Pictures of Those Giving Advice...

^ Upper decker?

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
You will get more than enough information if you just stick to the articles, and you know those are written by someone who can actually back up their words not some 14 year old on a power trip in his mom’s house.[/quote]

I dont necessarily agree with this statement. There are a lot of authors on here who walk the walk and can back up their words. Then there are others…[/quote]

Who are these “others” you speak of?

Also, IronDwarf… My avatar isn’t me, your right. It was a guy in my gyms bathroom. I sneaked that picture through a crack in the stall door while I was dropping a deuce :)[/quote]

Shit Dixie blocked me the upper decker was for you Greg.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I came here to chew bubble gum and give advice…and I’m all out of advice.[/quote]

LOL!

Always entertaining.

if I copy/pasted something Dave Tate, Thibs, Jim Wendler, or any other of the aurthors have said, do I need to post a pic of them in my avi?

relax d00d…you’ll live longer

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
You will get more than enough information if you just stick to the articles, and you know those are written by someone who can actually back up their words not some 14 year old on a power trip in his mom’s house.[/quote]

I dont necessarily agree with this statement. There are a lot of authors on here who walk the walk and can back up their words. Then there are others…[/quote]

Who are these “others” you speak of?

Also, IronDwarf… My avatar isn’t me, your right. It was a guy in my gyms bathroom. I sneaked that picture through a crack in the stall door while I was dropping a deuce :)[/quote]

Shit Dixie blocked me the upper decker was for you Greg.[/quote]

I was slightly confused by your comment

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

Agreed. Not everyone writing about bodybuilding should be taken seriously by serious weight lifters with goals in that area.

As far as that goes, CT is about the only person I would take at face value…and that is because I’ve met him and know where his heart is in this.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

It doesn’t? if this guy told OP how to work out you think he would find him credible based on an “eye” test?

V[/quote]

i’ve seen those pictures.

what i’m saying is, look where he is at now.

i could show you pictures of me where i was 165lbs. i knew what i needed to do to get bigger, but do you think anyone really cared or wanted to listen?

now i can’t workout in the college rec without getting “dude, brah, so how…”

with something like bodybuilding/fitness/whatever, i think it’s very important the person giving advice looks like he walks the walk. or at a very least HAS looks like he’s walked the walk.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

Agreed. Some guy wrote an article and posted a picture of himself, theres a decent chance he doesnt lift.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Anyone remember old pics of Dave Barr or even CT?
[/quote]

this really lends nothing to your argument[/quote]

It doesn’t? if this guy told OP how to work out you think he would find him credible based on an “eye” test?

V[/quote]

Uh, yeah as far as his development allows him to speak at that time. He isn’t small in that pic. He just isn’t ripped.

Why do some of you seem to have a hard time telling the difference between someone with a solid muscular base who isn’t lean and some guy who doesn’t even lift?

I wouldn’t see him and ASK for advice at that stage in his life because I am past that level of development. That doesn’t mean I would consider him useless as far as bodybuilding though…however, he has clearly GAINED respect by making further progress and working with people who now truly stand out.

Some people here do NOT have people they’ve trained who look the way I want to look in the long run.

Also, look at how people seem to get pissed when this subject is brought up. Why the hell wouldn’t someone want the guy giving advice to have EXPERIENCE?

If you are GIVING advice and don’t look like you lift and haven’t trained anyone who looks like they lift…please, shut up.

Why would anyone be against this?

Finding old pics of guys who are now way more developed or finding a pic of a past great bodybuilder who at the age of 65 isn’t huge anymore is retarded. They obviously have the results to back up what they say either through themselves or others.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Also, look at how people seem to get pissed when this subject is brought up. Why the hell wouldn’t someone want the guy giving advice to have EXPERIENCE?

If you are GIVING advice and don’t look like you lift and haven’t trained anyone who looks like they lift…please, shut up.

Why would anyone be against this?

Finding old pics of guys who are now way more developed or finding a pic of a past great bodybuilder who at the age of 65 isn’t huge anymore is retarded. They obviously have the results to back up what they say either through themselves or others.[/quote]

“But what if I subscribe to Hany’s newsletter, can I teach teh FST7 ???”

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I came here to chew bubble gum and give advice…and I’m all out of advice.[/quote]

LOL!

Always entertaining.[/quote]

haha yeah Nards has some funny posts.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

V[/quote]

i’ve seen those pictures.

what i’m saying is, look where he is at now.

i could show you pictures of me where i was 165lbs. i knew what i needed to do to get bigger, but do you think anyone really cared or wanted to listen?

now i can’t workout in the college rec without getting “dude, brah, so how do I fail at setting off the lunk alarm?”

with something like bodybuilding/fitness/whatever, i think it’s very important the person giving advice looks like he walks the walk. or at a very least HAS looks like he’s walked the walk.[/quote]

Fixed?

I’m in my Avi.

lol

There are 2 particular posters here on T-Nation that are young and inexperienced, yet annoyingly give enthusiastic advice.

I ain’t saying who, but I’m sure some of you can already guess.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Anyone remember old pics of Dave Barr or even CT?
[/quote]

this really lends nothing to your argument[/quote]

V[/quote]

Uh, yeah as far as his development allows him to speak at that time. He isn’t small in that pic. He just isn’t ripped.

Why do some of you seem to have a hard time telling the difference between someone with a solid muscular base who isn’t lean and some guy who doesn’t even lift?

I wouldn’t see him and ASK for advice at that stage in his life because I am past that level of development. That doesn’t mean I would consider him useless as far as bodybuilding though…however, he has clearly GAINED respect by making further progress and working with people who now truly stand out.

Some people here do NOT have people they’ve trained who look the way I want to look in the long run.[/quote]

Sir, you are being hypocritical, I very clearly recall you posting not too long ago, (paraphrasing) “I wouldn’t assume that is a body built by lifting weights”. When people were talking about how ripped Hershel Walker was in his MMA fight. So on one hand you have an NFL RB who has considerably more muscle VISIBLY than the average joe and you say, you wouldn’t even associate that with someone who lifts weights, and then now you are saying that based on these pictures alone, CT looks like a guy who is busting his ass all the time in the gym?

Do you want me to post up the pic of HW? And don’t gimme that, But CT transformed himself crap. He was posting articles and training people before that took place. So to the OP, he would laugh in his general direction because he doesn’t look the part.

All I’m saying, is Retaining and transferrring information does not require you to have an impressive physique. If Stephen Hawking decided he wanted to hobby in bodybuilding training and Nutritional coaching, you think he would not be good at it because he’s paralyzed and weighs 68 Lbs? It’s generally whats between the ears that makes a good teacher and coach, not whats on the bar, or on the feild or etc…

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:

Sir, you are being hypocritical, I very clearly recall you posting not too long ago, (paraphrasing) “I wouldn’t assume that is a body built by lifting weights”. When people were talking about how ripped Hershel Walker was in his MMA fight.[/quote]

Wait, so instead of assume that is because of Walker’s build and the fact that I know several black dudes just like that growing up in Houston, you have decided that my comment about Walker somehow has ANYTHING at all to do with a Canadian white guy who did more powerlifting in his early years?

This may be a shock to you, but yes, many guys can look like that without living in a weight room and my comment was about HOW Walker trained and how he only looked that big in only ONE photo but not in the videos.

I think you underestimate my responses to you.

[quote]
All I’m saying, is Retaining and transferrring information does not require you to have an impressive physique. If Stephen Hawking decided he wanted to hobby in bodybuilding training and Nutritional coaching, you think he would not be good at it because he’s paralyzed and weighs 68 Lbs? It’s generally whats between the ears that makes a good teacher and coach, not whats on the bar, or on the feild or etc…

V[/quote]

Bullshit. CT does not look untrained in that picture. Not only that, he took that pic for the whole purpose of providing a BEFORE pic. If I start dieting right now and take a “before” pic, you can bet I will not be flexing, may adopt a facial expression circa 1920’s Depression Era farmer, and may even stick my gut out more.

Quit playing games.

In bodybuilding, why the fuck would anyone follow the guy who had NOTHING to show for what they claim?

If you want to waste time that way, go right ahead.

My guess is you will LOOK like that was your decision years later as well.

Let’s see if we can get the views of this thread over 1,000.

This is Herschel at his last fight. It does not take regular weight training for all people to look like this. The man has great genetics…and would be bigger than 99% of the people here no matter what.

The man does EXERCISE regularly and has stated he does bodyweight movements more than anything…so to claim he looks UNTRAINED is bullshit and not anything like what I stated before.

If you didn’t know there are guys who can look like this without living in a gym, welcome to reality.

Let’s see if we can get the views of this thread over 1,000.

This is Herschel at his last fight. It does not take regular weight training for all people to look like this. The man has great genetics…and would be bigger than 99% of the people here no matter what.

The man does EXERCISE regularly and has stated he does bodyweight movements more than anything…so to claim he looks UNTRAINED is bullshit and not anything like what I stated before.

If you didn’t know there are guys who can look like this without living in a gym, welcome to reality.[/quote]

I recall Joe DeFranco writing about a football player who didn’t like to lift weights because he got too big too quickly. When DeFranco didn’t believe him, and made him start lifting… the guy actually got big WAY too quickly.

There are guys that can fall through the door of a gym and get huge. Herschel Walker is DEFINITELY one of them.

I hate them all. Fuckers.