here: no matter how harsh the delivery, it’s the right message you need to hear. Take it to heart.

Gaining muscle or strength is at best a slow, long-term endeavor. NOT getting injured is one of the keys to continuing to make progress over a long period of time. Five years from now, if you can’t do anything and are hearing that you need a knee replacement, or spinal surgery, you won’t even remember how great it was to put 30 pounds on your squat.

ill quote myself from further up the post:

"Thanks BBB,

I am seeing the University’s sports therapist on Monday.

Ill look into restarting my foam rolling, sort out my sleeping position and probably revert back to high bar squats until I sort out more general flexibility issues etc.

Well, Ill see what the therapist says first!"

I havent been in the gym since i first felt my hand. I was due a week off anyway.

So, given that I have taken the advice and am in the process of sorting it out, I dont find my diagnosis as a 4th grader who cant stick to the basics as particularily helpful.

And for the record I found high bar squats more awkward than low. The movement for my lower body felt better, I just fucked up the way I held the bar.

So as I said ill be taking advice, rehabing and either adjusting my low bar squat grip or going back to high bar and dealing with whatever is causing me difficulties in that movement instead.