Piers Morgan v. Rick Santorum

What are your thoughts Rick Santorum?

From what I can gather he:

• Cares about the Family
  • This includes the kids,
  • Both born and unborn.
  • Adult Stem Cell Research, and
  • Doesn't like people attacking America

Everything I hear about him I like. He's not going to be heading the Republican ticket though.

He's a nut job. Perhaps, he'd have made a Dictator of some Latin country circa 1960 but he's a dinosaur and only appeals to far right Catholics.

I don't think he is a bad guy, I think he means well, he certainly is convicted and I don't detect ego as a primary motivator for his outspokenness.

However, his ideals are just too far up the Pope's ass. As a Recovering Catholic, I pity him more than anything. He wants to do the right thing, but he believes in fantasy fairy tales that are no longer valid or even respectable in the modern era.

And he is loony, the guy took a dead foetus to his him and his kids cuddle with it. The layed with its decomposing corpse in his bed for two days. That is insane. I respect if you love the unborn, but certain things are just crossing the line into the twilight zone.

Oh come on!! Link that story of yours to a hard news source or just come out and say you made it up. I've never heard of something that ridiculous. And I am 100% certain if that was even REMOTELY true the media would have crucified him long before now.

...I now have another good reason to ignore Rohnyn. Not that I needed a second one.

The child was two hours old. And it wasn't two days it was a few hours. If a wife can kiss her husband at a wake one or two weeks after he has been dead, I'm not sure what is wrong with right after it has died...

And, Rohnyn the child was born...that means it is not longer called a fetus. Learn the definitions if you're going to go around using the word all the time.

Lord have mercy.

I hope Washington Post is a good source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A61804-2005Apr17?language=printer

This is typical of those on the far left or the far right. Their sick minds invent elaborate and perverted libels. Another poster who I won't name, recently invented a story about a light bulb, a teenage boy, his sexual abuser and the subsequent 'great mess' when the light bulb was shattered inside him. He even provided a link to a grissly picture. Problem was, the picture was a pool of blood from an unrelated incident and the 'great mess' story was a complete fabrication by the poster. These base polemics are used to undermine the interests of the free world, to attack democracy/representative government - i.e. liberty; and to destroy Judeo-Christian values and ethics. In true Orwellian fashion these people pretend to be libertarians and defenders of the constitution.

Oh come on. Orion's 'complete fabrication' was slightly embellished but based on an incident with an American-Egyptian translator and an Iraqi prisoner - atrocities occurred just not totally in the way he described them. To imply that nothing is wrong is laughable. And I find it ironic you accuse us of 'perverted libels' when you say we want to destroy representative government and Judeo-Christian values, ffs. Motes and beams.

In other news, Piers Morgan is the biggest twat out there and has been for a while. Pretty much everyone I know in the UK here dislikes him.

Slightly embellished? The story mentions an allegation that the teenage boy was molested with a number of things including a light bulb. Orion then made up a story about the light bulb being deliberately smashed and there being 'quite the mess'. He then provided a link to a picture of blood on the floor intimating that it was the scene of the non-existent 'mess'.

I implied nothing of the sort. I might be in favour of waterboarding people who organise suicide bombings and terrorist attacks against civilians but I don't defend anything that happened at Abu Ghraib.

I didn't accuse you of that. And I'm happy to be judged in the same manner that I judge others.

Judge not lest ye be judged. But yeah he's a twat; he published a whole lot of fake torture photos libelling the British Army amongst other things.

I see we are no longer arguing if there was torture, just what kind of torture.

Progress!

Piers Morgan is the typical main stream liberal media hack. "that's bigotry" (fine english accent) "bigotry...bigorty.." It rolls off the tongue so easily for the politically correct left. That's the only word that they know when met with an honest difference of opinion. Santroum doesn't believe in Gay marriage, so therefore he has a target on his back from the PC far left.

Oh my Hollywood is pro gay marriage? What else is new? However Santorum's views are aligned perfectly with American voters. Whenever a state referendum is offered up for gay marriage it is soundly defeated! Liberal Judges, and certain left wing politicians want gay marriage. When asked to vote in referendums the people always vote down gay marriage, this is a winning position for Santorum. Furthermore Santorum is a credit to his party and also to his Church!

While he does not have the support to head the republican ticket, if he were chosen to be on the ticket with someone like Romney I think he would be a huge asset. Americans are going to have to learn to ignore the MSLM they DO NOT represent the thoughts and feelings of main stream America.

I was watching a program last night called 'the secret war on terror' (it might be on Youtube, you have to pay in the USA if you want to see it on BBC iPlayer) where US government officials spoke of people who torturing prisoners with methods they learned from watching 24.

I think Hollywood is far less 'liberal' than it is often perceived to be.

And Piers Morgan used to edit 'News of the World' which was owned by Murdoch. He's not a liberal hack, just a vain self-indulgent one.

You're just a bit confused. Hollywood will sell anything that they think will make money. That does not negates the fact that they are mostly liberal douche bags..including Piers Morgan.

"Pip..Pip.bigotry..bigotry..bigorty."

...What an ass.

So the truth is in between the two of us, and I didn't exacerbate, I used the wrong term. I had thought his wife went into labor prematurely, thus rendering it a fetus. Maybe I just didn't know the distinction in terms, I have not accompanied a woman through child-birth yet.

ANYWAYS, it appears your the one trying to downplay the affair, he indeed had the dead baby with him for more than a few hours.
"In it, she writes that the couple brought the deceased infant home from the hospital and introduced the dead child to their living children as "your brother Gabriel" and slept with the body overnight before returning it to the hospital. The anecdote was also written about by Michael Sokolove in a 2005 New York Times Magazine story on Santorum.[1]"
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/22/magazine/22SANTORUM.html?ei=5088&en=83d72ed75fbada1d&ex=1274414400&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=all
Unless you want to call the New York Times a bunch of liars too, Santorum did indeed do something that by my measures seems especially bizarre.

I've been following their politcal coverage for probably 25 years. And while they've always had a left bent to most of their important political articles over the past 5 years or so they've gone completely off the deep end. If anyone followed the McCain/Obama election they know exactly what I mean. The NYT tilted about 3-1 toward Obama in favorable articles.

So, I'll take Santorum's credibility over that rags any day of the week.

http://boycottnyt.com/

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/sep/06/ny-times-bias-ignores-facts/

And as a point of fact most major media outlets do lean left. And there are a few that lean right. Independent journalism is not dead yet but it is on life support.

The lines have indeed been drawn. We as a nation are as divided as we've been in many years.

You stated that they kept the baby for two days until the body was decomposing. That is a complete distortion. The grieving parents took their child home overnight because;

"I knew from all the years of being a nurse that when a baby would die, it was so crucially important in the grieving process that you held that baby. We had a room in the hospital and that's where parents would go for times like that.

And we encouraged the children to be there that it was so important for the parents to hold that baby and have time with it. And it's a very critical part of the grieving process where that initial step of saying goodbye, I love you, or whatever helps with the grieving." - Karen Santorum.

Overnight. Perfectly normal and very sad.

1) The NY Times ARE a bunch of liars however in this case the story originates with Santorum's wife's book.

2) It may seem bizarre to you, however as you said you do not have children. If your wife gave birth and the child died in your arms shortly thereafter you might feel differently.

Well, now that the story's been corroborated, I'm going to have to agree with you. That's extremely bizarre behavior.

Two different stories. Rohnyn stated that he 'cuddled' and lay with the child 'for two days until its corpse was decomposing'. In reality the baby was brought home in the evening so its siblings could grieve and returned the following morning.

That is VERY common on T Nation. Most of the guys on this site are younger, unmarried, and are truly clueless when it comes to parental reactions regarding their children.

"While pregnant, Karen Santorum developed a life-threatening intrauterine infection and a fever that reached nearly 105 degrees. She went into labor when she was 20 weeks pregnant and allowed doctors to give her Oxytocin to speed the birth.[13]"

It was indeed a fetus. You were wrong.

A body begins to decompose the moment it dies, this would be even more accelerated in the case of a fetus which prior to death, requires a capsule to maintain homeostasis. I imagine it would show signs of decomposition far more quickly, perhaps even reaching a full bloat within 9 hours.

Maybe in Australia you all think its normal to sleep with dead fetii that are indeed decomposing. In the USA , among modern people, it is an absurd and shocking thing to do. This is not inner Nigeria, we are civilized and modern people, we understand that dead bodies do not have personalities or mystical powers. If we were 'spiritual' to the extent that we believe in spirits, we understand that it is not held in an inanimate object such a dead body.

Apparently Santorum is not at this level yet, which is obvious, as he is actually dumb enough to believe in obsolete and laughably outdated Catholic dogma in the 21st century.

For me, it is impossible to resent him, I find his character misled and for that reason, piteous.

I never argued that it was or wasn't a fetus.

Actually it is exceedingly common. See this statement from the Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Alliance:

"Many parents benefit from repeated and extended opportunities to have close contact with their
deceased baby's body, including touching, examining, holding, cuddling, and kissing. For parents who want to have close and extended contact with their baby, this nurturing experience affirms their baby's existence and importance, validates their role as parents to this child, offers meaningful opportunities to express their love and devotion, and cultivates treasured keepsakes and memories. This experience can also help parents process the traumatic events surrounding their baby's death and experience a more gradual goodbye, both of which are productive components of healthy grieving."

You really are grasping at straws here to discredit Santorum aren't you? Desperate stuff.