Picture post

I’d like to see these pics but I’m also getting the message that the site has had too many logins today. From all the compliments I’m hearing I would also like for you to post your workout/diet routine.

Thanks.

Tbros…can’t thank you enough for the positive comments…this is great! My routine is as follows. Actually, i’ll give you a bit of background first. I play rugby 8 months of the year and during that time I alternate between two and three whole-body routines per week. Those routines are focused largely on increasing relative power and strength with as much specificity to my sport as possible (lots of cleans, push presses, step-ups and lunges). My focus is getting as strong as possible for my weight, since in my mind, this equals power, agility and outright speed. combine this with running hard 4 times per week (including a game), and I don’t gain too much in the way of mass…i’ve never really been big anyhow. so, for about two of the remaining four months of the year, i switch to doing more volume and increase my lean mass.

I switch protocols every 2-3 weeks, but generally speaking, my best results have come from a basic three on, one off routine, performed for three weeks, followed by a rest week. My basic split is: Day 1, Quads and Hamstrings, Day 2, Chest and Shoulders, Day 3, Back and every second rotation, arms. Abs are worked about 2 times per week using high-resistance exercises like full leg raises and heavy swiss ball crunches. I work my calves 2 to 3 times per week with varying rep ranges and skip in between each set for 1 min.

Sets per bodypart are: Quads and hamstrings, about 10-12, Chest and shoulders, about 8-10 each, Back about 12.

I should say that my program is always changing and i think that’s the main reason it works so well for me. The above is a general outline, but I do routines that vary from 2 days per week all the way up to 6, with everything in between.
To cut up a bit, I usually do about 30 min of cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach 3 days/wk. I also play sports about 3 days/wk as well. sorry for the long post
ps.

Hyphnz…I’ve never competed, but may do in the future when I can devote more time to “bodybuilding-type” training rather than sports-specific stuff.
pps. sorry if the site has blocked you out…i think there is a max. # of visitors per day (75), and i’ve emailed the site’s webmaster about it.
keep liftin, bro’s, and timbo…keep that liver goin, my man

Can someone post the picture in a place that is more easily accessable. I tried look at it both last night and today, but I’m getting the error message as well.

Hey Chris, just curious dd you ahve any problems with excess skin with that fat loss? I went from 220 to 166 and I’m reminded everyday of my obesity I was 5’7 at 220 and about 30 % bodfat and about 14 years old(didn’t know much about healthy, I was just kid) now i’m 19 in two weeks…5’9 175-178 at about 9-9.5 bodyfat trying to get to six…but I have this skin covering the abbies and its not real tight to the rest of my body either …just curious . Congrats on your accomplishments thus far though, very impressive. Mike

Mike- I have a little loose skin from my fat days left over. I’ve been “not fat” for over 10 years so I’ve given up hope that it will tighten up. Also, once a fat cell is created, so to speak (like if you were a fat youth), then all you can do is shrink it or expand it with diet and training. I think I must have a lot of little shrunken fat cells in there because even at 6% bodyfat I had little pooches of fat at the midsection. 6% was an unnatural state for me and I felt like crap. I didn’t want to go lower or stay that way. And I knew I couldn’t add more muscle in that ripped condition. So I just accepted my little scarlett letter that reminds me of my fat days. Maybe one day I’ll get those little rebel cells sucked out.

Great pics! It’s nice to see a rugger without a beer gut! grin Ok, ok not all of them have beer guts, but one of our local mens teams spends far more time doing liquid curls than iron ones! It’s so cool to see so many rugby players on this site all of a sudden!

I finally was able to check out your pics. Lookin’ good bro! You have the “underwear model” look that many of us want to attain. And I know many ladies like that look. Once I get lean, my physique will be similar to yours. Only I’ll be working with a 5’4" frame! :wink: Keep up the good work bro!

Cam, if you have the time can you elaborate on your training. For example what kind of supplements do you take and what is your diet like. I really want to know what exercises you do for your body parts. You say Day 2 is chest and shoulders: you mentioned the number of sets but not the particular lifts, do you pyramid or what? Sorry to get down to the nitty gritty but you have the kind of body that I want. Eventually I wouldn’t mind being super scary huge but right now the underwear model thing is a sure-fire way to get laid.

Cam - A job well done mate! You posess a physique nearly everyone would be very happy to have. You must feel proud of your achievement.

hey why did you put pictures of shawn phillips on that site when you said it was you?lol

shawn phillips? wh-who told you that? (damn they found out!!!) lol

Wait wait wait! Wasn’t Shawn killed in the “naked pick-up truck” incident?

“MB Eric: Excellent journalism…does not apply here. since 1711.”

-Eric

Your physique looks good but I wonder if you ever get much back mid back pain? Upon viewing your pic from behind it appears you have a case of scoliosis. It could just be the lighting or muscles though.

Hey Kelly…I do have a bit of scoliosis, but it doesn’t bother me at all really. I have done quite a bit of swiss ball/stability work, which may have helped…thanks for the concern, though!

Cam, how’s about that dieting info and what types of exercises specifically?

alright, Krak…here’s a bit more detailed info:
Firstly, diet- to strip off fat, I usually eat a 30-45/50-20/25 ratio (that being about 30% protein, 45-50% carbs, and 20-25% fat). I usually eat about 5 meals a day, 6 if I’m up early and/or are very organized. Protein sources are usually egg whites, turkey breasts, chicken breasts, and red/black beans (in chili). Total calories depend on how fast i want to lose fat…at about 1900 or so it really comes off fast, and at 2200 a bit slower. I wouldn’t recommend going below 10X bodyweight in terms of calories unless you only have a couple of weeks to lean out. Maintenance is around 2600/2700 cals. Obviously, to gain a bit, I add 500+ cals per day and adjust as needed. I eat a lot of fruit for my carbs, no cereal(except a high fibre supplement called fibre1), and very little bread products. Postworkout, I like to get in about 60-70g. of carbs, (a little less when leaning out), and 25g of whey and glutamine powder.
Supplements: as above, I use a Whey protein powder (Designer whey is one of my favorites) first thing in the morning with glutamine and same after training. I’ll also eat some balance (40-30-30) bars and Promax bars as needed during the day. I use creatine pretty sparingly - usually when I’m leaning out or on a bulking phase, 10g per day for no more than 1.5 months in a row, and usually less than 2X per year. Tribulus terrestris is a useful supplement if you get a good quality, potent dose…I haven’t tried Tribex500 yet, but will in the near future. Tribulus Fuel from Twinlab varies a lot in quality (potency) but if you get a good batch, it’s unmatched in generating mass and strength gains. Caffeine is my secret weapon when losing fat…extra intensity for lifting, increased fat use and glycogen sparing effects are just a few benefits…I stay away from ephedrine for the most part as I’m fairly wary of it’s potential dangers. Plus i’m pretty caffeine-sensitive, so even 150mg or so will get me buzzing. In addition, I have the staples of Vitamin C, E and beta carotene, along with a daily multivitamin/mineral. I just recently started using an essential fatty acid supplement, which i believe is helping me trim down.

Training-
Generally speaking, for most bodyparts, i’ll do a compound movement for 4 sets (resting about 2 min between sets) followed by either another compound movement or a superset of an isolation and a compound movement for 4 sets or so. I like to train most muscles from a variety of angles as well.
So, here are some examples:
Chest: Incline Barbell or DB press, 4 sets of 6-8 reps, pyramiding up to 85’s or so. (early sets are not to failure, last set is basically a max effort)…may go 70’s, 75’s, 80’s then 85’s. Then, I’ll usually superset DB or Pec Deck flyes with dips for 3-4 sets (about 8 reps each). When doing supersets like this, I usually only allow 30 seconds between supersets…great pump, although it takes some getting used to.
Shoulders: Again, a compound movement (usually seated front barbell presses), 4 sets of 6-8, followed by a superset…DB Laterals and Machine or DB military press, 4 sets, 8 reps each, with 30 sec’s in between. Big time pump! By the way, I usually alternate which BPart I do first in my routine to allow growth of both. (I developed this program from John McCallum’s Keys to Progress book, and seems to work well)…
I’ve gotta go now, but I’ll fill you in a bit later with leg and back stuff. Hope this helps!
Cam

Cam, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question. Thanks a lot and I look forward to the next posting.

I haven’t checked out the pics. yet, but will try soon enough. Wanna see a well built bod, check out nolanwest on Ebay. He sells cool clothes. Go to search, then click on sellers, then type in nolanwest.

Good work bud, you’re an inspiration.