Pimples!

I’ve tried almost every product out there, and nothing seems to work. Every once and a while the acne on my face will go away, but I’ll still have problems on my face and upper back.

I try and eat as well as I can, and I take a mutliV, extra vit. E, protein and creatine after/before my workout, if any of that helps. Any tips? I also have some Fish Body Oils from GNC, Ginko Biloba (whatever that is) that I found in my medicine drawer.

Thanks!

My friends and I use ProActive and we love it…rarely have a single pimple.

They’re online and also now at some malls. Kind of expensive $39.99 for the 3 steps. MAKE SURE YOU DO ALL 3 STEPS or you won’t get the same results.

Have you seen a Dermatologist? Tetracycline works for a lot of people…

try cutting out all dairy for 3 weeks. See if skin improves.

Is accutane still legal? That stuff was excellent.

[quote]royalgoober wrote:
My friends and I use ProActive and we love it…rarely have a single pimple.

They’re online and also now at some malls. Kind of expensive $39.99 for the 3 steps. MAKE SURE YOU DO ALL 3 STEPS or you won’t get the same results.[/quote]

Proactive works very well.

i have found drinking a ton of water helps me a bunch.

I’m with these guys, Proactive is the best stuff out there

I think it depends on the type of acne you have. If you have cystic acne, none of these over the counter products will work, including proactive. Even the prescription meds didn’t work for me (I’ve done them all: retin a, differin gel, tetracyclin, etc. etc.).

Accutane is the only thing that worked for me. The other medicines are only temporary fixes while accutane is permanent.

Nate is right, Accutane is the best.
If you`ve already tried almost everything else with no luck, this stuff works guaranteed.

If its in your face, dont wait anymore and try stuff that might work.
Another pimple, another scar.

Save those milder stuffs for back and chest where few scars won`t interfeare with your future social life.

You`re probaply gonna get everybody and their mom telling how dangerous sides there are using this stuff.
BS i say.

Do some research on this stuff and ask people who`ve used it.
I guarantee more than 90% of them will recommend it.

Cheers!

I guess Acutane is good if you have SEVERE CYSTIC ACNE…but if a few pimples on your face and back is the case…Acutane would be ridiculous…

If it`s only few pimles, yeah it would not be a good idea.
But no Doctor would perscripe it anyways then.

But other than that it would be a good obtion.

It doesn`t need to be severe cystic acne to leave permanent holes and scars to the face.
And those are for the rest of your life.
even regular “normal” acne will do that.

And the cure is for lifetime, how can you beat that?

[quote]balljack8 wrote:

It doesn`t need to be severe cystic acne to leave permanent holes and scars to the face.

And the cure is for lifetime, how can you beat that?[/quote]

Exactly.

I really don’t see why anybody would say don’t use accutane. If you can’t deal with chapped lips, life probably ain’t worth living for you anyway.

Backne…my ex had the WORST backne ever.

Some things to try before you plunk down serious cash for accutane:

–get out of sweaty workout clothes ASAP when you’re done lifting

–shower ASAP after working out or any other physical activity (including sex if you like it on the rough and tumble side)

–use an exfoliator (sounds girlie, I know, but TRUST ME on this) on your back and other areas. You can buy body scrubs at any store, or opt for a SOFT backscrubber–there are lots of styles. The key with exfoliation is to do it GENTLY…use a light touch and work in circles. This will slough off the dead skin that, when combined with body oil and sweat, make pimples. Exfoliate 3 times a week. If you find that your skin gets too dry, apply a mild, non-greasy body lotion after. A added bonus to this is that it makes your skin nice and soft–we ladies like soft skin, not the bumpy, scaly, rough stuff.

My ex had cystic acne (dermatologist diagnosed) but I convinced him to try the exfoliation thing. Worked like a dream! I could even tell when he was slacking with exfoliating because the pimples would come back.

Good luck!

accutane worked for me!

[quote]royalgoober wrote:
I guess Acutane is good if you have SEVERE CYSTIC ACNE…but if a few pimples on your face and back is the case…Acutane would be ridiculous…[/quote]

Yeah, ridiculously awesome!

ProActive was a waste of money for me. Not sure what the best thing out there is. Obviously it depends on your skin. See a derm.

[quote]provy07 wrote:
ProActive was a waste of money for me. Not sure what the best thing out there is. Obviously it depends on your skin. See a derm.[/quote]

My GF uses a proactive competitor (similar system with the washes and cream etc) called Acne Kleen (I think)

It’s cheaper than Proactive and she says it works just as good if not better than the aforementioned. You can get it at wall-mart or Target.

GAINER

[quote]carter12 wrote:
balljack8 wrote:

And the cure is for lifetime, how can you beat that?

Exactly.

I really don’t see why anybody would say don’t use accutane. If you can’t deal with chapped lips, life probably ain’t worth living for you anyway.

[/quote]

How old are you? Getting older worked for me.
DB

[quote]Renn wrote:
Worked like a dream! I could even tell when he was slacking with exfoliating because the pimples would come back.

Good luck![/quote]

That’s gross! Good luck!