40 1x6
60 4x5

DB Shrugs
90 1x10
110 4x5

Front plate raise
35 1x10
45 4x5

*Seated military press was done of a counter weighted smith machine so I don’t know how much the actual weight was, I counted it as if it were a regular 45lb bar.
Deadlifts were light as hell, I was really explosive and felt my form was solid, for once.
Good session for the most part.

235lbs this morning, not the way I wanted to wake up, not at all. Kind of a slap in the face to be honest. I went through my old training log “55 down 30 to go” to see if I could put my finger on some short comings in this round of dieting. Some things I’ve noticed:

Not eating early enough
Eating to much
Not enough vegetables
Not consistent with my cardio

Wake up call for me for sure. I promise you folks this will be corrected straight away. Enough of that.

Today my school is putting on a fitness and wellness clinic so I’m going to that, maybe learn something. Will also train arms today as well.

Went to the fitness clinic today, almost no one showed up so I got in my arm work.

Over head DB Tri extension
60 1x10
95 4x5

Hammer curls
30 1x10
40 4x5

Triceps push down
60 1x10
100 4x5

EZ curls
85 4x5

db skull crushers*
15 3x15

concentration curls
25 1x10
35 4x5

The skull crushers where of a different variety than I’ve done before. Lay on your back like a DB bench press and bring the weight to your face, leave the weight parallel to your body. Different for sure.

Leg day

Reverse hypers
35 2x8
45 4x5

Squat
225 1x10
315 3x5

leg curls
170 4x5

Front squat
185 4x5

Calf raise
3x20

Didn’t get the last set of squat in, interesting story, not really but funny. So I was having problems with form, leaning to far forward, one of the trainers offered to help get me adjusted. Everything was going fine except when I went down I leaned forward, he tried to help adjust me and I lost my balance, had to bail, when I did I managed to crack my skull on the bar. Hurt like a bitch, knocked me a bit dizzy so I called off the last set.
I’m growing more and more fond of front squats, I can get deeper and get a better over all leg workout, may just dump squat, we’ll see.

I did adjust my diet, less red meat and more chicken. Something like this.

Breakfast
10oz burger
nuts

2nd meal
7oz chicken
veg

3rd meal
7oz chicken
apple

4th meal
PWO Surge or meal & nuts

5th meal
optional

Chest/back day

Bench
135 2x10
215 3x5
215 1x4

Bent row
135 1x10
185 4x5

DB incline
55 1x10
80 3x5
80 1x3

Chest supported row
75 4x5

Dips
4x5

Pull ups
3x5

DB pull overs
55 4x5

Threw in the pull ups and pull overs just for SNG’s. Also got in a 25 min walk today, need to keep that up.
Tonight is HIIT night, I’ll be trying crossfits “a fight gone bad” thank you Blazin.
Weight this morning 234.6, it’s mid week hopefully Saturdays official weigh in will show some progress.
Eating right today will pose a problem since I’ll be out all day, just have to make it work.

S

Took my first venture into cross fits evil fucking training. Wednesday is usually my day off but I wanted to add some HIIT.

minute 1: Wall Ball
minute 2: Sumo Deadlift High Pulls
minute 3: Box Jumps
minute 4: Push Press
minute 5: Row
minute 6: REST

REPEAT

OH SON OF A BITCH!!!
My ego was kicked in the crotch today by this session. I went balls out on the first round, figured I could get at least 30 reps in each station, no problem. WRONG!!! I got 30 reps through the first round, 15 the second and like 10 one the third. Didn’t think to time it but it was only about 17 minutes but took me at least 30 min to recover. It’s been a long time since I thought I was going to actually puke in the gym. Next week I think I’ll tone the intensity down slightly at the beginning so I can make more of an effort through the other sets.

Shoulders

Military press
135 1x10
195 4x5

Lateral raise
15 1x10
20 1x10
25 1x8
30 1x6
Consecutive, no rest between sets

DB Shrugs
85 1x10
110 1x10
130 4x5

DB Front raise
15 1x10
20 1x5
25 4x5

db Lateral raise
25 3x5

Misc abs

25 HIIT run/walk

Good session overall.

Haha…

Yea…

Crossfit looks easy on paper… you’re like, wow that shit is weak… I’ll stomp this out…

Then it hits you and you’re huffing and puffing and you realize if you dont keep pushing on you’ll score a 0

good work not puking though, I’m sure your gym appreciates it.

Keep hitting those weights and you’ll drop down in no time…

I’m taking my pics sunday, I don’t know if there is a huge change or not, but the comparison will be the judge…

:slight_smile:

[quote]Blazin wrote:
Haha…

Yea…

Crossfit looks easy on paper… you’re like, wow that shit is weak… I’ll stomp this out…

Then it hits you and you’re huffing and puffing and you realize if you dont keep pushing on you’ll score a 0

good work not puking though, I’m sure your gym appreciates it.

Keep hitting those weights and you’ll drop down in no time…

I’m taking my pics sunday, I don’t know if there is a huge change or not, but the comparison will be the judge…

:)[/quote]

You said it. Looks pretty simple then when you can’t walk, breath and are struggling to not puke, you realize how wrong you were.

I’ll keep an eye out for your pics.

234.4lbs today. Not coming off as fast as I’d like but what ever, keep on keepin’ on.

Arm day:

One arm skull crusher
15lbs 3x15 no rest

Hammer curls
25 1x10
45 4x5

Triceps pushdown
90 1x10
120 4x5

EZ curls
95 2x5
95 2x4

Band kick back
10 1x10
20 4x5

Concentration curls
35 10,7,5,5 no rest

This weeks diet will look like this:

Breakfast
Turkey burger
almonds
or
Shake

2nd meal
8oz steak
veg

3rd meal
7oz chicken
nuts
veg

4th meal
5-7oz chicken
nuts
or
Surge

5th meal
PB
or
eggs
or
shake

1000th post wooowhooo!!!

Leg day

Reverse hypers
30 2x10
50 4x5

Front squat
135 1x10
205 2x5

Leg curls
155 1x10
180 4x5

One leg press
225 1x10
260 3x5
280 1x5

Calf raise
500 3x20

I do calf raise on a Nautilus leg press machine, it’s what we have, I do 10 reps of traditional calf raises then without moving my feet do 10 leg press. Its like squating on your toes, hurts like a bitch.

Also I’ve decided to take some time off of back squats and focus on front for awhile. My form is better, I go deeper and just have a better over all feeling after doing front than I do with back squat.

Diet yesterday:
Breakfast
1/2lb turkey burger
2 slices fat free cheese
almonds

2nd meal
7oz chicken
asparagus

3rd meal
7oz chicken
pecans

4th meal
Surge PWO

5th meal
8oz sirloin
small apple

6th meal
Grow!
fat free pudding

FYI if you wonder why all the fat free stuff, it’s strictly about fewer calories. I’m not afraid of fat.

[quote]dday wrote:
FYI if you wonder why all the fat free stuff, it’s strictly about fewer calories. I’m not afraid of fat.[/quote]

We’re supposed to be in this together, to be able to call each other out. So realize what I’m doing when I say,

Stop your metrosexual, my genitals have been replaced with my female counterpart’s, I read cosmo, and I generally like to be influenced by idiotic american dietary habits mentality :stuck_out_tongue:

Fat-free? I mean, ok maybe… but I mean, seriously?

If you don’t fear the fat, take a read at the GFlux article, and don’t fear the calories…

I see you’re dropping the carbs down, dropping the fat is the last thing you want to do. The whole point is to train your body to use the fat for fuel, deplete your fat stores, and not let lingering macronutrients transform into globs of “Truffle Shuffle” goodness – please tell me you get that reference.

A quick glance I’d say you’re probably getting between 1700-1900 calories on that diet, all depending on quantities of course.

If it’s less, eat the fat full cheese.

If it’s about what I said, drop the pudding.

Don’t treat yourself, you’re not dropping the poundage :stuck_out_tongue: You drop 10 lbs, then you can have a pudding pop, how’s that sound.

Tough love man, it’s the only way :slight_smile:

[quote]Blazin wrote:
dday wrote:
FYI if you wonder why all the fat free stuff, it’s strictly about fewer calories. I’m not afraid of fat.

We’re supposed to be in this together, to be able to call each other out. So realize what I’m doing when I say,

Stop your metrosexual, my genitals have been replaced with my female counterpart’s, I read cosmo, and I generally like to be influenced by idiotic american dietary habits mentality :stuck_out_tongue:

Fat-free? I mean, ok maybe… but I mean, seriously?

If you don’t fear the fat, take a read at the GFlux article, and don’t fear the calories…

I see you’re dropping the carbs down, dropping the fat is the last thing you want to do. The whole point is to train your body to use the fat for fuel, deplete your fat stores, and not let lingering macronutrients transform into globs of “Truffle Shuffle” goodness – please tell me you get that reference.

A quick glance I’d say you’re probably getting between 1700-1900 calories on that diet, all depending on quantities of course.

If it’s less, eat the fat full cheese.

If it’s about what I said, drop the pudding.

Don’t treat yourself, you’re not dropping the poundage :stuck_out_tongue: You drop 10 lbs, then you can have a pudding pop, how’s that sound.

Tough love man, it’s the only way :)[/quote]

I can do the truffle shuffle dance, I don’t want to be able to do it but I can…sadly.
This time around has been so much harder to drop the weight, I need structure! Being home all day and frozen inside is killing my goals, I feel I’m eating right but the lbs are not coming off like they should. Maybe I’m not eating enough, working hard enough in the gym(I feel I am), something isn’t right. My body has likely adjusted to a lame 30min walk, I mean I’ve only been doing that for about a year, I may have to (God forbid) run more.

Blazin, I do appreciate the kick in the pants, the fact you’re kicking my ass in the fat boy competition should be enough but sometimes I need it rubbed in.

I need that hate myself attitude I had when I lost 75lbs.

I agree, the hate yourself attitude is what drives you…

That article the other day about what is the difference between greatness and mediocre transformations really showed why I have been so successful.

Selfish. Demanding. Angry.

You want pasta for dinner? Fuck you, I’m on a diet, I can’t eat that fucking shit, so I demand you eat this fucking shit, it’s fucking good for you you blabbering idiot. Deal with it and shut the fuck up about your tastebuds craving for more MSG-blasted foods.

:slight_smile:

You’ll get there man, just keep pushing, maybe pick up a jump rope, try 5 mins to start, if you can do that move up to 10…

Once you got that down, start moving to crossovers and jogging in place and other things to keep it challenging.

If you’re not feeling it in your abs and calves, you’re doing it wrong :slight_smile:

Again 0lbs lost, I hoped to make myself feel better taking measurements.

These are from my last measurements after gaining 20lbs
Neck didn’t measure
right arm upper 15 5/8
Left arm upper 15 3/8
Chest 45.25
waist 44 3/8
hips 40 5/8
right thigh 25.1/8
left thigh 25.5
right calf 15 5/8
left calf 15 3/4
Shoulders 51 3/8

These are current
Neck 16.5
right arm upper 15
left arm upper 15.5
Chest 46
waist 43.5
hips 40.25
right thigh 26.5
left thigh 26.5
right calf 16
left calf 15.75
shoulders 52

There is some good news here, I’ve lost in some of the right places and gained in the right places, some positives.
Since I’m frozen in I’ve devised an at home aerobic cross fit type program that doesn’t involve weights so I can workout twice a day. I’ll keep going on my “walks” and add in this extra HIIT.

I took the format from cross fits “a fight gone bad”. I’ll do this 5-6 times a week along with my regular workouts.

Looks like this:

1 min heavy bag
1 min jumping jacks
1 min burpies
1 min high knees
1 min double end bag
1 min rest
shoot for 4 times though.

[quote]Blazin wrote:
You’ll get there man, just keep pushing, maybe pick up a jump rope, try 5 mins to start, if you can do that move up to 10…

Once you got that down, start moving to crossovers and jogging in place and other things to keep it challenging.

If you’re not feeling it in your abs and calves, you’re doing it wrong :)[/quote]

I feel like such a tard, I cannot jump rope to save my ass :frowning: It seems like such an easy thing, little kids kill it on a jump rope but sadly I just slam it into the back of my head or into my feet. In class we, well everyone else jumps rope while I hop in place, something about adding the rope F’s me up. I think my instructor has us jump rope for the laugh they get out of my uncoordinated ass.

1 min heavy bag
1 min jumping jacks
1 min burpies
1 min high knees
1 min double end bag
1 min rest
4 times though.

This was pretty tough, I made it through but was certainly huffing and puffing. I expect to increase the intensity in the coming weeks and reach my goal.