T Nation

Pictures of Self

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I don’t normally venture out of the ‘steroids’ playground, but saw this thread and wanted to respond with my opinion…

I would say that it is skewed perception… at least it is from my point of view. This might sound arrogant, but I know, I mean KNOW that girls find me attractive, and yet when I look in a mirror, I would have to describe my own face as “funny-looking”. Not in a rubber-faced comedian kinda way, just odd. Definitely not a ‘Walk into a bar and notice a fair selection of girls/women taking a first, second and even third look at me’ face, and yet these things happen on a not infrequent basis…

Perhaps in future, I should put in my false teeth and glass eye before I venture out of the house LOL.

bushy[/quote]

True. Like I had said earlier. We are very perceptive to our own flaws to the point of not being able to take “the whole picture” when we look at ourselves. Doesn’t matter if we’re attractive to others or not, we will always be “not right” in our own eyes. Such is human nature I’m afraid. I mean, if we thought we looked just fine, would we still work out and wear nice clothes and do the other “primping” shit we do?

[quote]sic 10-52 wrote:
chrismcl wrote:
this is probably a product of either a skewed perception or me just being sick of seeing the same mug for my whole life.

Skewed perception. Obsessing (yes I used that word) about the way your face looks is the biggest waste of fucking time. Are you planning on changing anything about it? Plastic surgery? I didn’t think so. It’s who you are, it’s what your mom and dad’s fabulous genes gave you. Get over it.

I could spend hours plucking my eyebrows just right or wishing my nose looked different or that I had a different smile. What’s the point? It’s out of your control. Instead, I found little things I liked, such as my really freakin blue eyes, and notice those when I happen to catch a glimpse of my face in the mirror. Life is short, why be so negative about something as silly as your face?[/quote]

Excellant reply sic! Haven’t you all found that the people who you love are beautiful to you? Seriously all beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sounds cliche but its so true.

I have pathetically LOW self esteem and need to virtually bond w/ other equally insecure men while at the same not asserting my own persona. I try to be very neutral and NEVER assert an opinion which may differ from the majority. Despite extreme polypharmacy my body lags and I know deep down I’ll NEVER be in a physique competition. But hey as long as I can hide behind my PC and bond I’m happy. Strength training is NOT what’s actually on the bar OR how muscular/large I am its how clever I can be in conversation…right?

I’m slightly different. When I look at my face in the mirror, I generally think I look good. When I see my face photographed, I think I look like shit.

I’ve known some girls that thought I was good looking, and others that thought I was a two or three out of ten. It all depends.

But the bottom line is that no matter how good looking (or not) a girl thinks I am… that doesn’t seem to have anything at all to do with my likelihood of banging her. I’m just saying.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
I’m slightly different. When I look at my face in the mirror, I generally think I look good. When I see my face photographed, I think I look like shit.

I’ve known some girls that thought I was good looking, and others that thought I was a two or three out of ten. It all depends.

But the bottom line is that no matter how good looking (or not) a girl thinks I am… that doesn’t seem to have anything at all to do with my likelihood of banging her. I’m just saying.[/quote]

I kinda agree on that photograph thing, maybe not your best look )

^

For my legion of fans who read ALL my posts…U finally get to see ME …

[quote]TestOnly wrote:
^
For my legion of fans who read ALL my posts…U finally get to see ME …[/quote]

Man, your butt is eating up that thong…

^ Here’s one of my 1/2 native son & I. He’s the tall one on the right. Good thing I nailed a woman w/ roughly 4x the amt. of LBM than some bony little weak doormat chick w/ implants who couldn’t beat her way out of wet paper bag.

I have to agree,
I look a little out of place when standing next to my wife she is absolutely beautiful. I look at myself as not necessarily ugly but I often wonder what the fuck was she thinking when I asked her to marry me? She should’ve ran the other way.
But, I noticed I do make her laugh alot and I can always make her smile. I’m not the best looking man in the world and I’ve had a few people tell me they thought I was a dick head just by looking at me or telling me I looked like a mean SOB.

After talking to me and actually conversing they realized they were wrong. Communication, self humiliation and a good sense of humor will get a hot chick better than anything other than 12 inches of tube steak.

Another thing I too look like a schmuck in pictures, and video, but this schmuck will make you laugh your ass off

Dont judge a book by it’s cover unless it’s Playboy, and the pages are stuck together.

BULLPUP