Pics of New System Test Subject Sebastien

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Liv92 wrote:
When will you guys be releasing this? Will it be free or what?

Yes it will.

Good to know that it will be free, and the super program only takes 45minutes!!

I agree, this is like xmas all over again, none of us can wait any longer.[/quote]

Well, that is only an average. Some sessions can take 75 minutes others 25

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:
Can you release this program like soon! Stop teasing me Thibs!

Everyday I log on to T-Nation and read the front page for a new article, like a child on Christmas waiting to open his red fire truck to only find out it’s a 1979 VW.

1-2 weeks now
Forums - T Nation - The World's Trusted Community for Elite Fitness [/quote]

OK IT’S BEEN 2 MORE WEEKS! :slight_smile:

Hey guys, I have been reading around and thought I would drop a quick note! My name is Sebastien Cossette, aka DaFreak around here - I wanted to post this a long time ago but my laptop got stolen midway through my contest prep so I was left kind of into Stone age. Anyway I have been on a variant of the system for the past 3 months as I began working with Chris again around mid-march.

I competed last july 4th and ended up taking 3rd light-heavyweight at the Quebec Provincial, I know I achieved the best physique of my life even though the judges thought differently. Now I am qualified for the Canadian Championships and will compete again on august 22 in Vancouver - I will try and work something out with Christian to inform you on the program with an insider point of view if you’re interested?

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
mcook123 wrote:
Coach Thibaudeau, I have a few questions on this new program. I understand the desire of Biotest for secrecy on this superprogram so I will try to keep it general. I am just trying to figure out if I should be excited about this superprogram or not.

1. Have you put in a planned progression? (other than just adding weight)

Yes, one of its basic principle is micro autoregulation of the training load.

mcook123 wrote:
2. Is the set/rep scheme set in stone or is it part of the progression plan?

There is not ONE rep scheme, but several as well a different loading methods.

mcook123 wrote:
3. Is this a program mainly for bodybuilders or is it also useful for athletes?

Although designed for bodybuilders, athletes can benefit from it because the main focus is the nervous system and the recruitment of high threshold motor units.

But we will also release an athletic version of the system.

mcook123 wrote:
4. Does it have a constituent nutrition plan or can I keep my own?

You can keep your own although some general guidelines to maximize the effect of the program will be given.

mcook123 wrote:
5. Do the workouts last 2-3 hours 5 days per week or is it more “user friendly” for those who work 60-70 hours per week?

Actually the workouts rarely lasts more than 45 minutes. One of our test subjects is a father of one, works construction 50 hours a week and manage his own real estate business.

mcook123 wrote:
6. Is there any new methods in this program, or have you guys dug up some mostly forgotten methods that work great but are mostly forgotten today.
7. Does it require $500-600 per month in supplements?

There are new methods, but it`s mostly about how to maximize the effect of each method by using proper sequencing.[/quote]

Notice he didn’t answer the last question and made it look like he accidentally lumped 6 and 7 together. My guess is that there is going to be an entire arsenal of “recommended supplements” that you just can’t do without.

Nothing against the program though because almost any program will work, and people have known for a long time there is no magic bullet in terms of training and nutrition, just methods that may work better than others for different people. It’s just T-Nation is taking advantage to try and get more supplement sales, just like with the Velocity Diet.

[quote]Bizmark wrote:
mcook123 wrote:
Coach Thibaudeau, I have a few questions on this new program. I understand the desire of Biotest for secrecy on this superprogram so I will try to keep it general. I am just trying to figure out if I should be excited about this superprogram or not.

mcook123 wrote:

mcook123 wrote:

Although designed for bodybuilders, athletes can benefit from it because the main focus is the nervous system and the recruitment of high threshold motor units.

mcook123 wrote:

You can keep your own although some general guidelines to maximize the effect of the program will be given.

mcook123 wrote:
5. Do the workouts last 2-3 hours 5 days per week or is it more “user friendly” for those who work 60-70 hours per week?

Actually the workouts rarely lasts more than 45 minutes. One of our test subjects is a father of one, works construction 50 hours a week and manage his own real estate business.

mcook123 wrote:
6. Is there any new methods in this program, or have you guys dug up some mostly forgotten methods that work great but are mostly forgotten today.

There are new methods, but it`s mostly about how to maximize the effect of each method by using proper sequencing.

Notice he didn’t answer the last question and made it look like he accidentally lumped 6 and 7 together. My guess is that there is going to be an entire arsenal of “recommended supplements” that you just can’t do without.

Nothing against the program though because almost any program will work, and people have known for a long time there is no magic bullet in terms of training and nutrition, just methods that may work better than others for different people. It’s just T-Nation is taking advantage to try and get more supplement sales, just like with the Velocity Diet.[/quote]

Yes we will recommend a supplements program… it’s not a big secret either; it’s the para-workout protocol I’ve been explaining for the past month.

Is it a must? No… no supplements ever are. However having tried the program with and without the protocol I can honestly say that there is a significant different in progress.

[quote]Bizmark wrote:
mcook123 wrote:

mcook123 wrote:

mcook123 wrote:

mcook123 wrote:

mcook123 wrote:

mcook123 wrote:

There are new methods, but it`s mostly about how to maximize the effect of each method by using proper sequencing.

Nothing against the program though because almost any program will work, and people have known for a long time there is no magic bullet in terms of training and nutrition, just methods that may work better than others for different people. It’s just T-Nation is taking advantage to try and get more supplement sales, just like with the Velocity Diet.[/quote]

I can tell you by experience that any training program is magnified by the supplements you use with it - however what Chris had me doing pre, during and post-workout made all the difference in the world for me this year. Not only did I recover much rapidly, but I did not have ONE single workout when I felt drained or too tired to attack the weights.

I felt off-season in the gym and looked competition ready at the same time - it doesn’t get any better than that for me. Then again, you are entitled to your own opinion and yes, Biotest does sell musclebuilding supplements - the only thing is they work and you don’t have to buy from 12 different companies and mix 3-4 products together like I did before. It is basic, well thought and effective - to me that’s heaven.

Wow. The judges of your last show must have not taken back into consideration. Just my 2 cent.

Is the super program a refinement of the principles in your book High Threshold Muscle Building or a rehashing and simplification?

[quote]DaFreak wrote:
Bizmark wrote:
mcook123 wrote:

mcook123 wrote:

mcook123 wrote:

mcook123 wrote:

mcook123 wrote:

mcook123 wrote:

Nothing against the program though because almost any program will work, and people have known for a long time there is no magic bullet in terms of training and nutrition, just methods that may work better than others for different people. It’s just T-Nation is taking advantage to try and get more supplement sales, just like with the Velocity Diet.

I can tell you by experience that any training program is magnified by the supplements you use with it - however what Chris had me doing pre, during and post-workout made all the difference in the world for me this year. Not only did I recover much rapidly, but I did not have ONE single workout when I felt drained or too tired to attack the weights.

I felt off-season in the gym and looked competition ready at the same time - it doesn’t get any better than that for me. Then again, you are entitled to your own opinion and yes, Biotest does sell musclebuilding supplements - the only thing is they work and you don’t have to buy from 12 different companies and mix 3-4 products together like I did before. It is basic, well thought and effective - to me that’s heaven.[/quote]

I’m actually really surprised my post wasn’t modded for saying that blasphemy :). I’m starting to gain some respect back for this site.

[quote]DH Kiefer wrote:
Is the super program a refinement of the principles in your book High Threshold Muscle Building or a rehashing and simplification?[/quote]

Listen I have been developing this program over the past 6 months! I experimented, changed stuff, re-experimented, changed some more stuff, etc. To give you an idea, my two latest book were written in less than 2 weeks! So if I spend 6 MONTHS working on something you better believe that it’s not gonna just be some rehashing of my old stuff.

[quote]Bizmark wrote:

Anything wrong with that? It takes money to run such a site. The program is free, as is the entire knowledge archived on the site, and TMUSCLE/Biotest merely recommend you use those high quality supplements. Can you blame them for advertising?

If you came to my training studio to see me or members of my staff for such a program, 500$ is what it would cost you in training prescription, supervision and program design…not counting the supplements. an you can do without the supplements, of course, if you’re genetically gifted or if you’re 100% adherent to nutritional guidelines (in my coaching experience, few people succeed in doing) or if you’re really, really, really patient with the program.

If you care to take a year to pack on 10 pounds of muscle instead of 6 months, it’s fine by most people if you ask me. We’ll just wait for you at the finish line.

[quote]Nicky_Boy28 wrote:
Bizmark wrote:

Anything wrong with that? It takes money to run such a site. The program is free, as is the entire knowledge archived on the site, and TMUSCLE/Biotest merely recommend you use those high quality supplements. Can you blame them for advertising?

If you came to my training studio to see me or members of my staff for such a program, 500$ is what it would cost you in training prescription, supervision and program design…not counting the supplements. an you can do without the supplements, of course, if you’re genetically gifted or if you’re 100% adherent to nutritional guidelines (in my coaching experience, few people succeed in doing) or if you’re really, really, really patient with the program.

If you care to take a year to pack on 10 pounds of muscle instead of 6 months, it’s fine by most people if you ask me. We’ll just wait for you at the finish line. [/quote]

No I can’t blame them, I would do the exact same thing in their position. There’s actually a lot worse I would do for money so I’m kinda a hypocrite. I just like calling them out.

I just wanted to mention that I am always amazed at the wealth of information availible for free on this site. It really is phenominal. I have read the latest advertisement teaser. I can tell I simply will not be able to afford Anaconda since it costs over $80 to make one tub. I would love to try the program, however. Perhaps a certain T-Nation author would be kind enough to suggest what supps he would use if he had a $50 a month spending limit and wanted to do the best he could on the program. We wouldn’t tell anyone. It wont affect Biotest’s sales, as you can see its only us level zero’s complaining :-).

hey coach will the athletic version of the superprogram be released at the same time as the bodybuilder program?

As far as the “athletic” version of this system. Is there also going to be a group using that system to report back with progress?