Pics from Set of SW Ep7

^^LOL

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]ActivitiesGuy wrote:
x2.

I always thought it was a bit backwards to see how super-advanced everything looked in the battle scenes of Episode I, II, and III when compared to the look of Episode IV, V, and IV. Watch the Battle of Naboo in The Phantom Menace, then watch the Death Star battle scene in A New Hope, and tell me how it makes any sense that the battle with way more, shinier, and far more advanced-looking ships would have taken place at least 30 years beforehand.[/quote]

Well, they had a war/coupe/revolution and the means of industry collapsed.

[/quote]

I was going to say this, you would think that an affluent world like Naboo would be able to source a better armada than a relatively small group of rebels who were losing the war would, even if it was in the past.

The empire with their countless star destroyers and death star were more advanced than the droid armies in the prequels, so it makes sense there as well.

The lightsaber battles did get significantly worse though…

After getting hurt on the set of the Millennium Falcon, Harrison Ford tweeted this. Pretty darn funny.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
After getting hurt on the set of the Millennium Falcon, Harrison Ford tweeted this. Pretty darn funny.

S[/quote]

I hope this is indicative of his general attitude and he’s not going to be a complete sour puss in this movie.

He’s been terrible in the last things i’ve seen him in.

But parsecs are measure of distance, not -aw fuck it.
How are you guys feeling about the spin-offs? I for one don’t want these…

[quote]Pabro wrote:
How are you guys feeling about the spin-offs? I for one don’t want these…[/quote]

I am quite excited for them because of the two directors confirmed - Gareth Edwards & Josh Trank.

However, the idea of a Han Solo prequel movie makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Yeah, I heard about potential spin-offs for Yoda, Solo, and Fett. The only one I would be interested in the least about would be for Boba Fett. For Yoda, I think nothing more should be said about him ever or you loose the whole master/mystery aspect of him which his his entire character.

As far as the movies coming out now, I was skeptical but the closer it gets the more excited I get. Abrams really seems to want the same thing that most of his audience does and seems willing to put the work in. The set photos look amazing!

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S[/quote]

He broke his ankle deliberately to soften the nerd backlash to Han’s new goatee.

[quote]Pabro wrote:
How are you guys feeling about the spin-offs? I for one don’t want these…[/quote]

You know, it’s amazing the lengths they go to justify things:

I must admit I am rather surprised that JJ Abrahams is only directing Episode VII and not the entire trilogy.

Their director choices have been very good so far, Looper was awesome.

Kinda glad to see Harrison Ford can poke fun at his age, the stunts he performed in the last Indiana Jones movie looked horrendous.

In my ideal universe, Quentin Tarantino would direct the Boba Fett spinoff, and then that would segue into a Usual Suspects-esque team up of Star Wars mercenaries (Bossk, Dengar, IG-88, Cad Bane). Directed by Robert Rodruiguiz of course :slight_smile:

[quote]Silyak wrote:
I kind of think about prequels vs. originals as Rome vs. dark ages. Now, of course Rome probably wasn’t really all that clean and shiny and the dark ages had a lot of bright spots, but this does show how technology can go backward.

Lord of the Rings trilogy vs. Hobbit trilogy suffers from the same problem. Lord of the Rings was awesome because of the live action fight scenes that were intense and filmed well. The first two Hobbit films had really crappy fight scenes that didn’t feel at all realistic. [/quote]

THANK YOU!! I’ve been arguing this with a buddy. I feel exactly as you do one this. While the Hobbit movies are cool, they do not have the same effect on me ans the LOTR did. IDk.

I don’t get the “Boba Fett” love. I mean he was one of several bounty hunters in th movie. Dude flew around like Tinker bell with his little rocket back pack & in the end, he got his ass kicked and fell into the Sarlacc pit.
Obi One’s self exile may make for a interesting side bar project but who knows. All I know is I hope to NEVER see that fucking Jar-Jar Binks again.lol

Fett’s mysterious vibe was what made him cool, and the Expanded Universe really fleshed him out as a legitimate badass.
Unfortunately, the EU went the same way as Alderaan, so now the only canon appearances of Boba are now AotC, where he’s a whiny bitch, and the Clone Wars series, where he’s less of a whiny bitch

Lucas’s wife Marcia (who edited the original trilogy) left him for a younger man right after Return of The Jedi. I think this explains why his attitude went to shit.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Lucas’s wife Marcia (who edited the original trilogy) left him for a younger man right after Return of The Jedi. I think this explains why his attitude went to shit.[/quote]

He was the Miles Dyson of CGI blockbuster movies: Terminator 2, Jurassic Park, Phantom Menace…

Star Wars: Episode VII Rumored to Feature Mandalorians & Sith Witches

Sith witches ? Fap fap fap

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Sith witches ? Fap fap fap[/quote]

Obv Gywdonlian Christie (Brienne of Tarth) is suited to the role of a sith witch so could be legit.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Obv Gywdonlian Christie (Brienne of Tarth) is suited to the role of a sith witch so could be legit.[/quote]

Not fappin to her…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Obv Gywdonlian Christie (Brienne of Tarth) is suited to the role of a sith witch so could be legit.[/quote]

Not fappin to her…[/quote]

You will, or she will bite your fucking ear off.