Pimples After Waxing

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so apologies if I have messed up.

Just wonder if any of you guys experience bad pimple break out when you wax?

I am as hairy as a gorilla. Chest hair does not really bother me but my back is just a shag rug.

Everytime I wax it I break out something terrible in red blotches and pimples. Looks terrible for about three weeks. Seriously, there is less clear skin then there is bad skin.

Anyone else have this problem?

Any suggestions on how to combat it?

I use a good quality wax for sensitive skin and go to Beautician to have it done so I dont think it is product or technique related…

Thanks in advance.

Well I SUPPOSE it’s alright to talk about this since bodybuilders shave or wax before a competition.

haha ya, im not sure if this is the right place for you to post it either. i’d try a board on skin care and waxing on another website. far far away from this one.

Yeah, I was a bit concerned about putting it here…

Well I have a “friend” who waxes before holiday, first time was for charity and he bled like a virgin…

Anyway he discovered creams with a high % of tea tree oil to be good.

Training afterwards is a bad idea.

24-48hrs skin is calm again.

Ok first off it isn’t pimples lol. It’s most likely ingrown hair. You got to Google this stuff though man. You’ll find much better info from a girls skin care website than some bodybuilding forums ha

Does it hurt as bad as 40 year old virgin portrays?

Find a product called “Tend Skin”. It works wonders.

It’s more likely folliculitis…

Battle scars.

Just take that shit like a man.

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:
Battle scars.

Just take that shit like a man. [/quote]

waxing and take it like a man in the same sentence? BAH!

Only thing I could think is to take a shower before hand and try a small area yourself, or have the woman do a hot compress/towel over the area prior to open up your pores, then do something along the same lines with compresses or aftershave.

However, some peoples hair/skin won’t take well to waxing, try something else like a chemical burn (just don’t put it on your nipples, for the love of god).

I would say if you take the plunge and was go to a professional and have it done. there are some salons out there that are reasonably priced. Just be careful if you have a sensitive labia.

[quote]Pika wrote:
I am a hairy girl.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

You don’t say?

[quote]TD54 wrote:
Ok first off it isn’t pimples lol. It’s most likely ingrown hair. [/quote]

where the hair follicle attaches seems to “stay up”, goose bumps would be the expression I would use but unsure if this is used across the pond.

If red well you have just ripped the follicle out of the body it’s been bruised.

[quote]plateau wrote:

[quote]TD54 wrote:
Ok first off it isn’t pimples lol. It’s most likely ingrown hair. [/quote]

where the hair follicle attaches seems to “stay up”, goose bumps would be the expression I would use but unsure if this is used across the pond.

If red well you have just ripped the follicle out of the body it’s been bruised.[/quote]

Yes - as I said, folliculitis - an inflammation of the hair follicle. Usually the actual infection is caused by Staphylococcus aureus, as that microbe is always present on skin, and looks for opportunities to enter the body (like through an inflamed hair follicle).

The OP has a legitimate claim, I have had similar issues when I get my back and shoulders waxed. Pika, I hear you on the pimples, some are probably ingrown hairs, and some are actual pimples. I have looked into doing laser hair removal for this very reason, as I have heard that it handles both the hair and pimple issue together. Something for you to consider.