T Nation

Pineapple Express

Hilarious movie.

I don’t smoke, but that movie was absolutely fuckin hilarious.

“You just got killed by my Daewoo!”

I went with some friends on Thursday and thought it was great. There are some great one-liners.

Of all people, Ed Begley Jr. (the girl’s father) had me in stitches during his scenes. Same for Saul’s grandma.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Of all people, Ed Begley Jr. (the girl’s father) had me in stitches during his scenes. Same for Saul’s grandma.[/quote]

I was gonna say the same thing. “I’m gonna drag you out by the hair and fuck you in the street!”

Yes, the movie was pretty good. I think my experience was a bit tainted because of the douchery of some high-school kids sitting right in front of me.

NOW I remember why I don’t go to the movies anymore…

[quote]SSC wrote:
Yes, the movie was pretty good. I think my experience was a bit tainted because of the douchery of some high-school kids sitting right in front of me.

NOW I remember why I don’t go to the movies anymore…[/quote]

I can’t wait to see the movie. I’m only in college, but I don’t remember being as much of a jackass at movies as high school kids now. They can completely ruin a good movie.

[quote]Bona wrote:
SSC wrote:

I can’t wait to see the movie. I’m only in college, but I don’t remember being as much of a jackass at movies as high school kids now. They can completely ruin a good movie.[/quote]

When Sin city came out my buddy and I took our girls of the time and we were all really enjoying it until right before the last scene these two kids in front of us shouted “He’s gonna kill himself!!!” The usher approached us immediately and we let them no what was going down. They gave us four free passes for wrongly accusing us. God I hate people who can’t shut the fuck up duringa movie.

the movie is even better if before you go in you smoke some pineapple express!!! …soooo trippppy brooooooo…like…sooooo …yeah…trippy

did i mention it was trippy too?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Bona wrote:
SSC wrote:

I can’t wait to see the movie. I’m only in college, but I don’t remember being as much of a jackass at movies as high school kids now. They can completely ruin a good movie.

When Sin city came out my buddy and I took our girls of the time and we were all really enjoying it until right before the last scene these two kids in front of us shouted “He’s gonna kill himself!!!” The usher approached us immediately and we let them no what was going down. They gave us four free passes for wrongly accusing us. God I hate people who can’t shut the fuck up duringa movie.[/quote]

HE’S GONNA KILL HIMSELF!!!

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
Of all people, Ed Begley Jr. (the girl’s father) had me in stitches during his scenes. Same for Saul’s grandma.

I was gonna say the same thing. “I’m gonna drag you out by the hair and fuck you in the street!”[/quote]

No, we don’t want you to fuck us anywhere.

-dizzle

[quote]AlterEgo721 wrote:
the movie is even better if before you go in you smoke some pineapple express!!! …soooo trippppy brooooooo…like…sooooo …yeah…trippy [/quote]

Wow. Let me get some of what you’re on. Weed hasn’t made anything ‘trippy’ since about the third time I smoked it.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Hilarious movie.

I don’t smoke, but that movie was absolutely fuckin hilarious.

“You just got killed by my Daewoo!”[/quote]

Dale and Saul are the illegitimate offspring of Cheech and Chong.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2380409

Nuff respect to M.I.A. for the soundtrack.
Damn, I can’t get PAPERPLANES out of my head.

Rest of her shit is just too random for me man.

Def. one of the funniest movies I have come across in a very long time. We were laughing through the whole movie.

To get away from the teenie boppers that ruin movies we go to the alamo drafthouse and other theaters of the like. The alamo, correct me if I am wrong, doesn’t allow minors.

Studio Movie Grill, which is were we go almost exclusivly now, has a sign posted, no kids under 2 after 6pm in pg12 and R rated movies. The jackassery at this establishments is almost nonexistant.

I went and saw it Sun. and laughed the hardest at the action. Is it just me or is Seth Rogan not really that funny? I really dont think he is funny at all in anything I have ever seen him in. yeah he is some what entertaining and adds to the hummer at times but…I dont know. All the really funny parts came form everyone else.

“I have feelings…and you broke just about every one of’em”

I actually didn’t find it funny at all aside for a few genuine laughs. I’m hoping Tropic Thunder can reactiviate my hilarity unit.

[quote]johnward82 wrote:
Def. one of the funniest movies I have come across in a very long time. We were laughing through the whole movie.

To get away from the teenie boppers that ruin movies we go to the alamo drafthouse and other theaters of the like. The alamo, correct me if I am wrong, doesn’t allow minors.

Studio Movie Grill, which is were we go almost exclusivly now, has a sign posted, no kids under 2 after 6pm in pg12 and R rated movies. The jackassery at this establishments is almost nonexistant.[/quote]

Alamo does. I don’t think they have them anywhere but Texas [they started in Austin]. I haven’t heard of studio movie grill. I wish Alamo would expand. There’s only one I know of in Houston, ann it’s a ways from me.

[quote]johnward82 wrote:

Studio Movie Grill, which is were we go almost exclusivly now, has a sign posted, no kids under 2 after 6pm in pg12 and R rated movies. The jackassery at this establishments is almost nonexistant.[/quote]

How is the food there?

In my opinion, Studio Movie Grill knocks the socks off the Alamo drafthouse in food. They even have all you can eat pizza on certian days, and I happen to think thier pizza is damn good.

The Alamo has 2 locations that I can think off in the “houston” area. There is one in Katy, its on Mason, then there is the location at West Oaks Mall.

I almost had the chance to go to the Alamo in austin, but it seems they only have one screen, and they were only playing the new Batman movie.

Studio Movie Grill all the way, and I believe they have a couple spread out over the nation.

Oh, and the best part to Studio Movie Grill, all thier chairs are leather office chairs that recline. Its the only place I can sit and watch a movie comfortably.