Pinched Nerves and Strength Loss

About 3 weeks ago I slammed my head trying to walk under some metal racks. Pain in my left middle trap and neck started later that afternoon and progressively got worse over the next few days. I only had one bench session to do before a deload so I hit it (lifts were fine) then took the week off completely. First bench session back was 8x3 at 75% and lifts went well even though my neck/trap still hurt. Next session 3 days later was supposed to be 4x3 at 85-90%. I couldn’t even lift my normal warm ups even though my neck seemed the same. Roughly 100lbs gone from my bench. I went to a chiropractor and he said that I had a pinched nerve at C7. He worked on me twice and my pain is completely gone but I still can’t bench. In fact after I took off again this week I think my left side is even weaker. This has all happened in 3 WEEKS. Have any of you guys had this happen? Did it take weeks, months or longer to recover? Chiropractor said my strength should come back quick but I’m not feeling it.

Yeah, I pinched a nerve in my neck… the nerve took probably 4-6 weeks to get back to okay and still has never fully recovered. I had right arm grip stre gth failure and right delt weakness. Couldnt do shit for a while. The strength did return.

If it’s really that extreme you should head to a physiatrist or orthopedist to see if there is a pinched nerve and why there is a pinched nerve. Did you get an MRI? Do you have any pain or altered sensation in your arms and hands? You might have a herniated disc or tight muscles.

I have nerve pain that is slowly subsiding from two herniated discs. Nerve damage and herniated discs can take 6 to 24 months to heal.