Picture of One of My Bodybuilders

The guy is 57 years old, just won the master’s and middleweight classes as well as the overall this weekend.

At 57 he actually bettered the physique he had in his 30s when he finished 3rd or 2nd at the national championships.

The cool thing is that all we did for legs was prowler work twice per week. He has chronic knee problems. Not only was he able to build decent legs, his knee pain went away!

he is the MAN!! great job

I was there, and he was amazing. He was the only one with glutes and hamstring developpement. + he was the only one with the oldschool vaccum pose. Good work for both of you

Oh wow, that is amazing, and definitely inspiration! Well done

Damn that Rectus Femoris is DUG OUT!!!

S

And this is one of his worst pose. His side triceps and side chest are much better.

I want to look like this guy when I’m 57. What am I talking about? I want to look like this guy now!

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
The cool thing is that all we did for legs was prowler work twice per week. He has chronic knee problems. Not only was he able to build decent legs, his knee pain went away![/quote]

That is awesome, with the nicer weather I’ve been doing tons of sled pushing/tire dragging outside, which obviously impacts my strength and frequency on squats/deads.

Nice to know my legs won’t wither away!

Anyway, great work. He looks fantastic, I agree with the above poster, I’m 31 and would love to look like that now, let alone when I am 57.

CT

Just interested if you could give a brief overview of his basic training and nutrition?

Guy looks great.

Good job to both of you

[quote]moogweasel wrote:
CT

Just interested if you could give a brief overview of his basic training and nutrition?

Guy looks great.

Good job to both of you[/quote]

Bump, the guy looks great, and I am curious myself being an older guy.

CT, how was he able to maintain leg development with just prowler work? I have angry knees and if I don’t squat my thighs disappear, especially if dieting.
Does he have naturally big legs to begin with due to gentetics or did he already develop a great deal of size in his early days and just maintains now?

[quote]as wrote:
CT, how was he able to maintain leg development with just prowler work? I have angry knees and if I don’t squat my thighs disappear, especially if dieting.
Does he have naturally big legs to begin with due to gentetics or did he already develop a great deal of size in his early days and just maintains now?[/quote]

When I saw the picture I was blown away by his leg development. Then you stated he only does prowler work twice per week!

Obviously he had a great foundation to begin with but I am curious to know, do you emphasise ROM (like a long lunging movement) while doing prowlers or do you tell him to just go for it any which way he can (avoiding knee pain)?

Phenomenal results btw!

i want you to help me win like this guys… i know it’s possible

The cool thing is that all we did for legs was prowler work twice per week. He has chronic knee problems. Not only was he able to build decent legs, his knee pain went away![/quote]

Thib, is there a specific way he used the prowler? We talking straight up sprints or do you have any cool exercises to do with the prowler besides using the high and low handles or possibly doing exercises with the elitefts drive pad… http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=2816

Thanks

This makes me happy considering I just bought a sled-and-prowler made into one apparatus on eBay. Yay!!!

[quote]Mr_Magoo wrote:

Thib, is there a specific way he used the prowler? We talking straight up sprints or do you have any cool exercises to do with the prowler besides using the high and low handles or possibly doing exercises with the elitefts drive pad… http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=2816

Thanks
[/quote]

I’d like to tell you that we used many fancy exercises, but we didn’t. We stuck with:

• prowler sprints (various lengths)
  • sled backward drag
  • sled lunges
  • sled backward lunges