T Nation

Pics From a Couple Days Ago

Hi, I’m new. I’m 18, an Aussie, don’t take bodybuilding too seriously (I drink and smoke). But if anyone can give me tips I’m open to it.

I don’t have a clue on my body fat %, I’m nearly 6 foot 5 and I weight 87kgs.

Why did you rate yourself a 10? Do you think you’re a 10? Dont you think your closer to a 1?

And here’s a tip for you:
“don’t take bodybuilding too seriously (I drink and smoke). But if anyone can give me tips I’m open to it.”
Go figure…

Nice myspace angles.

Point deduction based on illegal camera angles for a man.

Illegal eh? And no I didn’t rate myself. I know I have a long, long way to go.
What angle do you suggest then buddy?

[quote]Misterhamper wrote:
Why did you rate yourself a 10? Do you think you’re a 10? Dont you think your closer to a 1?

And here’s a tip for you:
“don’t take bodybuilding too seriously (I drink and smoke). But if anyone can give me tips I’m open to it.”
Go figure…[/quote]

people really need to start thinking a little harder about this before accusing someone of giving themselves a 10. Why does it have to be the OP and not some little asshat who just wants to stir shit?

For the OP: People have made gains in the past while drinking and smoking, it just isn’t optimal. What do your workouts throughout the week look like?

Here is what I do:
-wpc protein 1 scoop a day
-creatine 1 teaspoon a day
-I eat when I’m hungery, and no smoking isn’t a sin and neither is drinking.

-15kg dumb-bells for biceps and so-on
(about 4 sets of 12 curls each night, plus some sets of shoulder and back exercises)
-2x25 pushups and 3x12 chinups each day
-50 crunches a day

I got my lean/skinny body from 9 years of martial arts and I work as a labourer.

And cheers man, first person not to hack into me.

I gave you a 1. Its the same thing that most people get when they post on this section.

You dont know how to eat or train. How much more than a 1 would you expect?

Doesn’t look like a 1, not a 10 but certainly not a 1 either. What kinds of weight can you move around. Also I’d get a solid routine, which is not what you currently have, look around on here for one.

FANTASTIC, well in the spirit of getting the shit kicked out of my ego, I went and took some non “poser” photos.
And yeah, I don’t know how to eat or train, everyone has to start somewhere fucko.

This, is a back.

Here is, a bit more of the previous back.
If someone could tell me what I need to do to get my biceps bigger without gaining fat, that would be bonza.

I wish I new what weights I could move around, I haven’t been to the gym since I started working as a labourer full-time (had to travel every second week), but now that I’m going back to school I’m going to start training properly.

Front of me.

Do you have access to weights other than just dumbells? At this point, you’re body is probably well adapted to the chins/pushups by now and you need a new sort of stimulus to make progress. Also, I probably should asked this before just jumping right in, but what are you’re goals?

Tensed Front.

By the way, what is the OP? Owner Person? Obnoxious P@#CK? Someone please explain, I’M NEW.

Leg weights are the only other thing I’ve got.
My goal is to have larger arms and more defined abs, thats all, I just seem to have ground to a halt.

last photo, side.

alright, didn’t see your other two posts. I think it’s pretty widely accepted that if you want big arms, you have to gain muscle weight everywhere. If one thing is lagging, your progress on everything else will stagnate. Poliquin says that if you want to put an inch on your arms, you need to add 15 lbs to your frame. For you, since you are taller, it’s probably more.

If you want to try and get bigger arms quickly without gaining fat, I think you’re out of luck for the most part. The guys who concentrate on trying to stay lean while they get bigger usually make shitty progress unless they are perfectly dialed in with their diet and are training effectively. Since you don’t feel like giving up alcohol, the former will put a damper on your progress. So you will have to choose: Stay lean and make very slow size gains, or get big while simultaneously losing your abs.

Next comes training. You need to train everything. Period. A very generalized description of the major muscle groups that you need to train would be: Back, Chest, shoulders, legs, arms. You’ll want to train them using primarily big exercises, such as the barbell row, back squat, bench press, military press, romanian deadlift, etc. Things that put a lot of different muscles under stress. Keep everything balanced; you want to work antagonistic muscles, such as the lats and pecs, equally to keep your physique looking balanced. If you can’t think of any exercises to do, go here:
http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

[quote]CSchwerdtfeger wrote:
My goal is to have larger arms and more defined abs, thats all, I just seem to have ground to a halt.
[/quote]

Oh my…

Thanks man, you’re a champion. I don’t have a problem giving up alcohol, its the smokes that are hardest to kick. Thanks heaps for the help, I need sleep, its 2.16 am in Aus.