Pillars Of Strength?

[quote]Cloth wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:

I went from 98lbs-125lbs by eating a crap load, going in the health club for 2 hours every day (7 days a week) for about 2 months.

Basically my routine was 3x10 on every machine then leave. I didn’t do any free-weights.

Then I stopped gaining, and bought into Anthony Ellis’ training/diet program.

Heres a link to the ad that sucked me in: http://www.musclegaintips.com/

I gained about 10lbs (6-7lbs muscle) in about 2 and a half months on that.

It was basically a 3-day split (chest,shoulders,triceps - Legs - Back,Biceps) and the diet was 6 meals a day which consisted of eggs, chicken, rice, spinach, 2 myoplex’s and Udo’choice oil w/ a protein shake before bed.

About 2 weeks into his program I was really hooked on training, and I read bodybuilding.com, his site and other sites constantly.

I perhaps read a bit too much, and came off his program, it was ok but it could of been better. Since then I have been changing around shit a lot trying to find a good program to stick to.

I’ve only gained about 5lbs in the past 2 and a half months doing my own thing, I’m sure that is due to the fact I’m in-consistant.

Right now my goal is to get myself a good 4-5 day a week program, and a solid diet plan so I can eat a lot of clean food, and be organized about it, then I will start it in the new year.

(Which is why I’m asking a lot of questions on T-Nation currently)

Just listen now, champ. Kane is right, there is a difference between a program optimised for performance and simply training for the enjoyment of training. If you want to learn how to increase performance, then listen to the advice given. There is no point trying to defend yourself. Shugart wrote an interesting article on this. And if you want to just train for fun, then what do you care what these people say? Just go and pump.

-Cloth[/quote]

I know kane is right, I will listen to his advice. I just responded to say that I’m not a complete beginner and have had some training experience.

As for training for fun, it is indeed a hobby of mine, but it isn’t so fun when I don’t see results.

Of course I want to follow a program that focuses on performance, but i’d like to find a solid one that goes more than 3 days a week.

ws4sb has a 4th training day but that is ‘strongman’ training using tires etc. that I don’t have access too.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
Roy wrote:
Slash his tires, he deserves it. Picking on the little guy, knowing that he cant/wont fight back because it’s your gym is a cowardly thing to do. I would have assaulted him and left.

Fuck it, go to a health club if that’s where you get huge.

i can’t tell if this is sarcastic or not but either way I like your style

[/quote]

I have that problem myself sometimes.

So does this mean that you are dropping the Pillars of Strength program? I would definitely reconsider if it does.

You will grow some tree trunks of this program regardless of what the gym owner said to you. And I actually found the “B” program to be the hardest and most taxing of all three, but I love to squat so who knows? Like I said to you before, adding almost an 1" my larger thigh and almost an 1 3/4" to my smaller one to bring it into balance after 5 weeks of training and then growing for the next two weeks was well worth the effort. And you know yourself that no matter what that gym owner was saying to you, unless you were lifting like a girl (no offense girls, I didn’t say a T-Vixen) then you know those workouts were kicking your butt!

If someone tells you this program doesn’t work, then my question to them would be “Have you done it yourself?” This might have even been a great time to engage the guy and show him the whole program and tell him about CT and T-Nation. He was probably unaware of the other 2 routines. He might have even been impressed that you would try it.

I mean anyone that has worked out for any length of time can take one look at this program and see how challenging it is. When I was about to start it, I asked CT if he had any improvements to it since he wrote it. His comeback was that it is THE most effective leg routine that he has ever written and I would excellent results IF I could finish it. I did and he was right.

I will tell you this that if you complete the program you will learn a ton about lifting in general which will carry over to all your lifting. CT does an awesome job with the rep schemes, load parameters, variety of exercises to attack the muscles from every conceivable angle of attack, and just to have the strength of mind and character to actually finish out each and every rep with all your intensity and not give up on yourself goes further in bodybuilding than you even realize.

So that’s my .02 cents. Good luck in whatever direction you end up going. Just don’t quit and give it your all each and every rep, every time you walk in the gym and you will get there.

Tbone

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
Cloth wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:

I went from 98lbs-125lbs by eating a crap load, going in the health club for 2 hours every day (7 days a week) for about 2 months.

Basically my routine was 3x10 on every machine then leave. I didn’t do any free-weights.

Then I stopped gaining, and bought into Anthony Ellis’ training/diet program.

Heres a link to the ad that sucked me in: http://www.musclegaintips.com/

I gained about 10lbs (6-7lbs muscle) in about 2 and a half months on that.

It was basically a 3-day split (chest,shoulders,triceps - Legs - Back,Biceps) and the diet was 6 meals a day which consisted of eggs, chicken, rice, spinach, 2 myoplex’s and Udo’choice oil w/ a protein shake before bed.

About 2 weeks into his program I was really hooked on training, and I read bodybuilding.com, his site and other sites constantly.

I perhaps read a bit too much, and came off his program, it was ok but it could of been better. Since then I have been changing around shit a lot trying to find a good program to stick to.

I’ve only gained about 5lbs in the past 2 and a half months doing my own thing, I’m sure that is due to the fact I’m in-consistant.

Right now my goal is to get myself a good 4-5 day a week program, and a solid diet plan so I can eat a lot of clean food, and be organized about it, then I will start it in the new year.

(Which is why I’m asking a lot of questions on T-Nation currently)

Just listen now, champ. Kane is right, there is a difference between a program optimised for performance and simply training for the enjoyment of training. If you want to learn how to increase performance, then listen to the advice given. There is no point trying to defend yourself. Shugart wrote an interesting article on this. And if you want to just train for fun, then what do you care what these people say? Just go and pump.

-Cloth

I know kane is right, I will listen to his advice. I just responded to say that I’m not a complete beginner and have had some training experience.

As for training for fun, it is indeed a hobby of mine, but it isn’t so fun when I don’t see results.

Of course I want to follow a program that focuses on performance, but i’d like to find a solid one that goes more than 3 days a week.

ws4sb has a 4th training day but that is ‘strongman’ training using tires etc. that I don’t have access too. [/quote]

Why not just use a more standard Westside routine? The 4th leg day puts you in the gym, not with the Strongman stuff, and is at least as effective as WS4SB at increasing muscle mass.