Pics: W. Silva Strong Man Training

There is a MAJOR difference in strength between the UFC and Pride. I think Silva could easily beat liddel. Yes liddel is a better wrestler, but as a wrestler, I wouldn’t want to shoot in on Silva ever, as that is a mistake many wrestlers have made.

Sakuraba made that mistake on 3 seperate occasions, and every time the fight ended with Silva breaking a different part of face. The fourth fight, Sak tried submissions, and Silva just picked him up and broke him in half.

[quote]thabigdon24 wrote:
I can’t wait to see avideo of his next fight… think he can beat liddel on a good day?[/quote]

I think he can beat Lidell on a bad day.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

Okay, then since Belfort beat Silva and Coture beat Belfort that means that Coture can beat Silva…according to your logic. (which is not necessarily bad).

[/quote]

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:

Okay, then since Belfort beat Silva and Coture beat Belfort that means that Coture can beat Silva…according to your logic. (which is not necessarily bad).

[/quote]

it’s very bad logic.

ali always had fits with smokin joe.
joe was tooled twice by foreman.
of course we know what happened to foreman at the hands of ali.

you would think by this model that foreman should be able to dominate ali because he was able to destroy a fighter that ali always struggled with.but it doesn’t play out that way.

it’s all how each fighter fits against another fighter.

some styles work better against other styles.

[quote]LBRTRN wrote:
Massif wrote:
deanosumo wrote:
thabigdon24 wrote:
think he can beat liddel on a good day?
Beat Liddel? E-a-s-y.

There are simple differences between the two. Chuck goes to fight. Silva goes to war. Chuck wants to knock someone out. Silva wants to permanently disfigure someone.

Silva isn’t indestructible. If Chuck can tag him (which he does quite well)and then keep on him, he has a good chance of taking the fight. If he doesn’t do this, well, poor Chucky.

IMO, it all tepends on where they fight. If in the UFC, I give Chuck the advantage. If in Pride, I give Silva the advantage. I dont like the whole “x beat y and y beat z, therefor x will beat z” thing. For instance, Randleman beat the shit out of Cro cop and Liddel knocked out Randleman. Do I think Liddel has a chance against Cro cop? sure.

However, I sure as hell dont think it would be a walk in the park. There are just too many variables in fighting…and the difference between a cage and a ring is one huge variable.

[/quote]

Crocop has since avenged this fluke by choking out Randleman. The competition in Pride is so good in the upper divisions, that any fighter can lose on any given day. I don’t think the same could be said for UFC because there really isn’t any way Chuck was going to lose to Jeremy Horn in that last one.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
thabigdon24 wrote:
I can’t wait to see avideo of his next fight… think he can beat liddel on a good day?

[/quote]

Finally, something I can agree with Zeb on…it had to happen eventually.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
LBRTRN wrote:
Massif wrote:
deanosumo wrote:
thabigdon24 wrote:
think he can beat liddel on a good day?
Beat Liddel? E-a-s-y.

There are simple differences between the two. Chuck goes to fight. Silva goes to war. Chuck wants to knock someone out. Silva wants to permanently disfigure someone.

Silva isn’t indestructible. If Chuck can tag him (which he does quite well)and then keep on him, he has a good chance of taking the fight. If he doesn’t do this, well, poor Chucky.

IMO, it all tepends on where they fight. If in the UFC, I give Chuck the advantage. If in Pride, I give Silva the advantage. I dont like the whole “x beat y and y beat z, therefor x will beat z” thing. For instance, Randleman beat the shit out of Cro cop and Liddel knocked out Randleman. Do I think Liddel has a chance against Cro cop? sure.

However, I sure as hell dont think it would be a walk in the park. There are just too many variables in fighting…and the difference between a cage and a ring is one huge variable.

Crocop has since avenged this fluke by choking out Randleman. The competition in Pride is so good in the upper divisions, that any fighter can lose on any given day. I don’t think the same could be said for UFC because there really isn’t any way Chuck was going to lose to Jeremy Horn in that last one.[/quote]

That was kind of my point. When you are talking about that level of competition, anyone can lose. As far as Horn and Liddel goes, do you say that because you think Horn isnt the same caliber fighter as Chuck? If thats what you are saying than I couldnt disagree more…

I think we usually agree on most things that are unrelated to politics, MMA, training and women. :slight_smile:

[quote]slimjim wrote:
ZEB wrote:
thabigdon24 wrote:
I can’t wait to see avideo of his next fight… think he can beat liddel on a good day?

Finally, something I can agree with Zeb on…it had to happen eventually.[/quote]

Im not saying Liddell would win but I think you guys are underestimating him a bit.

[quote]LBRTRN wrote:

That was kind of my point. When you are talking about that level of competition, anyone can lose. As far as Horn and Liddel goes, do you say that because you think Horn isnt the same caliber fighter as Chuck? If thats what you are saying than I couldnt disagree more…
[/quote]

Yes, that is what I’m saying. While Horn is a good LH, he is not on the level of Liddell or Couture in the UFC. There really wasn’t anyway he was going to be able to submit Chuck.

[quote]LBRTRN wrote:
slimjim wrote:
ZEB wrote:
thabigdon24 wrote:

Im not saying Liddell would win but I think you guys are underestimating him a bit.

[/quote]

I agree that Chuck has a shot, but I think the backlash was in response to the intial poster’s position that Chuck would be favored to win this fight.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
LBRTRN wrote:
slimjim wrote:
ZEB wrote:
thabigdon24 wrote:

I agree that Chuck has a shot, but I think the backlash was in response to the intial poster’s position that Chuck would be favored to win this fight.[/quote]

Cool…I guess I just took the “he could beat him on a bad day” a little too literally.

the only chance liddell has is if they fight in the cage and liddell pins him and pounds him

silva will beat him standing, silva is way more technical than chuck standing, hell, randy couture slapped chuck around standing in their first fight and he isnt as good a striker as wand

chuck could always get lucky because of his heavy hands and eye pokes, but wand is better and should win