Pinning My Target...

ok so the more comfortable i get with injecting my glute the more i seem to be missing my target. i search some sites to see exactly where i should it, then read up on something that scared me.

“If you use the dorsogluteal site, you must be careful to avoid the sciatic nerve, because accidental injection into this nerve can cause permanent or partial paralysis of the leg”

is this bullshit or over-exagerated? also, ive had little luck finding a site that gives good pics for glute injections for newbs such as myself, any links would be much appreciated.

thx,
juicy.

OK man this is the easy way.

Grab a dab of alcohol and make a line parallel to your butt crack. Now make another line perpendicular dividing your but in half. You will have 4 quadrants of your butt cheek. Inject anywhere in the top quadrant away from your crack.

That space is the safest. Also start learning to inject your shoulders. They have 3 spots (2 easy and 1 fucking hard)

sawadeekrob explained it nicely, divide into quadrants and shoot for the upper-right or upper-left accordingly.

As far as the sciatic nerve, I’ll tell you something to ease your nerves: I’ve given anywhere in the range of 500 glute shots, not including lots to myself and have never had that problem occur.

i must be retarded, cuz i am dividing into 4 sqaures (mentally) and doing it like that but somehow i still miss… gonna do the alcohol trick should make it easier thx bro.

wait… when u say ass crack u mean the begening of the crack, or do you mean the asshole?

just wanna be sure, ive seen pics and i know where to pin myself, but apperently ive been doing a bad job at it latley

One thing to mention mate - hit your sciatic nerve with the end of a pin and you will really know about it - anything touching that nerve would cause some major pain (or so I’m told). Very unlikely you’d actually be able to inject yourself in it.

I prefer to shoot into quads and shoulders but when I do go for a glute injection the horizontal line is about half way down my ass.

Have a look at SpotInjections.com if you’ve not already seen it.

I have always injected only my right glute, because I was told the sciatic nerve runs down the left side. When I was showed how to inject, about 22 years ago, the guy told me always do the right side. So this is not correct?

[quote]piper1 wrote:
I have always injected only my right glute, because I was told the sciatic nerve runs down the left side. When I was showed how to inject, about 22 years ago, the guy told me always do the right side. So this is not correct?[/quote]

If your doing lots of injections I think you’d need to alternate sites. Problem with injecting in your left glute (if your right handed) is your using your left hand or your non-dominant hand to inject. Its easy to torque it around while injecting causing soreness swelling and pain. It takes some practice.

Here’s a picture (I hope). You can see that injecting in the top outside quadrant should keep you safe. On all the board threads I’ve read, I’ve never actually heard of anyone hitting it, probably not much to worry about.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
piper1 wrote:
I have always injected only my right glute, because I was told the sciatic nerve runs down the left side. When I was showed how to inject, about 22 years ago, the guy told me always do the right side. So this is not correct?

There’s a sciatic running down each leg bro…I would say it’s more medial, so that’s why you go for the outside top quadrant…

[/quote]